FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy Note 3 Handwriting to text not working

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kaelo, Junior Member on 30th September 2013, 03:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
when using handwriting to text on the samsung keyboard of Galaxy note 3, the writing just remains and does not convert to text after click other buttons there the keyboard crashes. regular input and all other aspects of the keyboard work, even direct pen input works. i have cleared cache and data of the samsung keyboard, even factory reset my phone but the problem remains. i really freaking out!!! does anyone have a solution or is having similar problems

30th September 2013, 06:08 AM |#2  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelo

when using handwriting to text on the samsung keyboard of Galaxy note 3, the writing just remains and does not convert to text after click other buttons there the keyboard crashes. regular input and all other aspects of the keyboard work, even direct pen input works. i have cleared cache and data of the samsung keyboard, even factory reset my phone but the problem remains. i really freaking out!!! does anyone have a solution or is having similar problems

I'm having the same problem. Called the samsung helpdesk, they can't resovle it yet.
30th September 2013, 06:37 AM |#3  
Flag Alkmaar
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Same here. Guess we'll have to wait for the first update.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app
30th September 2013, 06:44 AM |#4  

More
same
Same here. It works for the first 2 days. But now it just doesn't and later it crashes.
30th September 2013, 07:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Talking
You may try to change date&time settings to yesterday .. It works with my device ..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TriCkyZz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TriCkyZz Ad-Free
30th September 2013, 07:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
glad to know i'm not the only one facing this problem... meanwhile, any good keyboard with handwriting recognition to use as alternative?

also, to add some details, when i switch to Chinese language, the input does scroll to right when i am writing towards the end of screen, then when u scroll back, , or in english input try wrinte some words then press the backspace button, u will notice a character cursor stuck at the far left of the screen. Try move that cursor and your keyboard will crash again

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCkyZz

You may try to change date&time settings to yesterday .. It works with my device ..

you're right, I just changed my date to 28th sept, and it worked, thanks a lot

additional update: changing the date, use the handwriting, and change the date back to today and it seems working fine again. thanks indeed for the discovery, if TS can just update the first post with this solution it would be great
The Following User Says Thank You to BBXiong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BBXiong Ad-Free
30th September 2013, 07:50 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Wow, thanks...

I thought, i had to reset my Note 3...

Great workaround
The Following User Says Thank You to Relanukh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Relanukh Ad-Free
30th September 2013, 09:05 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
thank you works great, can't believe i reset my phone yesterday, should have come here first
30th September 2013, 09:28 AM |#9  

More
But its a temporary fix. after close apps and re-launch apps, the problem comes back. any solution?
I try suft and anything will get back here...
Thks anyway.
30th September 2013, 09:47 AM |#10  

More
should we wait for first update?
30th September 2013, 10:21 AM |#11  

More
Same problem
I was very glad to get my Note 3 last Friday (one of the first in the Netherlands). But this morning, during a short demonstration for my collegues on "how great the Note 3 and Android is", I had the same problem as you. This is my first Samsung and Android device, how long does patching take?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)