FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SM-N900*] CF-Auto-Root

11,416 posts
Thanks Meter: 87,997
 
By Chainfire, Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 2nd October 2013, 07:56 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2014, 04:35 PM |#1591  
shaggyskunk's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,510
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_m3

mine just N900

found an answer here,http://androidcentral.us/2013/09/how...issue-on-kies/

cyanogenmod - twrp they have a different name for each device.

The reason why I'm asking is because - if there's a TWRP version for your device - You can just use Odin to flash the Recovery and it will install SuperSU for you - Then flash a custom Rom - and you can bypass the whole rooting process 😉

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
 
 
5th June 2014, 05:57 PM |#1592  
jay_m3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag tunis
Thanks Meter: 236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

cyanogenmod - twrp they have a different name for each device.

The reason why I'm asking is because - if there's a TWRP version for your device - You can just use Odin to flash the Recovery and it will install SuperSU for you - Then flash a custom Rom - and you can bypass the whole rooting process 😉

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Actually my phone was rooted so I wouldn't worry about warranty. I dont wanna lose my data so I will let custom rom option down and I'll go for stock rom plus odin, wot you think?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jay_m3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jay_m3 Ad-Free
5th June 2014, 05:59 PM |#1593  
shaggyskunk's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,510
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_m3

Actually my phone was rooted so I wouldn't worry about warranty. I dont wanna lose my data so I will let custom rom option down and I'll go for stock rom plus odin, wot you think?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sure you can do that - you could always use titanium to backup all your data and flash a custom TW Rom or AOSP - AND still have your data 😉

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 06:11 PM |#1594  
jay_m3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag tunis
Thanks Meter: 236
 
More
Ummm I used to use titanium backup but honestly l wasn't so convinced as I believe that restoring will bring old rom bugs..😊

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to jay_m3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jay_m3 Ad-Free
5th June 2014, 06:25 PM |#1595  
shaggyskunk's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag IDK
Thanks Meter: 15,510
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_m3

Ummm I used to use titanium backup but honestly l wasn't so convinced as I believe that restoring will bring old rom bugs..😊

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Only thing that you should NEVER restore with TB - Are ANY system apps or data

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_m3

Actually my phone was rooted so I wouldn't worry about warranty. I dont wanna lose my data so I will let custom rom option down and I'll go for stock rom plus odin, wot you think?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BTW - The reason that I suggested using Odin to flash TWRP is you can bypass CF Auto Root altogether

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
5th June 2014, 07:23 PM |#1596  
jay_m3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag tunis
Thanks Meter: 236
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggyskunk

Only thing that you should NEVER restore with TB - Are ANY system apps or data

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------



BTW - The reason that I suggested using Odin to flash TWRP is you can bypass CF Auto Root altogether

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

yep, i should get this done in 1st place, but what happened to me, my n900 was rooted, working like a charm, and i wanted to get updated to D1 PDA so i unrooted it from SU, made OTA update then i wanted to root it again with the same method, i mean CF root, however, it got stuck on odin flashing phase.. that's the whole story, and i am too lazy to re-install all apps so i've chosen to flash with stock ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to jay_m3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jay_m3 Ad-Free
10th June 2014, 04:34 AM |#1597  
darkhelio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
What's the best for att&t note 3 that is similar unlock and I use it on Mexico so is an international in other words and is the sm-n900a
10th June 2014, 06:02 AM |#1598  
darkhelio's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
In best words is an international phone because I use it on Mexico soi can use an international version?
10th June 2014, 09:23 AM |#1599  
Account currently disabled
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 272
 
Donate to Me
More
hi,

this doesnt work, i have run through the process 4-5 times, it just hangs saying loading recovery and nothing happens.
10th June 2014, 09:28 AM |#1600  
jaguaralani's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 640
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4D3

Help, I have accidently flashed the chainfire autoroot for my Galaxy S5 to my Note 3.....

I have flashed the chainfire autoroot for the note 3 over the top, but it is just sitting at the screen saying Recovery Booting and it hangs....

Please can someone help me asap!!!

Flash a stock firmware of your device

Sent from my SM-N9005
10th June 2014, 11:20 AM |#1601  
Account currently disabled
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 272
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguaralani

Flash a stock firmware of your device

Sent from my SM-N9005

hi i did that, and now back to instwalling this, it doesnt seem to do anything for me , it just hangs at recovery booting.

i have run through the process both ways 4-5 times each.

can someone help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes