FORUMS

LG G2 delightful discoveries

230 posts
Thanks Meter: 135

By WPWoodJr, Senior Member on 22nd September 2013, 05:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
What are some of the delightful things you found about this phone but you might not have expected when you bought it?

I like having 5 rows and 5 columns on the home screen, plus up to another 7 icons in the app drawer.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2
22nd September 2013, 06:01 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
It's been talked about in other threads, but the wireless storage feature was crazy simple to setup and access on my home network.
22nd September 2013, 06:31 PM |#3  
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,262

More
Wireless storage feature?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to droidiac13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidiac13 Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 08:19 PM |#4  
Lafayette
Thanks Meter: 40

More
I knew about it before I owned the phone, but I had no idea I'd appreciate knock-knock so much. It is one of the best ideas for a phone.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to mjdupuis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjdupuis Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 11:29 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdupuis

I knew about it before I owned the phone, but I had no idea I'd appreciate knock-knock so much. It is one of the best ideas for a phone.

Sometimes it is knock knock knock
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to WPWoodJr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WPWoodJr Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 12:15 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
The copy/paste clipboard, nice seeing a visual representation of what you want to paste.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jim_0068 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jim_0068 Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 12:37 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
The most delightful discovery that I didn't expect(i forgot about it) was the quite good imo remote control app. I can now control every setup in my house from my phone. A great feature!

I am one of the unlucky to have owned the P930, or ATT nitro HD as it was called. That phone was, frankly, terrible. I literally got only about 1.5 hours screen time until dead. Even with the bad taste in my mouth from that LG, I am glad I gave LG another chance. This phone is amazing...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to compumasta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift compumasta Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 02:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 481

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidiac13

Wireless storage feature?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

You can turn it on with a toggle in the top row of the notification shade. If there's not a toggle there called "Wireless Storage", you can enable it with the edit button at the end of the top row. Once enabled, you can mount your phone as an SMB share by typing in '\\your.phones.ip.address" in windows explorer, or map it as a network drive, etc. It will have need a username and password, which you can find in the notification shade.
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to sefnap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sefnap Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 02:29 AM |#9  
Flag Twin Cities, MN
Thanks Meter: 1,262

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefnap

You can turn it on with a toggle in the top row of the notification shade. If there's not a toggle there called "Wireless Storage", you can enable it with the edit button at the end of the top row. Once enabled, you can mount your phone as an SMB share by typing in '\\your.phones.ip.address" in windows explorer, or map it as a network drive, etc. It will have need a username and password, which you can find in the notification shade.

Nice! Thank you.
23rd September 2013, 05:16 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by compumasta

The most delightful discovery that I didn't expect(i forgot about it) was the quite good imo remote control app. I can now control every setup in my house from my phone. A great feature!

I am one of the unlucky to have owned the P930, or ATT nitro HD as it was called. That phone was, frankly, terrible. I literally got only about 1.5 hours screen time until dead. Even with the bad taste in my mouth from that LG, I am glad I gave LG another chance. This phone is amazing...

I've even programmed my electric fireplace remote. If you have a remote that's not on the list you can design you own remote with just the buttons you want. Pretty awesome! You can also have you remote appear in your pull down automatically when connected to home WiFi.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1379906186741.jpg
Views:	10008
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	2276359  
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MichaelTheCrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MichaelTheCrum Ad-Free
23rd September 2013, 05:20 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
This is one I just stumbled upon. You can add/change widgets on the Lock Screen.

From the Lock Screen:
- Swipe the clock downwards to minimize the carrier and owner info.
- Press and hold the clock to remove, then add a different widget.
- From the Lock Screen, towards the upper half, swipe from left to right, you can add additional widgets on new screens.
- By default, swiping from right to left opens the camera.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sreymj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sreymj Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)