[Q] AOSP Froyo 2.2

Search This thread

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
This may sound like a strange question, but does anyone still have a copy of an AOSP Froyo 2.2 ROM they would be willing to upload?

Thanks

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
This may sound like a strange question, but does anyone still have a copy of an AOSP Froyo 2.2 ROM they would be willing to upload?

Thanks

I have found that varying ROMs from these links below are still available:
your Choice!

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050453

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=948722

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1048380

and I have a collection of older classic ROMs here in one of my AFH Folders::
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=6355
of which I'll probably be adding these ones I found above to at some point

Reactions: Sippi4x4man

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
Thank you for helping me out. I was able to find 3 good links, however two of them are still touch-wiz based and the other gives me a status 0 error and won't install : ( I'll keep digging. I really want to get my hands on a cm6 build or jt's vanilla froyo but of course all links are dead. I've never used any of the community roms or superclean roms, are these touchwiz?

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Thank you for helping me out. I was able to find 3 good links, however two of them are still touch-wiz based and the other gives me a status 0 error and won't install : ( I'll keep digging. I really want to get my hands on a cm6 build or jt's vanilla froyo but of course all links are dead. I've never used any of the community roms or superclean roms, are these touchwiz?

ComROM and Superclean are both based on official stock Verizon ROMs. They basically either gut out or modify TouchWiz. I'm not too sure about the Froyo builds of these, but if you're looking at the EH03 builds of SuperClean and TSM (previously known as Comrom) they have Touchwiz 4. As far as I understand, Community ROM (TSM) pretty much contains AOSP apps but it's based off of EB01 (VZW 2.2.1)

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
So from what I'm seeing, the only pure android 2.2 AOSP roms are probably going to be jt's vanilla froyo or Cyanogenmod 6?

I'm also looking for an AOSP version of gingerbread. My SD card is a class 4 and I can't flash any of the official CM7.1 or CM7.2

Last edited:

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
So from what I'm seeing, the only pure android 2.2 AOSP roms are probably going to be jt's vanilla froyo or Cyanogenmod 6?

I'm also looking for an AOSP version of gingerbread. My SD card is a class 4 and I can't flash any of the official CM7.1 or CM7.2

as far as gingerbread goes, try looking at OMFGB.

besides, why the hell do you want Froyo anyway?

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
as far as gingerbread goes, try looking at OMFGB.

besides, why the hell do you want Froyo anyway?

I remember the old days when I had my HTC HeroC that AOSP froyo and gingerbread worked very well and ran very fast on low ram devices and I wanted to give them a run on my phone. I wasn't around for the GB and froyo days for the fascinate. When I obtained my phone everyone was using JB roms. I just want to run it on my phone for a little bit. I can't find any omfgb roms with any good links. As I said before CM6 and CM7 either will not install or will give me corrupted sd card errors because I have a class 4 card.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
I remember the old days when I had my HTC HeroC that AOSP froyo and gingerbread worked very well and ran very fast on low ram devices and I wanted to give them a run on my phone. I wasn't around for the GB and froyo days for the fascinate. When I obtained my phone everyone was using JB roms. I just want to run it on my phone for a little bit. I can't find any omfgb roms with any good links. As I said before CM6 and CM7 either will not install or will give me corrupted sd card errors because I have a class 4 card.

I installed CM7 with a Class 2 Samsung card (that i still use today on Helly Bean) and it worked just fine. CM7 had its share of problems though. Wifi was really flaky, and barely worked on the stock kernel. Also the Superuser app broke.

I guess I'm just lucky though :p

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
I installed CM7 with a Class 2 Samsung card (that i still use today on Helly Bean) and it worked just fine. CM7 had its share of problems though. Wifi was really flaky, and barely worked on the stock kernel. Also the Superuser app broke.

I guess I'm just lucky though :p

I have CM7 on my phone right now, but I keep getting sd card corrupted errors and I can't mount my sd card in recovery. I'm not a fan of touchwiz but might give some of those older ones a try. JB 4.1-4.3 are just not running really good on my phone right now

Sippi4x4man

May 25, 2010
Have you tried Helly Bean?
Also, if nothing else works and you need a daily driver, EH03...
oh wait you have a showcase. nvm.

The most stable ones I have found for me are Hellybean and Eclipse, but even those get laggy for me after a few days. I can run a vzw rom as long as I convert it with Rom Konverter on Rootzwiki

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
The most stable ones I have found for me are Hellybean and Eclipse, but even those get laggy for me after a few days. I can run a vzw rom as long as I convert it with Rom Konverter on Rootzwiki

Well EH03 is Verizon's stock firmware (2.3.5) for the fassy. I think you guys have either EI20 or EH09, and one of those two is 2.3.6. lucky bastards, you get a .1 version newer than ours lol

Top Liked Posts