FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

TunnelBear(VPN) doesnt play good whit Chromecast

248 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Karlo666, Senior Member on 4th October 2013, 07:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I changed my VPN provider(UnblockUS) because it wasnt working on some sections of GooglePlay (cant buy and watch movies(region lock)) but everything other was okay.
Now im using TunnelBear everything is fine but,when i set VPN On it connects to TunnelBear servers. Then my Chromecast dissapears from list of devices(in Chrome browser PC only). When i turn off VPN Chromecast device is back in list.
On other devices like my Find 5 or iPad 3 while connected to Tunnelbear VPN shows my Chromecast device fine.
I tryed to bridge soft adapter(TBear thing) to my LAN adapter but i lose VPN and cant use GooglePlay.

Any help to resolve this issue?
5th October 2013, 11:32 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
i'm having the exact same issue. moved from unblock.us to a different vpn this week and now i can't see my chromecast
8th October 2013, 04:53 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlo666

I changed my VPN provider(UnblockUS) because it wasnt working on some sections of GooglePlay (cant buy and watch movies(region lock)) but everything other was okay.
Now im using TunnelBear everything is fine but,when i set VPN On it connects to TunnelBear servers. Then my Chromecast dissapears from list of devices(in Chrome browser PC only). When i turn off VPN Chromecast device is back in list.
On other devices like my Find 5 or iPad 3 while connected to Tunnelbear VPN shows my Chromecast device fine.
I tryed to bridge soft adapter(TBear thing) to my LAN adapter but i lose VPN and cant use GooglePlay.

Any help to resolve this issue?

I am outside US. For me, I enable VPN (not using tunnelbear though), buy a movie, then disable the VPN, then cast. Does that work for you?
8th October 2013, 01:20 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kaštel Lukšić

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykphuah

I am outside US. For me, I enable VPN (not using tunnelbear though), buy a movie, then disable the VPN, then cast. Does that work for you?

I did tryed that and it doesnt work.
If i buy a movie and turn off VPN i cant cast it because it cant retrieve licence for playing.
Tryed that on phone/tablet and PC
9th October 2013, 01:05 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlo666

I did tryed that and it doesnt work.
If i buy a movie and turn off VPN i cant cast it because it cant retrieve licence for playing.
Tryed that on phone/tablet and PC

Did you change your credit card to US?

Just remove your current credit card, then add it back again, with a real zip code and phone number. Then wait 1-2 hours (at this time mine always show payment denied).

Now I am able to buy music without VPN even. For Movies I still need VPN though. But once its bought, I don't need VPN anymore for either.
10th October 2013, 03:11 AM |#6  
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Ninjas edited this.. Misinformation
31st October 2013, 02:52 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kaštel Lukšić

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ykphuah

Did you change your credit card to US?

Just remove your current credit card, then add it back again, with a real zip code and phone number. Then wait 1-2 hours (at this time mine always show payment denied).

Now I am able to buy music without VPN even. For Movies I still need VPN though. But once its bought, I don't need VPN anymore for either.

I can do all of that stuff whitout VPN but i cant Cast Movies/TV to my Chromecast device whitout VPN active.
1st November 2013, 05:27 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well...

Grammar...
4th November 2014, 07:14 AM |#9  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 264

More
yeah i kinda have the same problem, if i turn off tunnelbear, my chromecast can be detected from my phone, but once i turn on tunnelbear to access netflix, chromecast stops working..... =/

any workaround for this? its kinda the only reason i got a chromecast in the first place.....
4th November 2014, 07:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Technically you shouldn't expect this to work because the Chromecast has to be on the same LAN as the casting device, and when you use a VPN on the casting device you are putting it on a different LAN.

Not to mention that if you are using the VPN on the casting device to bypass geoblocking, then it probably wouldn't work even if you could see the Chromecast because the Chromecast also has to use the VPN to bypass geoblocking. You would have to set up the VPN in your router so that it affects both the casting device and the Chromecast. You can do that with advanced router firmware like DD-WRT, but not with most consumer routers using stock firmware.
27th November 2019, 09:54 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Suggestion
I have read through your issue of concern and I guess you should go for CyberGhost. It was established in Romania in the year 2011, by uniting a strong belief in confidentiality with German engineering to make a VPN that gives an anonymous, sage, and dependable service. It’s really simple to utilize, rapid connections, and variety of servers are just some of the numerous perks underlined in hundreds of positive user reviews. Go for https://vpn.review/set-up-chromecast-vpn/ today to learn a lot more. CyberGhost provides a 7-day free trial on Android and iOS, a Windows free trial, and a 45-day money-back assurance on all platforms. Just go for it as I don’t think so you will find anything else better than this one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)