FORUMS

[APP] Modded Ziggo TV [Dutch]

294 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,688

By PsychoGame, Senior Member on 11th September 2013, 09:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,

I've modded the Ziggo TV app to disable the root checker.
There have been some workarounds such as hiding root in the SuperSU app etc., only this doesn't work with custom firmware like the newest CM10.1 and 10.2.
By disabling the root checker in this APK it's now possible to use it on all modified firmware.
This way everybody who is using a custom rom is now able to watch Ziggo TV when they have a Ziggo tv/internet abbonnement.
The file version is 3.11 so it's the latest available update from Ziggo.
At the moment I've tested it at a GT-I9001 phone, but i'm pretty sure it will work for other phones as well.
My advice for those people is just test it and report back please.
If problems occur I'll try tot fix those for you. Also when screenshots are wanted i'll be happy to post them for you.
The download link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqsc14m3uv...Ziggo%20TV.apk

If somebody is interested in the steps I took to modify the app, just let me know and I'll make a tutorial.

Greetings PsychoGame
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to PsychoGame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PsychoGame Ad-Free
13th September 2013, 05:23 PM |#2  
Flag amstelveen
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Works perfect on Slimrom and CM10.2! great job
2nd October 2013, 09:48 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoGame

Hello everyone,

There have been some workarounds such as hiding root in the SuperSU app etc., only this doesn't work with custom firmware like the newest CM10.1 and 10.2.
By disabling the root checker in this APK it's now possible to use it on all modified firmware.
This way everybody who is using a custom rom is now able to watch Ziggo TV when they have a Ziggo tv/internet abbonnement.
At the moment I've tested it at a GT-I9001 phone, but i'm pretty sure it will work for other phones as well.
If problems occur I'll try tot fix those for you. Also when screenshots are wanted i'll be happy to post them for you.
The download link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aqsc14m3uv...Ziggo%20TV.apk

If somebody is interested in the steps I took to modify the app, just let me know and I'll make a tutorial.

Greetings PsychoGame

thanks pall, any way to disable the ziggo network restriction? so that it can be used on 3g or ziggo hotspot?

tested on: note 2 n7100 and note 10.1 n8000, both working great
12th October 2013, 09:37 AM |#4  
Flag Somewhere in Holland.
Thanks Meter: 47

More
thnx for this great modified ziggo app
17th October 2013, 09:48 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Koudum
Thanks Meter: 1,688

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy944

thanks pall, any way to disable the ziggo network restriction? so that it can be used on 3g or ziggo hotspot?

tested on: note 2 n7100 and note 10.1 n8000, both working great

I can always look into this, but I can't promise anything.
At the moment I don't know how the app verifies this, if the check is server side it will be difficult to get around.

Greetings PsychoGame
The Following User Says Thank You to PsychoGame For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PsychoGame Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 09:55 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Using it on HTC One, HTC One X and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7510).

All working perfectly. Thanks!
30th October 2013, 09:23 PM |#7  
Flag Roermond
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame

Muchos Gracias
4th November 2013, 11:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The original app does not work on the Galaxy Mega. It gives the message that the rom is not original or rooted, while it is not.
I was hoping this modded version was a solution. Unfortunately not.
Any chance we can get this working on a Galaxy Mega?

How did you mod this apk? I decompiled it but have no clue where to look....
5th November 2013, 06:20 PM |#9  

More
Trying the app on Sony NSZ-GS7
I'm trying to start the app on a Google TV, the Sony NSZ-GS7.

The error that I get is in Dutch:
"
Helaas!

De app Ziggo TV (proces nl.ziggo.android.tv) is onverwachts gestopt.
Probeer het opnieuw.
"

(the app stopped unexpectedly)

Does someone know what I can do to make it work?

Thank you very much!
13th November 2013, 02:50 PM |#10  

More
Quote:

Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame

Hello,
I would love to know how you modified the app so i can update it to the newest version.

Thanks,
~Psybi
23rd November 2013, 02:00 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Hello everyone,

Greetings PsychoGame

Thanks,

This didn't work for my MStar GoogleTV based projector. Tried the rooted and unrooted firmware of the system, both failed to play live TV.
Expected this one to work, but it failed as well. Are there any other checks that could be removed? (Just remove ALL checks)

I would like more info on how to modify any updates myself.

Thanks,

Allegro16
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hacked, modded, root, ziggo, ziggo tv

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)