FORUMS

My "HOW TO" Big Storage, Splash, Error 120 & S

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ampda, Senior Member on 1st October 2005, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all, and thanks for the great website.

I have spent hour's & hour's reading on the how to of Big Storage (and other things) and now it’s my turn to offer you my way of doing these wonderful modifications..

I have updated my document to reflect the changes I make to my Magician. The document describes my "How To" in modifying the following items;

Big Storage
Customize your Boot Screen
Fix the "Error 120" country error when changing ROM's
Fixing the "Speckles" in photos taken with the built in camera

Please let me know if you find anything in the document that is wrong, needs improving or what ever you feel relevant.

UPDATE

I have put together all of the CAB files I have made/modified in the one plus for easy reference which can be found here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=33305

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ampda_how_to_ppc_upgrades_v1_159.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (563.7 KB, 9063 views)
4th October 2005, 07:53 AM |#2  

More
Thx very much
You made my day ! Until now, I thought I had created a paperweight with my magician by trying in vain to make BigStorage.
Followed now exactly your tutorial and, Oh wonder ! I have BigStorage !
Cheers
hrb
4th October 2005, 10:14 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
I'm glad it helped.
4th October 2005, 05:53 PM |#4  

More
Great step by step
This business of using 128mb SD card for the rom backup is it a problem to use a 256mb or 512mb card or must it be 128mb?
4th October 2005, 05:54 PM |#5  

More
Great step by step
This business of using 128mb SD card for the rom backup is it a problem to use a 256mb or 512mb card or must it be 128mb?
4th October 2005, 07:59 PM |#6  
Retired Moderator
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmymac

Great step by step

Could be any supported SD-Card greater than 64MB .....

Stefan
6th October 2005, 04:47 PM |#7  

More
amda..very nice...its very detailed...good work..

one thing which u could add to ur 'how to', is some advice given from
marcdbl, its about downloading the NEW ROM onto the Magician, to make sure to get the power press message....thanks to marcdbl for that because i was strugging to get the sd to work

1. Press the camera button, power button and reset button simultaneously to get into boot loader as usual, so that 'Serial' is displayed on the screen.

2. Insert SD card.

3. Again, press the camera button, power button and reset button simultaneously to get into boot loader, so that 'Serial' is displayed on the screen.

4. At this point you should get the Upgrade prompt.
6th October 2005, 09:50 PM |#8  
Capital Ankara

More
good job +1
7th October 2005, 01:49 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
shouldn't someone just do the hack and upload it for those who got no SD card reader ops:
7th October 2005, 06:48 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sider

shouldn't someone just do the hack and upload it for those who got no SD card reader ops:

Thats been done and I have tested the theory find it here http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=29500

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabane77

amda..very nice...its very detailed...good work..

one thing which u could add to ur 'how to', is some advice given from
marcdbl, its about downloading the NEW ROM onto the Magician, to make sure to get the power press message....thanks to marcdbl for that because i was strugging to get the sd to work

1. Press the camera button, power button and reset button simultaneously to get into boot loader as usual, so that 'Serial' is displayed on the screen.

2. Insert SD card.

3. Again, press the camera button, power button and reset button simultaneously to get into boot loader, so that 'Serial' is displayed on the screen.

4. At this point you should get the Upgrade prompt.

Not a bad idea, I have had problems with the power button thing. I'll add it if it works. I'm upgrading my wifes Magician tonight so I'll give it a go. Thanks
7th October 2005, 10:04 AM |#11  

More
i did it WITHOUT the sd card reader as well...works a charm
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)