Remove All Ads from XDA

[12.03.2014] Yet another CM10.2

216 posts
Thanks Meter: 572

By czechop, Senior Member on 20th September 2013, 01:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CM10.2 for Milestone2

[Downloads][Gapps]

It's based on defy(made by Quarx) version.

Changelog:

• 12.03.2014 - CM code synced. This is most likely the final CM10.2 build.
  • 18.12.2013 - CM code synced
  • 21.11.2013 - CM code synced
  • 07.11.2013 - reverted wpa supplicant(fixes wifi tethering, wifi network list do not refresh again); torch tile added to quick settings; CM code synced
  • 31.10.2013 - wpa supplicant updated(fixes wifi list updates); more kernel tweaks; TWRP updated; keyboard file names aligned(sholes-qwerty.kcm->sholes->keypad.kcm); CM code synced; new gapps available
  • 23.10.2013 - Fixed baseband switching; no other changes, so don't update if you do not have problems with carrier signal
  • 21.10.2013 - Interactive and ondemand CPU governors tweaked(Blachd0se) - this should fix battery drain in the latest build; polish keychars updated(thanks to Rabinhood; see NOTES); CM code synced
  • 17.10.2013 - 720p recording enabled; CM code synced(Long Term Orbits(LTO) added)
  • 10.10.2013 - Fixed(hope that this time for good) camera orientation when using custom camera apps(e.g. igcamera).
  • 09.10.2013 - Reverted camera orientation changes(colors should be ok right now, but igcamera orientation is again incorrect-need some more time to figure this out); data transfer statistics(download/upload arrows on the wifi icon) fixed(Quarx/Blachd0se); CM code synced(resolved Settings->Buttons crash and black camera preview after taking a picture).
  • 02.10.2013 - Fixed multitouch points number setting; Igcamera should behave ok right now; CM code synced
  • 30.09.2013 - Added switching to horizontal mode when hardware keyboard is open; CM code synced; NOTE: you may need to add google account again after update from previous version(s), so sync/backup your google stuff.
  • 26.09.2013 - Call recording fixed(tried with AutoCallRecorder 1.0.9 - present in some tezet's ROM's); Some more work on internal storage; CM code synced
  • 25.09.2013 - Internal storage size fixed
  • 24.09.2013 - Keyboard layout fixed
  • 23.09.2013 - Camera should work ok at 848x480(720p not supported yet); CM code synced
  • 20.09.2013 - Initial version

NOTES:
Keyboard - to access polish letters, choose Qwerty polish in Settings->Language & Input->Sholes keypad->Set up keyboard layout. Use ALT LOCK or ALT LOCK + SHIFT to get polish letters. ALT LOCK + '?' is mapped to pipe symbol('|').

If you wish to see national symbols for some other language, please download and update the following file (similarly as Rabinhood has done for polish symbols(look at letter A and ralt/shift+ralt modifiers)), test it by replacing file /system/usr/keychars/sholes-keypad.kcm with your version(reboot required), and once you are satisfied with the outcome, send it to me.

Known issues:
  • If bluetooth is on, and autocallrecording is installed, no sound during calls(reported by Fedroid)
  • Sound quality when using BT headset is not very high
  • Wifi list does not refresh.. workaround: turn wifi off and on

Sources:
  • repo init -u git://github.com/czechop/android.git -b cm-10.2

Installation
  • If coming from stock ROM or CM7:
    1. install tezet's CM10 first(http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1827801) and look at next point
  • If using tezet's CM10 ROM or engle mars's CM10.1:
    1. go to bootmenu(press VOLUME DOWN key when booting);
    2. choose recovery->custome recovery;
    3. when in recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, and select the latest CM10.2 on your card;
    4. in the same way install gapps.
    5. reboot, and hold VOLUME DOWN button to go directly into bootmenu.
    6. choose tools->file tools->format DATA + CACHE to ext4(note that you will loose your data(the ones on the sdcard are safe)).
    7. reboot and... that's it
  • If coming from engle mars's CM10.2 ROM(haven't tried it, but should work):
    2. choose recovery->TWRP;
    3. when in recovery, choose install zip from sdcard, and select the latest CM10.2 on your card;
    4. in the same way install gapps.
    5. reboot, and hold VOLUME DOWN button to go directly into bootmenu.
    6. choose tools->file tools->format DATA + CACHE to EXT4(note that you will loose your data(the ones on the sdcard are safe)).
    7. reboot and... that's it
  • If want to get back to tezet's CM10 or engle mars's CM10.1:
    2. choose tools->file tools->format data + cache to EXT3(not that you will loose your data(the ones on the sdcard are safe))
    3. choose recovery->TWRP recovery
    4. when in recovery, choose install zip from sdcard and instlall ROM you want.
    5. in the same way install gapps(if not included in the ROM)
    6. reboot
  • if something goes wrong... post here describing what's going on... there is a slight chance that someone will help you

Credits:
  • Credits for this rom goes to: Quarx2k, Tezet, Blachd0se, CM team... and many, many more.
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to czechop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift czechop Ad-Free

21st September 2013, 10:11 AM |#2  
Flag Prnjavor
Thanks Meter: 282

More
Plug
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechop

CM10.2 for Milestone2

[Downloads][Gapps]

It's based on defy(made by Quarx) version.

Changelog:

• 20.09.2013 - Initial version

Known issues:
  • Camera is far from good
  • Call recording not working
  • Hardware keyboard might produce incorrect characters when ALT used in some languages(polish version works quite well)

Notes:
  • For installation instructions look at other threads
  • Full wipe recommended!!!

Sources:
repo init -u git://github.com/czechop/android.git -b cm-10.2

1. Fix camera, and it will be perfekt rom.
2. Just copy keyboard layout from CM10.2 of EngleMars.
3. Its very fast, and really nice ROM.

Bye
22nd September 2013, 08:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Faster than engle mars rom?
Can someone post photos how the rom looks like?
24th September 2013, 07:46 PM |#4  
Flag Cracow
Thanks Meter: 902

More
Good to see you back in the game, Czechop! The ROM is really great, very snappy. It seems like it is ready for daily use, but I hope you will be able to find time for future updates as well. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Just one minor issue. Keyboard layout doesn't work for me on version from 23th. I have tried with QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY as well as with no keyboard layout selected at all. In all cases the characters with ALT were (totally) incorrect.
24th September 2013, 08:53 PM |#5  
Flag Cracow
Thanks Meter: 902

More
One more observation. The internal storage is only 256MB, and not 8GB. I suposse it's a leftover from Defy.
24th September 2013, 09:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 445

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezet

One more observation. The internal storage is only 256MB, and not 8GB. I suposse it's a leftover from Defy.

tezet is still alive! cm10.2 seems to become a really great and stable rom
you will find the qwertz keyfile attached. download and decompress it and change it, by replacing this file in system/usr/keychars and set permission to rw r r

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: zip sholes-keypad.kcm.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.4 KB, 67 views)
24th September 2013, 09:36 PM |#7  
Flag Katowice
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Question
Hey guys. I believe at least some of you have already tried this fresh ROM. Could you please share your comments? How does this ROM look like in comparison to Engle_Mars CM 10.2 in terms of performance and features? Do you think the differences make this ROM worth trying?

Thanks.
24th September 2013, 10:01 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Good to see you back in the game, Czechop! The ROM is really great, very snappy. It seems like it is ready for daily use, but I hope you will be able to find time for future updates as well. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Just one minor issue. Keyboard layout doesn't work for me on version from 23th. I have tried with QWERTY, QWERTZ and AZERTY as well as with no keyboard layout selected at all. In all cases the characters with ALT were (totally) incorrect.

Hi Tezet... good to see you too You haven't posted anything for so long, that I started thinking you sold your phone and switched to some other brand. But after all, motorola is the best

Keyboard layout should be fine right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to czechop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift czechop Ad-Free
24th September 2013, 10:02 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Haven't noticed it earlier... thanks, will have a look.
The Following User Says Thank You to czechop For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift czechop Ad-Free
24th September 2013, 10:42 PM |#10  
Brasilia
Thanks Meter: 0

More
downloading the rom to test.

After I have installed'll post a print for the curious
25th September 2013, 07:58 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
To those who have installed this:

- How is battery life compared to EngleMars's 10.2?

- Can this be backed up via recovery, ie does the restore function actually work?

These are the only two areas in which EngleMars's, otherwise perfect in my opinion, ROM is lacking.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)