FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Note 3 Developer Options Bug: "Transition Animation Scale"

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By sirbljm, Junior Member on 2nd October 2013, 07:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Good day people. I recently got the Note 3 and realized this annoying bug. I used the note 2 previously and turned off 3 developer options to make it run faster: "Window Animation Scale", "Transition Animation Scale" and "Animator Duration Scale". However when I turned the 3 options off on my note 3, after some time, the "Transition Animation Scale" will turn itself back on to the default of 1X. The other 2 options remain off. This "Transition Animation Scale" bug is really annoying and I wish to seek help on this matter. Thanks in advance.

2nd October 2013, 07:25 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
anyone?
2nd October 2013, 08:09 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
please help someone?
2nd October 2013, 10:16 AM |#4  
Flag Conowingo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Steps to reproduce?
Played around with it for 2-3 hours and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, Which model are you using, what method did you use to root. Is there a particular amount of time that leads to the Transition Scale reverting or is it possibly when the device is rebooted.

Being unable to reproduce so far I am guessing it's one of three things off the top of my head:
  • A system application is triggering a conflict requiring the default value.
  • The change is not being saved in a persistent state (reboot clears it)
  • A Timeout based on the setting not being applied as the file is in use ? (It's a long shot maybe reboot after change?)

See if you can't narrow down when the setting is returning to default so others can reproduce.
2nd October 2013, 10:43 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanepoet

Played around with it for 2-3 hours and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, Which model are you using, what method did you use to root. Is there a particular amount of time that leads to the Transition Scale reverting or is it possibly when the device is rebooted.

Being unable to reproduce so far I am guessing it's one of three things off the top of my head:

• A system application is triggering a conflict requiring the default value.
  • The change is not being saved in a persistent state (reboot clears it)
  • A Timeout based on the setting not being applied as the file is in use ? (It's a long shot maybe reboot after change?)

See if you can't narrow down when the setting is returning to default so others can reproduce.

okay i tried turning off "adaptive display" and it actually remained good for many hours. however after i used the camera, the same "Transition Animation Scale" bug appeared again. my device is SM-N9005 and not rooted whatsoever.
2nd October 2013, 11:01 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
ok im quite sure the culprit is the camera. when i change the camera mode from beauty face to auto, then i quit camera and open it again it will switch back to beauty face. how to fix this camera memory problem please? which in turn will fix the Transition Animation Scale
2nd October 2013, 12:09 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
somebody please check this out. it's a very apparent bug............... HELP
2nd October 2013, 01:38 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
please anybody help?
2nd October 2013, 02:45 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
still searching for answers. it's confirmed the camera is the one causing this. anybody got a fix?
3rd October 2013, 06:51 AM |#10  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbljm

somebody please check this out. it's a very apparent bug............... HELP

Same here, it should be a bug in the firmware. Apparently reading mode only works with adapt display and not the other 3 screen mode which is a bug too! Camera mode also lacks of Night mode which is available in S4
The Following User Says Thank You to bernard134 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bernard134 Ad-Free
3rd October 2013, 07:53 AM |#11  
Flag Conowingo
Thanks Meter: 1

More
First off relax, demanding help will get you no where especially when you are dealing with a brand new device and an issue that has not been dealt with before.

I'm glad to see you found the camera app is the culprit, i can take a look at it tomorrow and see if I can't find a workaround for the problem. Working on a stock base however our options may be limited. If you are able to reproduce the bug on demand I would also send a report to samsung dot com / support just to get it on their radar (Not saying it will help but hiccups like this usually get addressed in OTA's).

If you have a chance to check before i get back to you see if the change is effected by a reboot (i.e. change settings, reboot, verify settings) might require root to fix the bug. As well can you try another camera app and see if the problem occurs (will let me know if it is something being called from the built in camera apk).

Hopefully we'll get this sorted for you and anyone who runs into it in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to insanepoet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insanepoet Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)