[TUTORIAL] ROOTING!!! Huawei Ascend P1 U9200 (B315 EmotionUI 1.5 JB v4.1.1)

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

Post Reply Email Thread
Rooting Ascend P1 U9200 B315 EUI1.5 JB v4.1.1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone wanting to root there Ascend P1 U9200 phone after the new firmware update, here are the files, and info you need, to do so...

First off, plug UR phone in switch it on and let Windows search for the driver, Then click "Let me choose..." or "browse for it..." or similar. Then select "Let me choose which driver to install", then click "list of drivers" or similar, Then click the one near the top that has adb or similar in the title, it don't matter if you choose the wrong one, it just means it wont connect and you'll have to redo this part again and pick a different driver.

Remember!! You MUST run these commands as Administrator.

1. Download the files below, extract them to a folder, preferably one without any spaces in the path, i.e.. C:\U9200Root\ should do perfect.

3. Right Click the "Click-To-Root-U9200.bat" file and under compatibility options click run as administrator or the like.

4. Run (Double Click) the Click-To-Root-U9200.bat (As Administrator!) (or right-click then, "run as administrator...")

4. Reboot your fone and click yes on your fone to install SuperUser.

that's it, your rooted

for those wanting to do the commands there self...

1. Download & extract the files to C:\U9200Root\
2. In the CLI type: "C:\U9200Root\adb reboot bootloader"
3. Then "boot TWRP.img"
4. Then Restart your fone and choose yes to install SuperUser

PS if you've not got much space left in your system partition you may have to delete something from /system/app/ to make space for the SuperUser files.
REMEMBER the space reported on your fone by android is the space on your data partition/memory & sd card and not the system partition!
You can check how much system data etc space you have left from terminal if u have it installed, or on the TWRP recovery which you will have just installed.To do this, Reboot the fone holding the Vol. Up Button, click on advanced then terminal then type "df -h" without quotes if system partition is less than say 10-20mb free then delete maybe, uneeded languages?, chrome.apk?, GSM_Maps.apk? or the like, then reinstall them to the /data/app part later. Since many of these apks get updated and the old ones left undeleted in /system/app/ anyways, I always move the system apks updates from /data/app to /system/app/, makes things a lot tidier and saves a lot of space both in /data/app and /system by not having two of every apk file youve ever updated just remember to copy the libs to /system/lib(s)
Anyways hope I helped someone with this...

cheers John -G-

PS Please Click on Thanks to Thank me as i have 0 in my Thanks Meter lol

PS I moved this to here as it was added to the end of an old un-related topic sooo.... John -G-

ask me any questions you have, do you like my multi color dos txt in my bat file (Coders will get it,its unusual and very hard to do with many colors )

sorry for been so long but i never knew no one would move it or stick it ???? and i was in jail for a while there so,,,

...Good Luck Rooting/Moding!!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sonnettie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sonnettie Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 08:40 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
shall stonri
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnettie

the drivers------->>>>

Where can I find blaze driver?
22nd September 2013, 10:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Wink
Hi

After adb reboot bootloader you can also install CWM with fastboot :

fastboot flash recovery clockworkmod.XXXX.img

With CWM you can backup your phone (always a good idea )

After rebooted in CWM install SU with any zip file (ex : SU___Busybox_1.20.2_Flashable.zip )
22nd September 2013, 11:42 AM |#6  
Flag Stuttgart

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixpb

Hi

After adb reboot bootloader you can also install CWM with fastboot :

fastboot flash recovery clockworkmod.XXXX.img

With CWM you can backup your phone (always a good idea )

After rebooted in CWM install SU with any zip file (ex : SU___Busybox_1.20.2_Flashable.zip )

Worked like a charm.
22nd September 2013, 12:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
It's what i did with my phone, ans cwm saved me a couple of times

Envoyé depuis mon U9200 avec Tapatalk 4
26th September 2013, 10:24 PM |#8  

More
How to remove TWRP...? I want to update U9200-EM-UMTS-V100R00G411D00B336....thanx in advance.
2nd October 2013, 06:32 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs down Stuck
My U9200 is just stuck on the HUAWEI logo when you boot it...
And the cmd application just keeps saying < waiting for device >

Any help is appreciated...
6th October 2013, 04:21 PM |#10  
Flag Venezia
Thanks Meter: 6

More
with B336 this method doesn't work.

EDIT:
The problem is not in TWRP or CWM; the problem is that there is not enough space in folder /system/app.
From TWRP I went to "Advanced" and then "file manager"; here from the /system/app I deleted all the languages ​​other than Italian-pack (my language), chrome.apk and gsm-map.apk. Then I flashed SU_flashable and after boot-up SU was finally installed.
It seems that the difficulty of obtaining root permissions in all stock roms from b105 onwards is precisely linked to the lack of space in the / system / app.
I hope to be helpful to those who find themselves with the same problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to drM_House For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drM_House Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ascend-p1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)