FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Script][Tool] how to create a tar.md5 file from img For Odin

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 249
 
By mkh.mourad, Member on 16th September 2013, 02:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
for how want to use Odin to flash the ClockWorkMod Recovery img or any image files like "boot.img", this is a tool to create a tar.md5 file from the img file.
unzip the file tool, and put your img files into the same directory of the batch file.
if you have more than one file put each file in a separate folder.
launch the "ImgToTar.MD5.bat" to create files with the extension of tar.md5 for each img file.
Note: the script rename the each file starting by "recovery*.img" to "recovery.img" , and files named "boot*.img" or "kernel*.img" image to "boot.img". if your file has another name , don't forgot to rename a recovery image to recovery.img, and the boot image to boot.img.

hope that help some body how search a batch file to create tar.md5 file for using it in Odin.

******************** new version of the script:
in this new version you can combine multiple files ,img and bin files, all of them into one file tar.md5 bundle.
a "AllFiles" directory is created including this result pack file ready to use in new Odin version v3.10.7.
The Following 227 Users Say Thank You to mkh.mourad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkh.mourad Ad-Free
 
 
16th September 2013, 03:41 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Thank you this worked fine on my 9505.
17th September 2013, 03:02 PM |#3  
SeaFargo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
It creates a recovery.tar.md5 with 0 bytes on my Windows XP..

Any suggestion?
18th September 2013, 12:23 AM |#4  
mkh.mourad's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaFargo

It creates a recovery.tar.md5 with 0 bytes on my Windows XP..

Any suggestion?

i can't see what the problem on your system, the tool is very simple. send me a zip of your folder with all files, also the recovery image file, and the tar.md5 file 0b.
19th September 2013, 01:43 PM |#5  
SeaFargo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Thumbs up Solved!
I find out that Odin is perfectly able to flash a TAR file, even without md5 hash check.
So I've used the Official TAR for Windows and that's it. By the way, 7z tar are not compatible.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeaFargo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SeaFargo Ad-Free
19th September 2013, 02:50 PM |#6  
mkh.mourad's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Yes odin accept tar file. The md5 sum is a check for the integrity of data on the file. It's more safe to use a tar.md5 instead of tar file.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk 4
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mkh.mourad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkh.mourad Ad-Free
24th September 2013, 07:23 PM |#7  
Kriomag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh.mourad

Yes odin accept tar file. The md5 sum is a check for the integrity of data on the file. It's more safe to use a tar.md5 instead of tar file.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk 4

how to make odin flash tar without md5 hash?
24th September 2013, 07:56 PM |#8  
mkh.mourad's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
The same ,you chose the tar file instead of the tar.md5. Odin accepte both extentions in the PDA editbox.
24th September 2013, 08:21 PM |#9  
Kriomag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh.mourad

The same ,you chose the tar file instead of the tar.md5. Odin accepte both extentions in the PDA editbox.

but without md5 hash odin refuses to flash for safety reasons. its obvious that tar and md5 are just extensions... i meant how to force odin to flash ordinary tar without md5 hash in it.
24th September 2013, 09:31 PM |#10  
mkh.mourad's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 249
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriomag

but without md5 hash odin refuses to flash for safety reasons. its obvious that tar and md5 are just extensions... i meant how to force odin to flash ordinary tar without md5 hash in it.

odin accept all this extention PDA files:
*.tar, *.md5, *.smd, *.gz and *.tgz
but only *.md5 file has a hash to check data integrity.
a formatted MD5 checksum line is add at the end of the tar file to produce a file tar.md5
for exemple at the end of a tar file named "recovery.tar" we will find a line like this:
"53a1ee899d6f7b4b39c189739eee6294 recovery.tar"
The Following User Says Thank You to mkh.mourad For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mkh.mourad Ad-Free
24th September 2013, 09:46 PM |#11  
Kriomag's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wrocław
Thanks Meter: 109
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh.mourad

odin accept all this extention PDA files:
*.tar, *.md5, *.smd, *.gz and *.tgz
but only *.md5 file has a hash to check data integrity.
a formatted MD5 checksum line is add at the end of the tar file to produce a file tar.md5
for exemple at the end of a tar file named "recovery.tar" we will find a line like this:
"53a1ee899d6f7b4b39c189739eee6294 recovery.tar"

when md5 checksum is does not match tar odin refuses to flash, but if there is no md5 at all it should work? i havent tried that lol

i will test it shortly... brb

i think it works, odin accepted kernel tar i used: "tar -H ustar -c boot.img > kernel.tar"
The Following User Says Thank You to Kriomag For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kriomag Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes