FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Just got my XDA Exec - a few Qs

109 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By allanmb, Senior Member on 25th October 2005, 05:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Well, I am typing this message from my new Exec, and I have to say on the whole I am impressed. I have a few questions though:

1) Specs say 1.3Megapixel camera, but I have the option of 2MP mode, is this normal? Is it a software resolution increase?

2) The phone sometimes loses all reception and never reconnects until i turn on flight mode and then off again. Anybody else experience this?

3) Can I get rid of the damned O2 Active part? when i change screen orientation, it takes longer than i expected to redraw the screen. I think this is due to the O2 UI.

4) Finally, there is a button on the side with a lightbulb beside it, what is it supposed to do? mine doesn't appear to do anything...

Allan

25th October 2005, 07:35 PM |#2  
London, UK

More
allanmb,

1) Had not seen that option. Just took a picture when in 2mp mode. Picture is 1600x1280! Nice find!

2) A number of people have reported problems with the phone. Mine is working fine, as far as I can tell, but look on the forum and TG for more info.

3) O2A - If you look in Programs, you will see an app called Install Type. This allows you to change your installation on-the-fly. Select Basic, and that gives you all the right settings but without the O2a rubbish. There was an addition to this posted on Tekguru, that stops the nag screen from coming up when you restart. Unfortunately I can't connect to TG at the moment, so I can't give you the link.

4) The button with the lightbulb. As far as I know, this is supposed to toggle the screen backlight on\off. I think it only works on battery, though I have to admit that I haven't tried this.
25th October 2005, 07:52 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gateshead

More
Thanks for the reply. A few additonal comments below:

1) Glad to be of help, the pics look good in 2MP mode too :)

2) I may have found something by mistake. I have switched my phone band from auto to gsm. So far so good...

3) Excellent, its sooo much faster now! The O2A stuff is quite nice, but it is waaaay too slow. And I bet that is the reason we had to wait an extra few months for the hardware to come out!

4) I found some info in another thread: The button turns the backlight on if it has timed out. It doesnt turn off the backlight tho. A bit weird to have a button just to do this, but hey.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)