FORUMS

[Rom][MF9] AntigeN by VeNuM/Test Rom Added [09-25-2013]

3,548 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,045

By VECTUS, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 11th September 2013, 11:34 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Announcement from VeNuM: AntigeN by VeNuM. Fast, Smooth, Efficient. The way a phone should work. My own personal Rom
*** Disclamer

By using this rom you hereby void your warranty and may brick your phone. You may also win the lottery and become president. Fat chance on the last 3 but you have been warned.

Introduction
Code:
AntigeN by VeNuM. Fast, Smooth, Efficient. The way a phone should work. My own personal Rom. This IS NOT designed to save you on battery life and make it through the day. And it won't...

Banner by AnAm85

Images

Features:

Code:
This for the Sprint S4. It will not work on other carriers.
Ktoonsez 08-25-2013 TW 4.2 Kernel
Ktweaker
A Plethora of TW Apps removed (if you want the apps download the MF9 stock rom and pull them from System/Apps a push them to your phone. I don't use all of the TW stuff so I deleted them, This includes the silly Accuweather Widget and App. Transparent Weather Clock is much better if you want the S4 look...)
Almost all Google Apps removed (You will just download what you want anyway... Why have them in the rom??)
Added: Compass, Focal by CyanogenMod, FlashlightNew Superuser and GMS Core. Latest Youtube. Latest Voicemail.
My own AntigeN Theme (It may not be apparent but MUCH of this rom is themed. BTW if the playstore updates you will lose it's icon I put in there...)
Based on Stock MF9 supplied by crawj
4x5 4x6 3x4 Launcher by fgr themed by me
My own wallpapers
My own new Ringtones, Alarms and Notifications
Data Apps inabled with apps in it
No volume warning mod by crawj
Init.d Support
Battery Calibration Tweak
Zipaligns on boot
slaid480 zipalign data every 48 hours
SD Card Boost
Bootanimation support
Sound boost
Disable Input Noti by Unknownforce
Touch screen Tweaks
4 in 1 reboot
Internet Tweaks
Hotspot mod by Crawj
Internet Tweaks
Signal Tweaks
Much Much More.

Installation instructions:
Code:
Please Note. I use TWRP. I do not support any other recovery's (because I don't use them therefore I don't know anything about other recoveries)
* Download the rom
* Boot into recovery (Holding down the Power button for 30 seconds will suffice. This is like a battery pull in case you didn't know. Also hold the volume up and power button reboot begins. Once you see the S4 screen and small blue letters at the top left, let go of the buttons and recovery will boot)
* Go to wipe and do a factory wipe (which is: Data, Cache and Dalvik) or flash THIS (to install click on install instead and install the wipe zip)
* Go to install
* Go to where you saved the rom on your phone
* Install it. Wait it will install and go to a reboot menu
* Reboot. The initial boot takes approximately 3 minutes. If it goes past 5 min reinstall or redownload and install. MAKE SURE to check the md5 folks...
* Enjoy

Changelog
Code:
09-11-2013 v1 - Initial release

Old Changelogs
Code:
None

Downloads

Code:
Version: v1

size: 1GB

md5: 3e68d918eb88df2bcef5bc1ca9bfc8bf

LINK

Alternate LINK (not ready yet)

Addons/Themes/User Art
Code:
Nothing yet. If anyone makes themes for this or does add-ons I will gladly post them here...

Problems/Issues
Code:
VVM. It doesn't work... Sorry about that. But here's the fix...

Step 1, download the VVM apk from HERE and store it on the memory of your phone or sd card.
Step2, Delete the VVM in system/apps on the root of your phone (it shows as VVM.apk and you will need a File Explorer with root access such as Root Explorer).
Step 3, Under Settings/Security on your phone make sure to check Unknown sources.
Step 4, Using the File Explorer go where you stored the VVM (com.coremobility.app.vnotes-1.apk) and install it.
Thats it. It looks harder than it is. You will now receive several texts saying your VVM is working. Just disregard them...

FAQ:
Code:
DO'S
A: Head over to Ktoonsez thread and use his settings for ktweaker (Note his min of 189 will slow the wake time... use 384..)
A: Overclock! (I find 2052 works with no reboots... just sayin...)
A: Use the developers options (go into settings, More, About device and tap on Build Number repeatdly to inable). SECRET: turn off Windows animation scale, Transition animation scale and Animator duration scale to see this ROM fly!!

Don'ts
A: Ask for updates
A: Ask to theme something HELLO I themed it already... Duh
A: Ask for TW apps. You can find them and install theme
A: Don't bust me out for kanging you. PM ME FIRST. I have several gigs of Roms on my PC. I honestly have know idea where most of my coding comes from if I didn't actually fo it...

Thanks To/Credits
Code:
*AnAm85
* crawj
* Ktoonsez
* Oppo
* Samsung
* Unkwonforce
* CyanogenMod
* fgr
* Donators

NEW TESTER 09-25-2013
HERE

GPL Compliance:
Code:
Here and Here

XDA:DevDB Information
AntigeN by VeNuM, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S 4

Contributors
VeNuM,
ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
ROM Firmware Required: MF9
Based On: Touch Wiz

Version Information
Current Stable Version: v1
Stable Release Date: 2013-09-11

Created 2013-09-11
Last Updated 2013-09-25
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VECTUS Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 01:15 AM |#2  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Finally!!!

I am so excited to see you show some love for the S4. I love your work and had been running your rom since HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE and now S4. I am so happy to see you here.
The Following User Says Thank You to 11secEVO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 11secEVO Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 01:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1,893

More
And we're open for business! Can't wait to try this.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to mjs2011 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjs2011 Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 01:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Awesome job! Can't wait to try out this ROM. Will be flashing as soon as that download is done lol
The Following User Says Thank You to xchampx13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xchampx13 Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 01:21 AM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Kansas City, Mo.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11secEVO

Finally!!!

I am so excited to see you show some love for the S4. I love your work and had been running your rom since HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE and now S4. I am so happy to see you here.

Well thank you... I hope you like this!
The Following User Says Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VECTUS Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 01:32 AM |#6  
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 3,109

More
Great to see you on board Venum! This has made my day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daniel4653 Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 01:39 AM |#7  
Flag Kansas City, Mo.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Great to see you on board Venum! This has made my day

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Well thanks Daniel! Good to see you here!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VECTUS Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:06 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Rom is working awesome so far. Really like the boot animation as well Awesome job and thanks again
The Following User Says Thank You to xchampx13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xchampx13 Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:13 AM |#9  
Flag Kansas City, Mo.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xchampx13

Rom is working awesome so far. Really like the boot animation as well Awesome job and thanks again

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VECTUS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift VECTUS Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:14 AM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Charleston, WV
Thanks Meter: 22,341

Donate to Me
More
Good to see you dropping some awesomeness bro. Looks amazing as always.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dazednconfused For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dazednconfused Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 02:17 AM |#11  
Flag Kansas City, Mo.

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazednconfused

Good to see you dropping some awesomeness bro. Looks amazing as always.

Oh hell, Dazed is in a Sammy thread! Woot! Thanks man!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
antigen, team venum, venum
Previous Thread Next Thread