FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Xperia Z1′s fourth firmware update (14.1.G.2.213)

393 posts
Thanks Meter: 202

By jos_031, Senior Member on 20th September 2013, 04:50 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The firmware version number moves from the current build of 14.1.G.1.534 to build number 14.1.G.2.213. Did anyone get update??? any difference???

Those who got update notification,
Take a backup of all important data like contacts, call logs, SMSs, apps, APN and other settings before proceeding further. You may have to perform a clean install of your OS. While for all practical purposes, using Flashtool is safe but there is a very very remote chance of damaging your phone and don’t blame me should it happen.

For flashtool-Link

1. Install Sony PC Companion and/or SEUS. This will copy the necessary drivers to your PC. Connect your phone with USB Debugging enabled and allow your PC to install the necessary drivers.

2. Connect your phone and update or repair your phone with the latest firmware version (right now 14.1.G.1.534). If you update/upgrade, your data will be preserved. If you repair, all data may be lost. So backup everything. Now, your phone is updated with the latest firmware. Keep it aside. We don’t need your phone anymore to create the ftf file.

3. Go toC:\ProgramData\Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs folder and look for the biggest three files. The folder “blob_fs” may be located in a different place depending on whether you used PC Companion or SEUS. Perform a search for that folder if you can’t find it. Once you are inside the folder, sort by size and see the 3 largest files were just created (when you updated/repaired your phone). Copy them to somewhere else like D:\firmware.

4. Install Flashtool and open it.

5. Click Advanced > Decrypt Files.

6. Select all the three files and click the right arrow to send them to the right side and click OK. In a moment, you will see a Flashtool pop up window that shows all the decrypted files. Select all and click the right arrow button.

7. Type in the device name next to Device, firmware version number next to Version, and branding next to Branding and click OK.

8. In the Device Selection window that appears, select xperia Z1 and click OK.

9. In a moment, your ftf file will be there in the default Flashtool folder C:\Flashtool\Firmwares

10. Upload it and post the link so that everyone can use it..
The Following User Says Thank You to jos_031 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jos_031 Ad-Free

20th September 2013, 07:01 PM |#2  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 479

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jos_031

The firmware version number moves from the current build of 14.1.G.1.518 to build number 14.1.G.1.531. No noticeable changes have been found, so it’s likely a bug/performance update. Did anyone update??? any difference???

Update details already mentioned here some 4 hours ago http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=129

Update rolled yesterday for some users.

Better RAM management.
21st September 2013, 01:31 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
anyone in the UK get this yet
21st September 2013, 02:45 AM |#4  
Flag Daytona Beach
Thanks Meter: 47

More
There's no OTA update?
21st September 2013, 03:54 AM |#5  
Flag Helloooooooooooooo
Thanks Meter: 204

More
Hopefully many new updates are pushed out by the time I get my Xperia Z1 in November!
21st September 2013, 08:59 AM |#6  
Flag Doncaster
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I got this on my O2 branded Xperia Z1 yesterday as an OTA. I can't say I've noticed anything different

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st September 2013, 09:14 AM |#7  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 5,761

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain 89

I got this on my O2 branded Xperia Z1 yesterday as an OTA. I can't say I've noticed anything different

Can you share your cda?

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk 4
21st September 2013, 10:28 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain 89

can you make ftf and upload
21st September 2013, 10:30 AM |#9  
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 5,761

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thats why i need it. Look in my thread in general section
21st September 2013, 10:41 AM |#10  
Flag Doncaster
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I'm not at home at the minute. But I will give it a go later when I'm home.

21st September 2013, 11:01 AM |#11  
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

I got the same update straight away on o2 branded device.

Backed up my firmware before debranding to generic UK.

Issue is backup is nowhere to be found!!! I checked it was there before I flashed the generic to be sure I had a fallback....but looking for it now, GONE! Weird...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)