Post Reply Email Thread
18th March 2014, 03:30 AM |#1121  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadude66

I deleted my post, don't want to cause any other issues. I guess people will have to wait for Chainfire to update for the new bootloader, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wow, thanks, never thought of this, working on ROGERS 4.4.2 Updated by Kies (OTA didnt' work) on a SM-N900W8

Confirmed, SuperSU working great.

And thanks to applesandsynths for confirming this and bringing to my attention through a PM inadvertently!

18th March 2014, 04:00 AM |#1122  
Thanks Meter: 121

More
CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip works on my Bell Note 3. Android 4.4.2 with successful root and no boot loop. After CF installed latest TWRP. Not official I cannot be accountable for any bricks. It worked for me at that is all I know.

PS I tripped KNOX when I got my N3 so I do not know if CF will trip it.
18th March 2014, 02:40 PM |#1123  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Issue with call settings
Hey guys,

Everything seems to be working great so far except one thing I noticed. When going in the dialer and pressing the menu key, I try going to Call Rejection, Set up call reject messages, answering/ending calls and a bunch of other things and none of them open upon tapping. I checked one of my coworker's phones who is not rooted and it works fine for him. Wondering if this could be related to using the wrong CF Auto-Root. Anyone else experiencing this?
18th March 2014, 02:53 PM |#1124  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesandsynths

Hey guys,

Everything seems to be working great so far except one thing I noticed. When going in the dialer and pressing the menu key, I try going to Call Rejection, Set up call reject messages, answering/ending calls and a bunch of other things and none of them open upon tapping. I checked one of my coworker's phones who is not rooted and it works fine for him. Wondering if this could be related to using the wrong CF Auto-Root. Anyone else experiencing this?

My 4.4.2 Rogers is rooted and I'm having no issues opening editing/creating call reject messages, assigning numbers to call rejects, additional settings comes up, all open when tapping/selecting.

Have you tried rebooting?
Have you tried connecting a USB mouse (using an OTG cable)?
18th March 2014, 03:24 PM |#1125  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
Anyone on rogers that used the cf root method showing LTE in the status bar?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
18th March 2014, 04:04 PM |#1126  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesandsynths

Hey guys,

Did root trip knox

18th March 2014, 04:07 PM |#1127  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc

Did root trip knox

My Knox was previously tripped so I can't confirm
18th March 2014, 04:16 PM |#1128  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Is there a way I can flash just the new modem and system files via twrp without touching the boot loader

18th March 2014, 05:11 PM |#1129  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0N1N

Anyone on rogers that used the cf root method showing LTE in the status bar?

I'm on Rogers, used the CF Root method, and I get the LTE in the statusbar when i turn WiFi off.

Maybe you need to go: Settings->Connections->More Networks->Mobile Networks->Network Mode
I chose the first option: GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect).

Even if yours is selected, select a different option, go back and choose the LTE again just to reset the choice.

Hope that helps
18th March 2014, 08:46 PM |#1130  
Flag Toronto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailliab

I'm on Rogers, used the CF Root method, and I get the LTE in the statusbar when i turn WiFi off.

Maybe you need to go: Settings->Connections->More Networks->Mobile Networks->Network Mode
I chose the first option: GSM/HSPA/LTE (auto connect).

Even if yours is selected, select a different option, go back and choose the LTE again just to reset the choice.

Hope that helps

Interesting mine actually has LTE first in the selection. I am actually on LTE so don't know what my issue is. Thanks for the info.

18th March 2014, 11:31 PM |#1131  
Flag Toronto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0N1N

Interesting mine actually has LTE first in the selection. I am actually on LTE so don't know what my issue is. Thanks for the info.

I added this to my feature.XML and all is good

<CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand >OYA </CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)