FORUMS

Root Access Possibly Lost Fix Root?

139 posts
Thanks Meter: 39

By Jewveeski, Senior Member on 10th September 2013, 03:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have my N7 on bone stock, rooted with superSU 1.60 installed. I flashed the .zip made by Chainfire, and no matter the recovery CWM non-touch , CWM, or TWRP after making a backup , I hit reboot system, and I get this message every time.

Root Access Possibly Lost Fix?
THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE

1. YES fix root (/system/xbin/su)

2. NO do not fix

I've selecting option 1 multiple times and I still get the same message after a backup ,and before rebooting!! Root access works fine on all my apps and everything else I'm just curious as to why I'm seeing this via any recovery thanks. I'm sure its silly and an easy fix.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewveeski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jewveeski Ad-Free
10th September 2013, 04:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7,236

More
Try v1.55

http://download.chainfire.eu/346/Sup...erSU-v1.55.zip
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sfhub Ad-Free
10th September 2013, 05:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag PJS

More
Disabled auto-update SuperSU in the playstore , flashed v1.55 ,and problem solved . Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jewveeski For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jewveeski Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 09:55 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag PJS

More
I tried the latest version today, and It seems as though the problem still exists in SuperSU v1.65. I just flashed back to v1.55

2nd October 2013, 12:03 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewveeski

Disabled auto-update SuperSU in the playstore , flashed v1.55 ,and problem solved . Thank You!

I've done this, i disable auto-update, flashed the v1.55 in CWM and rebooted. Now i cant use SuperSU anymore? tells me i have to update binaries. And i know that if i do the "root access possbibly lost" error comes again? any solutions?
2nd October 2013, 02:09 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag PJS

More
In settings there is an option for reinstall as seen in the pic below click that then reboot your device , then reboot to recovery flash version v1.55 and make sure you still have the auto update feature in the play store unchecked. See if that works.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1380719118374.jpg
Views:	8104
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2297093  
12th November 2013, 05:45 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Same issue on a Galaxy Nexus running 4.3 stock rooted... SU requires an update and then the recovery thinks root has been lost (this is not actually the case)... any ideas?
13th November 2013, 02:05 AM |#8  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 10

More
lost root and twrp
so i first discovered i lost root when it said no binary found then when i was going into twrp to reflash the zip all i get is a dead android on its back with a red triangle hovering over it. Went back into adb and flash recovery twrp.img and it says successful but i still get the same thing. any one know the correct thread to point me to? ive looked but cant find this problem. my device boots fine and i can get to the boot loader just not recovery.
17th November 2013, 05:39 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 333

More
Same thing happens with my Nexus 4, I always hit No because it says root may have been lost even if I just enter CWM without flashing any rom or doing any action but rebooting to system
27th November 2013, 06:22 PM |#10  
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewveeski

I tried the latest version today, and It seems as though the problem still exists in SuperSU v1.65. I just flashed back to v1.55

Same message on my SGS4 with stock Android 4.3 and SuperSU v1.80.
The Following User Says Thank You to alaugt2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alaugt2011 Ad-Free
7th December 2013, 06:52 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same message with my GT-i9300, CWM 6.0.4.4 Touch (i've tried also with CWM 6.0.4.3 NO Touch) and SuperSU v.1.80
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)