FORUMS

HTC one won't turn on, No LED, no flashing Home/Back button

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By terrypro, Junior Member on 16th September 2013, 04:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I upgraded to an HTC One a month ago in T-Mobile and now randomly the phone won't turn on. The phone is rooted, unlocked, custom recovery, and has the Android Revolution ROM. I installed everything the first week I got it and it has been working perfectly fine (No freezes, battery discharging has a good rate) and everything works (Wifi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth). The phone has not been dropped, water damaged, or exposed to any excessive heat, so it should not be having problems.

Yesterday (9/14/13), I was using the phone just fine around 8PM with my friends in a restaurant and everything seemed fine. A few hours later when I was walking down the street, I take my phone out of my pocket and when I hit the power to wake up the phone nothing happened. I pressed the power button for 10-20 seconds and nothing.

When I got back to my room and plugged it in, the LED did not turn on or anything and when I pressed the power button again after being plugged in, nothing happened. I charged it all night and decided to work with it today, but nothing has helped. I have tried holding the power button and volume keys for minutes, holding power button and nothing. When I plug in the phone to the PC it detects it (Windows USB sound in) and when I press the power button for around 15 seconds it makes the sounds but then it makes the removed usb sound.
Since the phone is Rooted, unlocked and has custom recovery and rom, I'm not sure warranty would help, ALTHOUGH since it doesn't turn on and physically is not tampered with, they could get it to at least turn on.

Please help me out here as I am a college student and really need my phone for work and to stay in touch with my parents. Thank you, and I apologize if I didn't follow a posting guideline.

P.S. One of the causes could be a drained battery, but the charging all night should have helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to terrypro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift terrypro Ad-Free
16th September 2013, 04:26 AM |#2  
dgtiii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seneca, IL
Thanks Meter: 406
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypro

I upgraded to an HTC One a month ago in T-Mobile and now randomly the phone won't turn on. The phone is rooted, unlocked, custom recovery, and has the Android Revolution ROM. I installed everything the first week I got it and it has been working perfectly fine (No freezes, battery discharging has a good rate) and everything works (Wifi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth). The phone has not been dropped, water damaged, or exposed to any excessive heat, so it should not be having problems.

Yesterday (9/14/13), I was using the phone just fine around 8PM with my friends in a restaurant and everything seemed fine. A few hours later when I was walking down the street, I take my phone out of my pocket and when I hit the power to wake up the phone nothing happened. I pressed the power button for 10-20 seconds and nothing.

When I got back to my room and plugged it in, the LED did not turn on or anything and when I pressed the power button again after being plugged in, nothing happened. I charged it all night and decided to work with it today, but nothing has helped. I have tried holding the power button and volume keys for minutes, holding power button and nothing. When I plug in the phone to the PC it detects it (Windows USB sound in) and when I press the power button for around 15 seconds it makes the sounds but then it makes the removed usb sound.
Since the phone is Rooted, unlocked and has custom recovery and rom, I'm not sure warranty would help, ALTHOUGH since it doesn't turn on and physically is not tampered with, they could get it to at least turn on.

Please help me out here as I am a college student and really need my phone for work and to stay in touch with my parents. Thank you, and I apologize if I didn't follow a posting guideline.

P.S. One of the causes could be a drained battery, but the charging all night should have helped.

Try holding the power button and volume down buttons down, while holding the proximity sensor directly under a very bright light...
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dgtiii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dgtiii Ad-Free
16th September 2013, 06:57 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
This actually happened to me on my first HTC one I couldn't get it to do anything I ended up sending it to HTC I knew they would deny my warranty claim because of the bootloader and ROM but I knew they would have to turn it on yo figure it out. They called me to tell me that it was not covered and said it would cost 215 to put it back to regular I denied and paid the $35 diagnostic fee when I got it back I booted straight into fastboot and flashed my backup.problem solved

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

I figured it happened because I was s-on and had the stock Cid and flashed the GE ROM

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to offwiththeface For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift offwiththeface Ad-Free
16th September 2013, 08:16 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by offwiththeface

This actually happened to me on my first HTC one I couldn't get it to do anything I ended up sending it to HTC I knew they would deny my warranty claim because of the bootloader and ROM but I knew they would have to turn it on yo figure it out. They called me to tell me that it was not covered and said it would cost 215 to put it back to regular I denied and paid the $35 diagnostic fee when I got it back I booted straight into fastboot and flashed my backup.problem solved

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

I figured it happened because I was s-on and had the stock Cid and flashed the GE ROM

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

This actually sounds like a great, thanks , but before sending it out I think I would like to try other solutions since it would suck to not have my phone for 2-3 weeks. Also, how long did the whole process take for you? (Sending it out, "repair", and getting it back)
16th September 2013, 08:37 AM |#5  
Reilly9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Armagh
Thanks Meter: 20
 
Donate to Me
More
This happens to a guy in another thread. He fixed it by leaving it in the wall charge until the red LED turned on, it took 4 days on the charge.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reilly9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Reilly9 Ad-Free
16th September 2013, 10:23 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
Hey it actually only took about 1week take it back to your carrier have them send it for you. I also heard about leaving it on the charger for a long time I tried over night and it didn't work the next thing I did was send it to "repair" but if you have the patience leave it on change for a few days first

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
18th September 2013, 02:14 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtiii

Try holding the power button and volume down buttons down, while holding the proximity sensor directly under a very bright light...

I also had this issue with Never Rooted HTC One.. To my surprise, shining a bright light at the sensor while powering on did actually work!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xJuicex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xJuicex Ad-Free
26th October 2013, 08:34 PM |#8  
ryan00793's Avatar
Member
Flag Riverside California
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuicex

I also had this issue with Never Rooted HTC One.. To my surprise, shining a bright light at the sensor while powering on did actually work!

I thought i was going to fall for a troll with this but wow it actually does work... I don't even know what to say right now... other then thanks dgtiii and xJuicex

EDIT oh and why does this work?
The Following User Says Thank You to ryan00793 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryan00793 Ad-Free
10th November 2013, 08:07 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgtiii

Try holding the power button and volume down buttons down, while holding the proximity sensor directly under a very bright light...

I have a Verizon HTC One exhibiting the exact same symptoms. The battery went dead after a long day and it will not turn on or charge. I have held the proximity sensor in bright light while powering on and while holding both vol up and power. Neither seemed to change the problem. How bright of a light are we talking? Thanks in advance. I am also curious why this works....
26th November 2013, 07:36 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Post Maby i can help^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypro

I upgraded to an HTC One a month ago in T-Mobile and now randomly the phone won't turn on. The phone is rooted, unlocked, custom recovery, and has the Android Revolution ROM. I installed everything the first week I got it and it has been working perfectly fine (No freezes, battery discharging has a good rate) and everything works (Wifi, 4G LTE, Bluetooth). The phone has not been dropped, water damaged, or exposed to any excessive heat, so it should not be having problems.

Yesterday (9/14/13), I was using the phone just fine around 8PM with my friends in a restaurant and everything seemed fine. A few hours later when I was walking down the street, I take my phone out of my pocket and when I hit the power to wake up the phone nothing happened. I pressed the power button for 10-20 seconds and nothing.

When I got back to my room and plugged it in, the LED did not turn on or anything and when I pressed the power button again after being plugged in, nothing happened. I charged it all night and decided to work with it today, but nothing has helped. I have tried holding the power button and volume keys for minutes, holding power button and nothing. When I plug in the phone to the PC it detects it (Windows USB sound in) and when I press the power button for around 15 seconds it makes the sounds but then it makes the removed usb sound.
Since the phone is Rooted, unlocked and has custom recovery and rom, I'm not sure warranty would help, ALTHOUGH since it doesn't turn on and physically is not tampered with, they could get it to at least turn on.

Please help me out here as I am a college student and really need my phone for work and to stay in touch with my parents. Thank you, and I apologize if I didn't follow a posting guideline.

P.S. One of the causes could be a drained battery, but the charging all night should have helped.

I lost my phone in the water today and it worked well until i got home! then my htc one started to blink the back and home button, then it just turned off by it self! i tryed very thing!! holding the power button, power button and vol down, directt light to the proximity sensor and power button and vol down but it didnt work....
Then i tryed to connect it to my computer and pressed the power button, the mobile turned on but it failed a cupple of times!! tryed a cupple of times and then suddently everything worked fine!!! ( done **** up the power button, i pressed it so hard and many times i have to press hard to turn the phone on and of-.-) anywayes TRY CONNECTING TO COMPUTER!!
Other small thing i did - took the sim card out and in again..... Thanks for reading.! sry for the bad english^^

this is a **** painfull thing since i got my phone just jet! and i got alot off stuff in it, so i hope it helped!!
The Following User Says Thank You to deruniboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deruniboy Ad-Free
9th December 2013, 06:12 PM |#11  
mcca555's Avatar
Member
Bay Area, Cali
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuicex

I also had this issue with Never Rooted HTC One.. To my surprise, shining a bright light at the sensor while powering on did actually work!

Another +1 for bright light power button + vol down

Unrooted HTC one on ATT
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bricked, htc one, won't turn on

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes