FORUMS

Note 3 successfully rooted (unlocked bootloaders only)

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 28
 
By yongyut, Junior Member on 27th September 2013, 06:39 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all,

just for your information: I just successfully rooted my N900:
1. Install CWM recovery for your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454079
2. Download and install SuperSU 1.65 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 via CWM (the root option in CWM didn't work)
3. Voila
I did this with the N900 but it should also work for the other versions.
Cheers,
Justin
(Note 3 SM-N900)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to yongyut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yongyut Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 06:41 PM |#2  
danieljamie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
More
Please change title to reflect that this method supports other versions such as SM-N9005

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danieljamie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danieljamie Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 06:47 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 117
 
More
Hi Yongyut,
Just curious..does your N900 show write protection enabled or the knox warranty thingy on the odin download page? And which region did u get your N900 from?
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to iznee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iznee Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 07:06 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iznee

Hi Yongyut,
Just curious..does your N900 show write protection enabled or the knox warranty thingy on the odin download page? And which region did u get your N900 from?
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

In Odin mode it says:
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom

No Knox counter can be seen in Odin mode.

I bought the device in Thailand. The build number is JSS15J.N900XXUBMI5 (XX = Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Nordic, Spain, United Kingdom). The baseband version is N900DXUBMI1 (DX = Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam). Also there doesn't seem to be the infamous region lock enabled (at least there was no sticker on the package).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yongyut For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yongyut Ad-Free
EasyAndroidPro
27th September 2013, 07:41 PM |#5  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Worked great on my N9005 using n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.7-new-kernel(0925).tar :] Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 08:15 PM |#6  
Mcign's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterashman

Worked great on my N9005 using n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.7-new-kernel(0925).tar :] Thanks

And about knox counter ?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 con Tapatalk 4
EasyAndroidPro
27th September 2013, 08:19 PM |#7  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcign

And about knox counter ?

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 con Tapatalk 4

Knox Warranty Void: 0x1
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 08:20 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
U Genious!!
Works flawlessly on the Indian Version N900
27th September 2013, 08:20 PM |#9  
Mcign's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterashman

Knox Warranty Void: 0x1

Nooooooooooo
So i must wait , again...


Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 con Tapatalk 4
27th September 2013, 08:21 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterashman

Worked great on my N9005 using n9005-cwm-recovery-6.0.3.7-new-kernel(0925).tar :] Thanks

With me too with the exact same revovery and new SuperSU
27th September 2013, 08:26 PM |#11  
HS™'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 3,148
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yongyut

Hi all,

just for your information: I just successfully rooted my N900:
1. Install CWM recovery for your device: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2454079
2. Download and install SuperSU 1.65 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1538053 via CWM (the root option in CWM didn't work)
3. Voila
I did this with the N900 but it should also work for the other versions.
Cheers,
Justin

Good work bro Just rooted and working on getting theme for Our Note 3 Cheers
123HITEN
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
n900, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes