FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How To ROOT/INSTALL CWM/NANDROID/UNBRICK Samsung GT-S6312/ [safer & Easier]

513 posts
Thanks Meter: 232

By IjazCI, Senior Member on 27th September 2013, 06:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi to all this is my first post in XDA. In this post I will show you to how to ROOT/INSTALL CWM/ Samsung GT-S6312.
I didn’t create anything .I just share the things that I collected from the xda and web. All credits goes to developers

HOW TO ROOT:
BEFORE Rooting LEARN about ROOTING Using INTERNET. I will not be responsible for anything happens to your DEVICE at any Circumstance. IF YOU STICK WITH INSTRUCTION , Nothing Wrong will Happen.
It is very easy to root S6312 using following steps:

1) Install Framaroot-1.6.0.apk from here Framaroot By alephzain (Thanks to Him)
2) Open framaroot and install Superuser using “Gandalf Exploit “ by simply clicking in “Gandlaf”
3) Reboot.
4) You can See SuperUser app in Menu
5) Your S6312 is successfully ROOTED

HOW TO INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD

I will tell you how to install CWM . I use CWM 6 by XDA Member Djalo96 I just extracted his CWM Recover.tar.
Download CWM for here.

Steps:

1) Do all steps carefully .Stick to Instructions (Use Brain)
2) After downloading CWM 6 (recovery.img) copy it to sdcard0 of your device.
3) Now Download Nandroid Manager_1.4.apk AND Online Nandroid Backup_4.1.4.apk and insall Them
For your convenience I put Play store link download from there (Recommended) or Google them
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dbrowser&hl=en
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nnandbup&hl=en

4) Now open Nandroid Manager (give it root rights), Now move to recovery tab in Nandroid Manager.

a. Click on” Flash New Recovery”, then “Chose recovery from SD-Card” and point out the “ recovery.img” from storage0 . Now the application reads recovery and a new windows opens.

b. Click on “Flash Recovery” (Don’t worry ,it is not fully visible it is first option below “View Full Build Info”).

c. Now click on “Continue” in the next prompt Windows.

d. Your recovery is successfully flashed with CWM recovery.

e. IT ASKS YOU to reboot RecoveryPLEASE DON’T DO THAT (reason explained below).
Just Hit CLOSE.

f. Now you have successfully flashed your recovery with CWM 6 recovery.

g. Now close Nandroid Manager app.

h. Now Open Online Nandroid Backup (Give it root rights). Allow it to download and install its Scripts

i. Open” Custom Backup “ and make External_Sd (extSdcard) as SAVE LOCATION.(external SD is only detected in CWM)

j. Make a NANDROID backup Using Online Nandroid Backup[ (Quick Backup is Needed (make sure that location is external
sd same reason as above).

k. Wait untill it is finishes. THIS BACK IS FOR YOUR SAFTY, because this CWM does not
make NANDROID backup under recovery, But it SUCCESSFULLY restores the
NANDROID backup made by Online Nandroid Backup.

l. Now you successfully have a NANDROID BACKUP.

m. To enter CWM recovery, power off the device , Restart it by holding VOLUME UP,HOME and POWER.
(All ways , I SAID ALWAYS use this method to enter in cwm recovery)

n. (Please DON’T HIT on “REBOOT RECOVERY OPTION IN ANY APP
OR IN CWM recovery. BECAUSE THE REOVERY HAS A REBOOT BUG.
IF YOU HIT REBOOT RECOVERY .
IT WILL CONTINUOSLY REBOOT TO CWM RECOVERY NOT NORMAL JELLY BEAN)---
“ YOU ARE WARNED”

o. Avoid hitting reboot recovery inside CWM recovery . FOR THE ABOVE REASONS.

If you accidently hit “reboot recovery “, and your device failed to reboot normal jellybean, don’t panic. There is always a solution.Download Stock recovery.tar from Djalo96 s FTP. (same as 6312) And Flash it using ODIN. Or Flash Original firmware using ODIN.

HOW TO UNBRICK

If your Bricked your device . You can always restore the NANDROID BACKUP I insisted you to create. Or you Can download original firmware and Flash it through ODIN .There are plenty of instructions in web to flash Samsung firmware using ODIN. Use anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to IjazCI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IjazCI Ad-Free

22nd November 2013, 06:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IjazCI

b. Click on “Flash Recovery” (Don’t worry ,it is not fully visible it is first option below “View Full Build Info”).

I can not see and not scroll to see and be able to click this “Flash Recovery”

so i can not flash the cwm now or have to use odin.

grtz.
22nd November 2013, 07:19 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gods Own Country

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanbase

I can not see and not scroll to see and be able to click this “Flash Recovery”

so i can not flash the cwm now or have to use odin.

grtz.

In that case you can use odin to flash the Recovery and use Triangle Away to reset flash counter..... !
The Following User Says Thank You to IjazCI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IjazCI Ad-Free
23rd November 2013, 02:55 PM |#4  

More
Quote:

In that case you can use odin to flash the Recovery and use Triangle Away to reset flash counter..... !

Thanx, I managed to flash Djalo´s version of CWM with this method by Androsamace;

3. Install "Busy Box Installer"
> Open & Install Busy Box.
> Done!
4. Install Terminal.apk
> Open Terminal and type following commands:
Code:
su
cd /storage/sdcard0
sh cwm.sh
Done You CWM is ready now.......

Ofcouse I first renamed Djalo´s CWM to cwm.img.

What exactly is the difference between both CWM versions ? Backup ( direct in recovery ) should supposly work on Androsamace´s
but I was not sure if it could read the external SD. so used Djalo´s and "Online Android Backup" to make the nandroid backup.

grtz
23rd November 2013, 03:47 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gods Own Country

More
Quote:

Thanx, I managed to flash Djalo´s version of CWM with this method by Androsamace;

3. Install "Busy Box Installer"
> Open & Install Busy Box.
> Done!
4. Install Terminal.apk
> Open Terminal and type following commands:
Code:
su
cd /storage/sdcard0
sh cwm.sh
Done You CWM is ready now.......

Ofcouse I first renamed Djalo´s CWM to cwm.img.

What exactly is the difference between both CWM versions ? Backup ( direct in recovery ) should supposly work on Androsamace´s
but I was not sure if it could read the external SD. so used Djalo´s and "Online Android Backup" to make the nandroid backup.

grtz

I think in Djalo96 CWM recovery backup mode is corrupted.

Here is another recovery with better options if you needed. I think its also Djalo96's build cwm , with backup fixed

http://samsungyoung.keed.pl/Android/...covery.tar.rar

If you get struck in cwm , use this to recovery to boot back to jellybean ("use install from zip" option and choose reboot system)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fiyrc70vggyv2c/vM00CWM.zip?m

I think both recoveries fails to restore External .ext partition (if you use Link2sd),, In that case Install Link2sd and relink all application file and reboot
24th November 2013, 12:08 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

I think in Djalo96 CWM recovery backup mode is corrupted.

Here is another recovery with better options if you needed. I think its also Djalo96's build cwm , with backup fixed

http://samsungyoung.keed.pl/Android/...covery.tar.rar

If you get struck in cwm , use this to recovery to boot back to jellybean ("use install from zip" option and choose reboot system)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7fiyrc70vggyv2c/vM00CWM.zip?m

I think both recoveries fails to restore External .ext partition (if you use Link2sd),, In that case Install Link2sd and relink all application file and reboot

Thanks for the links Mate

grtz.
24th November 2013, 05:26 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gods Own Country

More
Quote:

Thanks for the links Mate

grtz.

Your Welcome
17th January 2014, 05:32 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Custom ROM 6312
hey guys if u want custom rom for ur devices 6312

ask the developers here. they are making custom rom for 6310

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2550846
25th January 2014, 01:05 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy flashed wrong recovery image now s6312 wont turn on
hi friends,

I flashed a wrong recovery image from cwm for my s6312 device by mistake (instead of flashing a mod I flashed a recovery image meant for a different phone). even that recovery zip flash went successful so I didnt doubt thinking I am actually flashing a mod. now when I gave restart system option, my phone does not turn on. (I guess it is hard bricked)

there is no vibration showing it turned on, cant boot into recovery or download mode using the combo key. but when I connect it to odin, it shows com13 and detects my phone...

however when I add rom and click on start, it stops at setup connection stage, no progress...

any help will be very much appreciated pls... and one more thing will a usb jig work to get it to download mode so I flash via odin ?

somebody pls help me I am in a desperate situation.... thanks you so much for whoever answers,...
25th January 2014, 10:59 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gods Own Country

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathesh26

hi friends,

I flashed a wrong recovery image from cwm for my s6312 device by mistake (instead of flashing a mod I flashed a recovery image meant for a different phone). even that recovery zip flash went successful so I didnt doubt thinking I am actually flashing a mod. now when I gave restart system option, my phone does not turn on. (I guess it is hard bricked)

there is no vibration showing it turned on, cant boot into recovery or download mode using the combo key. but when I connect it to odin, it shows com13 and detects my phone...

however when I add rom and click on start, it stops at setup connection stage, no progress...

any help will be very much appreciated pls... and one more thing will a usb jig work to get it to download mode so I flash via odin ?

somebody pls help me I am in a desperate situation.... thanks you so much for whoever answers,...

Hi, try Usbjig... It may help? ....!!! Is your phone uder warranty period.. !! few weeks ago i hardbricked my new s duos flashing wrong rom... it wiped my bootloader, usbjig failed to put the phone into download mode... but as there is no triangles ( no boot loader either), samsung service center guy replaced my board..!!!
26th January 2014, 10:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hi, try Usbjig... It may help? ....!!! Is your phone uder warranty period.. !! few weeks ago i hardbricked my new s duos flashing wrong rom... it wiped my bootloader, usbjig failed to put the phone into download mode... but as there is no triangles ( no boot loader either), samsung service center guy replaced my board..!!!

Yes bro,

mine is under warranty. i have also ordered an USB jig to check if it lets me in download mode however i am losing my hope that USB jig will work for me and i dont wish to send to service center . But one thing i still couldnt understand is, my phone is detected in ODIN saying the com port. but stuck at setup connection since the PC has already odin installed before this issue.

However, i tried it today with a different PC. installed ODIN and it is not detecting my phone since the necessary drivers are not installed. Simply cant understand why it happens with ODIN. Any ideas ???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)