FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Lg P769 v20h REVEALED on tmobile website!!

537 posts
Thanks Meter: 156

Post Reply Email Thread
So as many of you have been wondering, WHAT does v20H OTA update DO??
Well, to answer your pleas and my own questions i have unearthed an ANSWER!!!
Now dont get dissapointed with what you see here..its Tmobiles problem. Link to Source! //t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F 5752[/ ADD HTTPS FOR LINK... IM NEW SO IT WONT LET ME POST LINKS UNTIL 10TH post
The Following User Says Thank You to UltraRoboto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift UltraRoboto Ad-Free

10th September 2013, 05:23 AM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentAssassinE

So as many of you have been wondering, WHAT does v20H OTA update DO??
Well, to answer your pleas and my own questions i have unearthed an ANSWER!!!
Now dont get dissapointed with what you see here..its Tmobiles problem. Link to Source! //t-mobile.jive-mobile.com/#jive-document?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdocuments%2F 5752[/ ADD HTTPS FOR LINK... IM NEW SO IT WONT LET ME POST LINKS UNTIL 10TH post

Well bro, that link doesn't work. However, this does: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5752. According to T-Mobile all the V20H firmware does is upgrade the roaming connectivity.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJ Scooby Doo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DJ Scooby Doo Ad-Free
10th September 2013, 03:42 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
:banghead:

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to infamous_nacho For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift infamous_nacho Ad-Free
10th September 2013, 05:41 PM |#4  
Flag Toledo, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Was this update necessary? I feel like Tmo is toying with us. Anyone have any idea why we don't have 4.2/43 yet?
10th September 2013, 08:20 PM |#5  
Flag Parrish
Thanks Meter: 766

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehritzinator

Was this update necessary? I feel like Tmo is toying with us. Anyone have any idea why we don't have 4.2/43 yet?

Because they'd like us to buy a new phone.
10th September 2013, 11:08 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag College Station, Texas
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Smile Dissapointed
Yeah looks, like we wont be getting 4.2 anytime soon...unless, perhaps, we get Android KITKAT XD:vi ctory::victory :
Also..the link DID work before..i tried for confirmation but i guess not anymore hopefully there is something else in v20h we dont know about yet
11th September 2013, 01:00 AM |#7  
Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot

Because they'd like us to buy a new phone.

Yeah the new L9 II is expected to come out soon sooooo...

Sent via LG Optimus L9 US
21st September 2013, 05:22 PM |#8  
Flag Des Moines Iowa
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Rooted P769
I have have the P769 with JB V20f. I keeping getting the the notification for the V20h update. I hit reboot & install. It shuts down then goes to the Android screen with the red triangle. I'm not sure what mode this is (I'm new to Jelly Bean and phone that does OTA updates) then reboots. I go to check Software version & it shows P76920f is still installed. What gives?

I have a P769 V20f rooted using LGPwn, have Superuser & Voodoo OTA RootKeeper V2.0.3

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!
21st September 2013, 05:24 PM |#9  
Flag Parrish

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachWho

I have have the P769 with JB V20f. I keeping getting the the notification for the V20h update. I hit reboot & install. It shuts down then goes to the Android screen with the red triangle. I'm not sure what mode this is (I'm new to Jelly Bean and phone that does OTA updates) then reboots. I go to check Software version & it shows P76920f is still installed. What gives?

I have a P769 V20f rooted using LGPwn, have Superuser & Voodoo OTA RootKeeper V2.0.3

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

If you've modified system apps OR removed system content (bloatware) it won't allow you to update because you're missing "required" files. And by that I mean, they're upset that you removed their "important" and "exclusive" content, so they refuse you the update. Don't worry, the update it useless for most users. (:
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilxaot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ilxaot Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 06:14 PM |#10  
Flag Des Moines Iowa
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot

If you've modified system apps OR removed system content (bloatware) it won't allow you to update because you're missing "required" files. And by that I mean, they're upset that you removed their "important" and "exclusive" content, so they refuse you the update. Don't worry, the update it useless for most users. (:

The thing is I don't get 2G, 3G or 4G at work where I really think I probably would. I would like to think this "update" would help.

I didn't go bloatware removal crazy on this thing (like I wanted to). I made a backup of Amazon then uninstalled it using Titanium Backup. That is the only thing from the rom I removed. If I restored it, I wonder if it would work. I'll try restoring it then post back.

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Quote:

The thing is I don't get 2G, 3G or 4G at work where I really think I probably would. I would like to think this "update" would help.

I didn't go bloatware removal crazy on this thing (like I wanted to). I made a backup of Amazon then uninstalled it using Titanium Backup. That is the only thing from the rom I removed. If I restored it, I wonder if it would work. I'll try restoring it then post back.

You are right! I restored Amazon and the update installed! Root was restored successfully using VooDoo RootKeeper.
Now to find out if reception is any better.. I guess bloatware will in one way or another haunt me forever. Not going to buy a branded phone again! Now if only I could move apps to SD &/or have T-Mobile's WiFi calling on CyanogenMod.
21st September 2013, 06:32 PM |#11  
Flag Parrish

More
Quote:

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

You are right! I restored Amazon and the update installed!
Now to find out if reception is any better.. I guess bloatware will in one way or another haunt me forever. Not going to buy a branded phone again! Now if only I could move apps to SD &/or have T-Mobile's WiFi calling on CyanogenMod.

You're welcome :3 And I only buy branded because they're cheaper. Since I'm a minor (16) I don't exactly have money to spend on an Oppo Find 5 or anything aha. So I have to buy what mother sees fit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)