FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SOLUTION] Change CSC Code completely from SER to your country's code

38 posts
Thanks Meter: 47

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everybody,
I used @soralz thread (here) but it didn't work for me, so I did these steps and it worked; now I share this tutorial with you!

NOTE: In this tutorial, I will use "THR" as Samsung Country Code, "IR" as ISO Country Code, "fa" as Input Language code, "fa_IR" as Display Language Code, "MEA" as Region Code and "IRAN" as Country. (I used these because I am from IRAN )
You should replace these codes with yours.

THERE IS NO NEED TO WIPE OR FACTORY RESET!

The things we'll need 'em:
1. Notepad++ (Optional, but recommended)
2. Root Access (You can use SuperSU or Koushikdutta's Superuser)
3. ADB and Samsung Drivers Installed (Optional)
4. Root File Manager (like ES File Explorer or other)
5. A brain

There are two ways to go to work:
1. Using ADB (in this tutorial I used ADB with Windows and Notepad++, but you can use Linux, ADB and Vim )
2. Using a Root File Manager (like CM File Manager, ES File Explorer or Root Browser)

Using ADB:
1. Open a command line or terminal window
2. Connect your device to your PC and make sure you enabled Developer Options and USB Debugging before.
3. Enter "adb shell" to get an interactive shell from your device.
4. Enter "su" to get Root Access and "busybox mount -o rw,remount /" to remount root partition.
5. Enter
Code:
echo "THR" > /efs/imei/mps_code.dat
and THR is code of IRAN.
6. Enter
Code:
busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
to remount /system partition in r/w mode.
7. Enter "exit" two times to close ADB Shell.
8. Now, we should edit /system/csc/ and /system/SW_Configuration.xml to add our country to the list.
So, enter
Code:
mkdir system_folder
mkdir ./system/csc
cd system_folder
adb pull /system/csc/
cd ..
adb pull /system/SW_Configuration.xml
to pull those things.
9. Now, Go to the folder that named "system_folder" and then in "csc".
10. Create a new folder and rename it to "THR".
11. Open "system_folder/csc/customer.xml" with Notepad++.
Quote:

1. Replace "RUSSIA" with "IRAN"
2. Replace "SER" with "THR"
3. Replace "CIS" with "MEA".
4. Replace "RU" with "IR".

Now, your <GeneralInfo> block should look like this:

Code:
  <GeneralInfo>
    <CSCEdition>ED006</CSCEdition>
    <Country>IRAN</Country>
    <CountryISO>IR</CountryISO>
    <Region>MEA</Region>
    <SalesCode>THR</SalesCode>
  </GeneralInfo>
5. Under <Settings> block you will find <Main> block and <Phone> block.
In <Phone> block you will find "DefLanguage" and "DefLanguageNoSIM" variables.
Change both values from "ru_RU" to "fa_IR".

Delete contents of <Connections> block. (These are default APNs for Russia and we don't need them in our country! )

Now, we are finished here but you can edit default bookmarks of "S Browser" in <Browser> block or make other improvements to this file!
NOTE: <NbXXXXXXXX> blocks contain the number of <XXXXXXXX> blocks.

12. Save it and now go for "others.xml".
Quote:

1. Replace "RUSSIA" with "IRAN".
2. Replace "RU" with "IR".
3. Replace "SER" with "THR".

13. Save "others.xml" and open "language.xml".
Quote:

This file contains the languages you can choose in "Settings > Language and Input > Language". In default, it doesn't provide Persian, Arabic and some other languages. Now, we are going to add them!

1. Replace "RUSSIA" with "IRAN".
2. Replace "RU" with "IR".
3. Replace "SER" with "THR".
4. <Display> block contains the languages that UI will provide them for user.
Add "fa_IR; " at the end of its value.
5. <Input> block contains the languages that Samsung IME will provide them for user.
Add "fa; " at the end of <SupportList>'s value.
6. The default input languages are <EnableList>.
Replace "ru" with "fa".

14. Open "sales_code.dat" and change its content from "SER" to "THR".
15. Go back to "system_folder" and open "SW_Configuration.xml" and add a line like
HTML Code:
	<CustomerData src="/Customer/THR/customer.xml" />
after </NbCustomer>. and save it.
16. Copy these things from "system_folder/csc" to "system_folder/csc/THR":
Code:
contents.db
others.xml
customer.xml
language.xml
sales_code.dat
17. Open a command line or terminal window.
18. Enter
Code:
cd system_folder
adb shell chmod 777 /system
adb shell chmod -R 777 /system/csc
adb push . /system/
adb reboot
Question and Answer:
Q: in Step 18 I am getting "Permission denied" or "Read-only file system" error after "adb push . /system".
A: You should have enough permission to write and overwrite files, so you have to "chmod" files to get enough access. and if you are getting "Read-only file system" is because of you didn't remount /system partition as Read/Write File System. Now, you can enter this command in ADB Shell:
Code:
busybox mount -o rw,remount /system
I also attached my edited CSC folder for you; because you may have some problems with this tutorial!!!!

If you liked this work, press "Thanks"!

List of CSC Country Codes
Attached Files
File Type: zip Edited CSC Folder.zip - [Click for QR Code] (10.4 KB, 1585 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DataUnit For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DataUnit Ad-Free
8th September 2013, 07:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 217

More
What if my CSC country code is not included under the SER firmware? Can you provide for example for CSC files for Southeast Asia? (Philippines, Malaysia , Indonesia, Vietnam)
It used to be very easy before using *#272*IMEI# because you get a list of available CSC codes. Now samsung removed this method.
I suggest that you should include in your procedure that it only works for SER firmware. For southeast Asia the user can download for example a Vietnam firmware and use your procedure to change to Malaysia CSC.
8th September 2013, 07:54 AM |#3  
Flag Taipei
Thanks Meter: 562

More
Hmm, why?
8th September 2013, 08:20 AM |#4  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by soralz

Hmm, why?

LOL @soralz I did not read your thread. The procedure is already there!
8th September 2013, 08:43 AM |#5  
Flag Bhuj-Kutch
Thanks Meter: 2,516

More
Hmmm....nice job...but I don't understand why need this method to change csc...whenever I flashed any rom the csc changes with respected region of that rom itself...just flashed inu 4.2.2 over the ser 4.2.2...earlier it was ser n now it is inu...so it has changed itself....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2
8th September 2013, 09:07 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetvis37

Hmmm....nice job...but I don't understand why need this method to change csc...whenever I flashed any rom the csc changes with respected region of that rom itself...just flashed inu 4.2.2 over the ser 4.2.2...earlier it was ser n now it is inu...so it has changed itself....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

Because sthere are times when the files provided by sammobile are not the region you desire. Like when I dl XTC for Philippines the one from sammobile is from Vietnam. So instead of redownloading from hotfile which is at times a big pain, this procedure and the one from soralz is useful.
8th September 2013, 11:09 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongski55

Because sthere are times when the files provided by sammobile are not the region you desire. Like when I dl XTC for Philippines the one from sammobile is from Vietnam. So instead of redownloading from hotfile which is at times a big pain, this procedure and the one from soralz is useful.

same here... I got the XTC file from sammoble which it was said / labeled for SUN network wherein my phone is also network locked to SUN but my current CSC right now is XTE, so I'm not sure on that it might brick my fone when i update it...
8th September 2013, 11:19 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polpan

same here... I got the XTC file from sammoble which it was said / labeled for SUN network wherein my phone is also network locked to SUN but my current CSC right now is XTE, so I'm not sure on that it might brick my fone when i update it...

Your case keeps on coming back on different threads @polpan. If you are not sure and you do not believe what we say here in xda why don't you go to SUN cellular and ask them to update your phone? Also I assume you have a contract with SUN cellular so you mioght violate your contract by doing something to your phone?
9th September 2013, 01:18 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Your case keeps on coming back on different threads @polpan. If you are not sure and you do not believe what we say here in xda why don't you go to SUN cellular and ask them to update your phone? Also I assume you have a contract with SUN cellular so you mioght violate your contract by doing something to your phone?

I do believe on all what the people says here on XDA..I learned a lot since I joined here and followed them accordingly on my other phones, it's just I'm not so sure if it is applicable for my region or for my fone (GTi9082), since I do not know if there are any people here at XDA also resides in the Philippines like me who tried it

Sorry about the posts....
9th September 2013, 03:42 PM |#10  

More
I understand you are on 4.1.2 and if you have read discussions on the 4.2.2 update you should by now learn that for your case it would be better not to update. 4.1.2 is good enough if not better.
9th September 2013, 08:25 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Isfahan
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:

What if my CSC country code is not included under the SER firmware? Can you provide for example for CSC files for Southeast Asia? (Philippines, Malaysia , Indonesia, Vietnam)
It used to be very easy before using *#272*IMEI# because you get a list of available CSC codes. Now samsung removed this method.
I suggest that you should include in your procedure that it only works for SER firmware. For southeast Asia the user can download for example a Vietnam firmware and use your procedure to change to Malaysia CSC.

It doesn't matter because you are going to include your country's CSC under SER Firmware!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
add language, csc, csc change, galaxy grand, samsung csc

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)