FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Flatline - Unbrickable Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi + 3G)

280 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,320

By rayman, Recognized Developer on 23rd September 2013, 08:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
The AndroidRoot.Mobi Team is proud to present Flatline: Nvflash for Nexus 7 & Nexus 7 3G (2012)

This release allows generating nvflash blobs for your specific device, making your device unbrickable as long as you have a copy of the blobs.
As a brand new feature, it will also enable wifi and upload a copy of the blob to androidroot's server. Later, a solution will be released to retrieve the blobs from the server if you ever loose them.

https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/guides/tegra3-guide-nvflash-jellybean/

Credit goes to the AndroidRoot.Mobi team:
Bumble-Bee (Apache14), IEF, kmdm, lilstevie & RaYmAn.
The Following 39 Users Say Thank You to rayman For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th September 2013, 04:45 AM |#2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 279

More
24th September 2013, 07:15 AM |#3  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianXP7

Ah yes! This makes updating the bootloader a less scary procedure. (It happened to me and I had to send an RMA request. Fortunately, they accepted it.) I do have a question. Are the blobs hardware specific for the Nexus 7? (Flashing someone's Nexus 7 dump to mine.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

The blobs are device-specific. They will only works on your particular device and no one elses.
Otherwise, we would have just released pre-made blobs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rayman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th September 2013, 07:21 AM |#4  
Flag Los Angeles

More
24th September 2013, 09:47 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 872

More
Hi! I have tried to nvflash my TF300T with the new guide, but after generating the blob.bin and run whille I am getting an error:
Code:
Wheelie 0.1 - Preflight for nvflash.
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 androidroot.mobi
========================================

Waiting for device in APX mode...
[=] Chip UID: 0x15d2d4228340213
[-] Incorrect BLOB selected. nverror: 0x4.
Seems like the bootloader didn't flash the first time - after the second try and regenerating the nvflash files it works.
24th September 2013, 10:34 PM |#6  
Pittsburgh, PA.
Thanks Meter: 415

More
so the guide on androidroots website should be followed before you start tinkering with your device? just wondering. I have an N7, but have never messed it up to the point where fastbooting the factory image doesn't work. only killed it due to a hardware error
24th September 2013, 11:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
Can you still use this if you can only access the APX mode due to a bricked tablet?
25th September 2013, 12:47 AM |#8  
Flag Los Angeles

More
25th September 2013, 02:27 AM |#9  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,043

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

[/COLOR]I successfully backed up the blobs and partition images. I'm happy someone finally found a unbrickable solution. However, I tried flashing back the stock bootloader (4.23) but it displayed "Signature mismatch." in red on the top left corner and failed. (Luckily, I can still interactive with the bootloader menu.) Would flashing a ZIP with the image inside work as a workaround? Is there a special procedure that I have to perform? Are you going to release a modified 4.23 bootloader?

Try flashing the bootloader with nvflash rather than fastboot, flashing the bootloader from fastboot and recovery is subject to a signature check.
25th September 2013, 02:39 AM |#10  
Flag Los Angeles

More
25th September 2013, 03:00 AM |#11  
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,043

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Wouldn't that flash the modified bootloader? Also, I can't find instructions on flashing the bootloader under NVFlash.

if you have any bootloader you can flash it with nvflash easily. nvflash -r --download 4 bootloader.bin and it will flash, this isn't just limited to the stock bootloaders either, you can use this to attempt porting other bootloaders like u-boot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nexus7, nvflash, unbrickable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)