FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FAQ - All You Need] GT-S7560M Galaxy Ace II x / Ace2x

495 posts
Thanks Meter: 222

By daver18qc, Senior Member on 20th September 2013, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Ace II x / GT-S7560M Unofficial FAQ!
-The Galaxy TREND GT-S7560 is also supported-

==>THIS IS AN OUTDATED PHONE AND THE LINKS/FILES BELOW MAY OR MAY NOT BE THERE ANYMORE<==

!!SEE POST #2 BELOW FOR LINKS

Frequently Asked Questions:
1- "Flash with CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP/CWM)" : If you still have the stock recovery, download and use Daver18qc's Root Kit Below to install a custom recovery from the CUSTOM RECOVERIES header in post #2.
2- "Flash with ODIN" : ODIN is inside Daver18qc's Root Kit *With Detailed Instructions* below.
3- "Push with ADB" : You need to download and install Android's Development Kit and then refer to the small tutorial below !

4- If you've got problems with ODIN or ADB, make sure that you have USB Debugging Enabled under Settings > Developer Options.
--Make sure you have only 1 device showing in ODIN (Only 1 little square filled at the top-left)
--Also make sure Kies.exe is not running on the computer!

5- [I]There are custom ROMs, such as CyanogenMOD 10 and 11, OmniROM 4.4, and more. There is no Lollipop ROM just yet, though it is slowly being worked on. A lot of work is needed to update our device code for Lollipop. You can find links to different custom ROMs for our device in post #2.
6- There is NO free method to UNLOCK SIM yet.

7- If you want to flash any deodexed rom with a custom recovery, you must first flash the complete corresponding ROM from SamMobile. That means deodexed Guatemala need to be flashed over Guatemala, not over Panama or Canada. Same goes for deodexed Australia.

8- If you get a Yellow warning triangle on boot after flashing something, use TriangleAway to remove it and reset the flash counter to 0. (On the page, use the provided TriangleAway apk file available for download at the bottom of the first post)

9- Flashing a ROM from Guatemala or Australia will not change your service provider, you will stay with Bell/Koodo/Rogers even if these companies don't exist in Guatemala.
10- Sometimes when flashing ROMS, your carrier will show as "Bell" even though you are on Virgin / Solo, this is normal as these are 2 sub-companies of Bell.

11- When you flash ANYTHING with a custom recovery, be sure to Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache (advanced menu) before rebooting.
12- For ANY kind of flashing from a Windows computer, you will need the Samsung USB Drivers first and foremost, before doing anything else. If you're on Linux/Ubuntu, install Heimdall and search for tutorials for how to use it on XDA or Google.

13- If you have the Galaxy Trend GT-S7560 and CWM freezes while flashing a custom rom, then re-cook the rom inside the Kitchen with these tweaks:
Code:
For galaxy trend s7560

When building rom in kitchen, select Interactive Mode(1). after zipaling;

1. edit META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script in working folder and change " format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p16"); " to " format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p16", "0", "/system"); "
2. extract cm11 for ace 2x and replace META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary from cm11 to your rom
======================================END OF FAQ=============================================

Short Tutorials :

Buttons combinations (phone must be shutdown before !)
Download Mode : VOLUME DOWN+HOME+POWER
Recovery Mode : VOLUME DOWN+VOLUME UP+HOME+POWER

How to "Push with ADB" :
Install the Android Development Kit
Goto "platform tools" folder
Open a command prompt
Connect your phone with USB cable and USB Debugging enabled (developer settings)
Type in the command prompt:
-adb remount
-adb push "yourfilename" "/your/destination"
-adb reboot
example: "adb push SystemUI.apk /system/app/"

How to flash with ODIN :
-If your ROM is zipped, unzip it to a folder until you got a ".TAR.MD5" file
-Load up ODIN
-Shutdown your Phone
-Boot your Phone in Download Mode
-Plug in your USB cable, Odin should recognize the Phone and fill up a small square at the top left.
-Make sure only "F.Reset Time", "Auto Reboot" and "PDA" are check-marked in ODIN
-Load up your ".TAR.MD5" in the PDA section of ODIN
-Flash, wait for ODIN to tell you (Succeeded : 1, Failed : 0)
-Done.

How to flash CM11 (CyanogenMod11) by Alex150892 :
1.Install Australia MH3 stock rom with Odin
2.Download Root Kit and follow instructions inside (follow it carefully from beginning to the end)
3.Open cwm recovery and Wipe data/cache,and also wipe dalvik cache
4.Install CyanogenMod 11
5.Install 4.4 Gapps
6.(optional) Install ba2x kernel for CyanogenMod 11
7.Reboot and enjoy...
Note that first boot will take a while,so leave it for ~10mins
The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to daver18qc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daver18qc Ad-Free

20th September 2013, 10:05 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
Links:

------CUSTOM ROMS-------
Note: None of the custom ROMs are bug-free. Some of them are more stable and bug-free than others though. Some common bugs among all the ROMs are lack of full camera resolution (the rear camera only captures images at 3MP instead of the 5MP in Stock ROM) and lack of bluetooth (our chipset doesn't support the newer bluetooth method used in Android 4.2+).
CyanogenMOD 10.2/11 by SeannyM UNSUPPORTED
CyanogenMOD 10.1 (Android 4.2.2) by jonypx09 UNSUPPORTED
CyanogenMOD 10.2 (Android 4.3.1) by Codename13 UNSUPPORTED
Beanstalk 4.4.275 (Android 4.4.2) by jonypx09UNSUPPORTED
CyanogenMOD 11 (Android 4.4.4) by jonypx09
OmniROM 4.4.4 (Android 4.4.4) by Codename13

------STOCK ROMS-------
(These are compatible with ALL countries and should be flashed if you want the latest version of ICS on your phone, regardless of where you live or who your phone service provider is.)
Stock firmwares from Sammobile
You Must register on SamMobile by clicking here first! (FREE)

Modified stock firmware "Stock II X Plus" by Codename13. It is deodexed, rooted, has init.d functionality, has ADB support, doesn't overwrite your custom recovery with the stock one, and other misc. changes, plus it shouldn't trigger the triangle flash counter.

If you install a stock ROM/firmware over a custom ROM and you get a bootloop, meaning you probably forgot to wipe data, and you're unable to boot to recovery, flash this package (by Codename13) with Odin to wipe your data partition, which should allow you to boot into the stock ROM.

------CUSTOM KERNELS-------
Sadman2's kernels for ICS 4.0.4 with GPU Overclock !
-Flash with CUSTOM RECOVERY, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, Reboot.
V1: http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/15770700/file.html : OC CPU 1.2GHZ
V2: http://www43.zippyshare.com/v/33249511/file.html : OC CPU 1.3GHZ
V3: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq...it?usp=sharing : OC CPU 1.2GHZ GPU 275MHZ
V4: http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/61114227/file.html : OC CPU 1.3GHZ GPU 325MHZ

BA2X (Better Ace 2 X) 2.0 for Stock ROM by Codename13 UNSUPPORTED

SeannyM's Overclocked/Modded Kernels For Stock ROM(Flash with CUSTOM RECOVERY) UNSUPPORTED (I think)
[/B]-A vast range of frequencies to choose from, you can start with 1094mhz and if your phone is stable and doesn't reboot on it's own you can then go up a couple more until you get to a point where your phone won't boot, then you need to go back down in frequencies.
Most people seem to hit a wall around 1248mhz.
-To take full advantage of this Kernel, you should install No-Frills CPU Control
--Set the maximum frequency to the maximum possible
--Set the minimum to 240 or 320
--Set the governor to SmartAssV2
--Set the I/O sheculer to VR[B]

------CUSTOM RECOVERIES-------
List of custom recoveries (thread maintained by Codename13)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682888

------OTHER-------

Possible fix to CM10.2 WiFi problems suggested by Anas Karbila
-Install that app from the market and use it to correct the problem.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.in.zextr.wcf

Possible fix to ICS 4.0.4 with WiFi problems on Sadman2's Kernels :
-Use a root file explorer to overwrite the original files in /system/lib/modules with those from the link below.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...2&d=1394823897

Daver18qc's GT-S7560M Root Kit (With Detailed Instructions!) v.3
Daver18qc's List of Apps that are Safe To Delete (Once Rooted!):Guatemela 'MG2 or Stock ROM
================================================== =========================================
That one might be bugged, try the "Stock Guatemala MG2" + "Deodexed Guatemala" below if you have problems!
Daver18qc's Deodexed/Rooted Australia MH3 ROM (Latest 24sept2013) (Flash With CUSTOM RECOVERY Over Australia 'MH3 ROM, Wipe Cache/Dalvik)

================================================== =========================================
Daver18qc's Deodexed/Rooted Guatemala MG2 ROM (Flash With CUSTOM RECOVERY Over Stock Guatemala MG2, Wipe Cache/Dalvik) *Confirmed Working*
Thanks to Viper520 for ViPER4Android

Daver18qc's Pack of Modded SystemUI ("Push" with ADB)
-(Download the one with the notifications toggles you want, the others buttons are removed!)

Codename13's ModPack UNSUPPORTED (Flash with CWM) for Deodexed ROMS ONLY!
Codename13's Panama Stock ROM (Flash with CUSTOM RECOVERY)
Codename13's Insecure Stock Kernel (Flash with ODIN in PDA Section)

OstrichX's CyanogenMOD 10.1 Work In Progress Page

Mods made by other people that works on GT-S7560M:
Cbass15's Black Theme AOSP SMS App!
(Delete /system/app/SecMMS.apk, Copy this file to /system/app/ and DON'T RENAME IT, then REBOOT!)
Screenshot of the CBASS15's AOSP Messaging

Dsixda's KITCHEN
You can deodex and customize almost any ROM made for this phone using this version of the Kitchen.
You will need a computer running Linux, either on the hard drive or in a virtual machine inside Windows.
You will need extensive knowledge of the Linux commands as everything is inside a terminal (a kind of MS-DOS command prompt)
If you don't know what Linux is, don't bother, this is out of your reach and nobody will teach you here.
Learn it somewhere else and come back here when you know where you're going with this.

DOWNLOAD 0.223 KITCHEN
DOWNLOAD EDIFY_DEFS FILE
-(The EDIFY_DEFS file is necessary to make a working ROM, you will softbrick your phone if you don't put this file inside your edify-defs folder in the kitchen folder.)

MANY THANKS TO : SeannyM, jonypx09, Codename13, OstrichX and all the others who made this possible!

POST YOUR QUESTIONS IN THE MAIN THREAD HERE PLEASE!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to daver18qc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daver18qc Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 12:28 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by daver18qc

FAQ:

6- There is NO free method to UNLOCK SIM yet.

till there is some way to unlock the GT-S7560m (hopefully soon)
may i suggest http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1916
unlockclient co
self contained software (means no 24 hour wait for email) takes seconds to do

i searched and search for hours yesterday.. found that one post above
and pretty much nothing else.. the huge 240 page 7560m thread has people asking every second page.. no joke
more info needs to be given about this. and maybe some research on how to do it for free.. but in the mean time:
i took a chance and got it.. and was not disappointed at all (works just like youtube vid)

btw im just a frustrated end user, not affiliated with any company
The Following User Says Thank You to sarum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sarum Ad-Free
29th November 2013, 08:38 AM |#4  
Flag Quebec
Thanks Meter: 166

More
I would like to download this: Daver18qc's Deodexed/Rooted Australia ROM (Latest 24sept2013) but the DropBox download link isn't working...
8th December 2013, 02:26 AM |#5  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Links are dead
Hi...
links for stock versions are not working...
wanted to download the guatemala stock to flash other rom later, but the link is dead...

any one has a backup by any chance?

im currently on the canadian rom i guess... already got root and CWM

thanks1
9th December 2013, 01:07 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertonv

Hi...
links for stock versions are not working...
wanted to download the guatemala stock to flash other rom later, but the link is dead...

any one has a backup by any chance?

im currently on the canadian rom i guess... already got root and CWM

thanks1

samsung-updates.com has most of the Ace II X firmwares on alternate mirrors such as RapidGator and ul.to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Codename13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Codename13 Ad-Free
9th December 2013, 09:04 AM |#7  
Flag Vancouver

Donate to Me
More
Links are dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename13

samsung-updates.com has most of the Ace II X firmwares on alternate mirrors such as RapidGator and ul.to.

Hi!
Thanks for pointing out where...
samsung-updates .com/device/?id=GT-S7560M

Im assuming this is the one im looking for
Galaxy Ace IIx GT-S7560M PGU S7560MUBAMG2

Unfortunately, the links on that site seem broken too... unless its me and i cant get them to work...

looking with the code "S7560MUBAMG2" i found a version PBS, CPA and TCP (panama, panama and mexico), all three have the same build date and change list numbers (05.07.2013 and 1230914)...
im downloading PBS version, its a 532mb file, is that right?... no wonder the device sucks that much... that image is bigger than the stock for my the TF300t... this **** is bloated

is this the same image as guatemala?

Can't seem to find the PGU anywhere... all links are to hotfile (which seems dead) or broken

thanks anyway...
i wanted to test the slimbean rom but guess i'll have to wait a while then...
the device is slow, but rather have a slow phone than a bricked one for not following the procedure right
this device
11th December 2013, 03:16 AM |#8  
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Flash with CWM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daver18qc

Frequently Asked Questions:
1- "Flash with CWM" : If you still have the stock recovery, download and use Daver18qc's Root Kit Below to install CWM.

Well, couldn't the actual answer tell you exactly what you do once you've installed CWM...

I seem to have installed it — the Root Kit install finished successfully and there's one entry in Apps for "Superuser" that wasn't there before — but I can't actually do anything with it. How do you "Flash with CWM"?

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mertonv

Hi!
Thanks for pointing out where...
samsung-updates .com/device/?id=GT-S7560M

Im assuming this is the one im looking for
Galaxy Ace IIx GT-S7560M PGU S7560MUBAMG2

Unfortunately, the links on that site seem broken too... unless its me and i cant get them to work...

Can't seem to find the PGU anywhere... all links are to hotfile (which seems dead) or broken

thanks anyway...

AIUI, you don't need to use MG2. Try the third link (XSA) which will give you three options to download the MH3 firmware for Australia. That has three working download links.
13th December 2013, 12:13 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasLegend

Well, couldn't the actual answer tell you exactly what you do once you've installed CWM...

I seem to have installed it — the Root Kit install finished successfully and there's one entry in Apps for "Superuser" that wasn't there before — but I can't actually do anything with it. How do you "Flash with CWM"?

You did it, since flashing with CWM puts the SUPERUSER program inside the phone. So if you have that, then you have indeed flashed with CWM, because it is the only way to flash the root package!
The instructions in the root kit apply to any other update/package that you want to flash with CWM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasLegend

AIUI, you don't need to use MG2. Try the third link (XSA) which will give you three options to download the MH3 firmware for Australia. That has three working download links.

@mertonv:
Use Australia MH3 instead. SAMMOBILE got their hosting server shut down so the links for stock firmware are invalid, but they are supposed to get fixed soon, i hope.

EDIT: The Australia Stock ROM link works at the moment, maybe you didn't LOG IN / REGISTER on SAMMOBILE before trying to download and that's why you don't see anything, but at this time, it works !
The Following User Says Thank You to daver18qc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daver18qc Ad-Free
16th December 2013, 04:53 AM |#10  

More
Bluetooth and Camera still broken/buggy?
Can anyone confirm that there isn't a custom ROM (10.2 or 11) where there are issues with Bluetooth and the camera? I know the FAQ says there are issues but that was in October.
16th December 2013, 03:02 PM |#11  

More
Service
Since flashing CM 10.2, I haven't been able to get service and if somehow I manage I only get it temporarily. Can someone explain as to why?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
7560, ace 2 x, ace ii x, ace2x, gt-s7560m

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)