Android 4.3 arriving for Galaxy S3 in October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

parth212

Sep 28, 2009
Florence,NJ
Same here every morning at work I Google samsung galaxy s3 update... I just started to skim thru them as I didn't see a listed eta. We have tomorrow right? I'm assuming Verizon wouldn't push an ota on the weekend?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

clembrowning

Dec 10, 2013
Verisimilitude announced the 4.3 update fir their nexus, my son has been waiting for since June. No release date, but announced lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
BLACK CANYON CITY - Hell's DoorStep!
Same here every morning at work I Google samsung galaxy s3 update... I just started to skim thru them as I didn't see a listed eta. We have tomorrow right? I'm assuming Verizon wouldn't push an ota on the weekend?

When are we getting the update? Oh yeah, tomorrow... :(

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

DigitalMD

Mar 16, 2010
Washington DC
Never have so many expressed so much consternation about so little.................
After using my wife's Sprint S3 which got the 4.3 update weeks ago, I am underwhelmed and the camera app freezes every time I take more than two photos in a row.

parth212

Sep 28, 2009
Florence,NJ
When are we getting the update? Oh yeah, tomorrow... :(

One can only speculate my friend. After seeing that article on gottobemobile it kinda of makes you think like what someone said about that article here. It says : The update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy S3 users hasn’t been extremely smooth, but by now almost all users have received the update. After countless delays and multiple issues the new software is almost finally done rolling out for everyone. "With the last major US carrier Verizon pushing it out this week, we have a few more left."

Now from verizon i keep getting mixed signals, like in the past few days tech has been giving me the runaround. I get responses like oh wait there was an update planned for the s3? or yeah its in the final stages of testing... but i have got 2 in a row saying its close and is coming shortly?

kude87

Jan 2, 2013
Denver, CO
Never have so many expressed so much consternation about so little.................
After using my wife's Sprint S3 which got the 4.3 update weeks ago, I am underwhelmed and the camera app freezes every time I take more than two photos in a row.

I don't think anyone really wants stock 4.3 TW, but the custom roms that iron out all the manufacturer shortcomings. Driver updates are good, too.

Jan 12, 2012
I don't think anyone really wants stock 4.3 TW, but the custom roms that iron out all the manufacturer shortcomings. Driver updates are good, too.

what he said. gives the developers here on xda a new canvas to work on.

Macrodroid

Jul 27, 2010
BLACK CANYON CITY - Hell's DoorStep!
Lol, the old DInc2 days. We would always say tomorrow... And then it never happened.

Hope it doesn't become like that again.

It's won't be today, but there's always tomorrow... Lol. I won't even bring up the other "comments" from that thread... Mods would probably close this down on us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i guess its time to rock this 4.3 :p stock root odex/deodex coming soon :D

gonna see if i can snag this tar :p :cool:
    I really hope you guys know the consequences of taking the official OTA of 4.3
    Your bootloader will be upgraded to a Knox secured one and trying to downgrade it back to an insecure one will brick your phone. This secure boot loader means no custom kernel and no custom recovery until we find a way around it. Root is still possible, but that's it... Only root.
    Just saying. If you guys want custom ROMs, its better to wait
    See here for more info
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47800268
    Tapatalk 4 sucks
    RErickOilfieldTrash3_zpse29e1dc7.png
    I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I just got a message from @Bulls1969 I think we will be working on getting the image today!

Tapatalk 4 sucks
    You will get a Verizon version of 4.3 TW before the holidays whether it comes from Verizon or is leaked by Samsung. 4.2 was already being tested and there is no user difference between 4.2 and 4.3. All the changes are security changes. Samsung needs to sell that new smart watch. Without 4.3 it is a no go on S3, S4 and Note 2. As always do not take the OTA. This is Verizons chance to lock you down like they did the S4. :cool:
    Thread has been cleaned.
    Please keep it respectful and clean.