This is primarily for D802 users. However, people with other variants have had some issues and asked for help, so I have added some files here to help them as well.
1) You must be rooted.
2) Then download one of the following files:
- Download the D802 img file here.
- Download the AT&T img file here.
- Download the VZW img file here.
- Download the automated D802 file here.
- Download the automated AT&T file here.
- Download the automated VZW file here.
- Download the ZIP if flashing from a different TWRP version, or CWM: D802, AT&T, VZW
Themes - Samurai Champloo
Download the theme itself here.
Download the Flashable ZIP of the theme here.
Download the Flashable D802 TWRP 188.8.131.52 and theme here.
- Download the D802 img file here, or the latest official software F320K img file here.
- Download the automated D802 file here, or the latest automated official software F320K file here.
- Download the ZIP if flashing from a different TWRP version, or CWM: D802, F320K, TMO, VZW
1) Extract the contents of the RAR file.
2) Double-click "Install.bat".
3) Prompt will open, click any button to proceed.
4) RSA Fingerprint message will appear on the phone (accept).
5) After installation procedure, type "y" and press enter to reboot into recovery!
1st Manual Method: Initiate ADB and use the following code.
REPLACE "XXX" WITH THE ACTUAL IMG NAME! DO NOT TYPE THE ORANGE WRITING! adb push XXX.img /data/local/tmp/XXX.img adb shell IF YOU DONT SEE A # prompt, type su to get it. cd /data/local/tmp dd if=/data/local/tmp/XXX.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery Be sure to replace "data/local/tmp" with the actual place your img is stored. exit adb reboot recovery
REPLACE "XXX" WITH THE ACTUAL IMG NAME! DO NOT TYPE THE ORANGE WRITING! su dd if=/data/local/tmp/XXX.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery (Be sure to replace "data/local/tmp" with the actual place your img is stored.)
INSTALL THEME MANUALLY
1) Connect your phone to your PC.
2) Go into your "internal storage" (internal SD card).
3) Find and open the TWRP folder.
4) Add a folder called "theme".
5) Place the ui.zip into the "theme" folder.
Method 1: Hold the power button + volume down button until the LG image appears. Once it does let go of the buttons then immediately push and hold them again until recovery boots.
NOTE: The method above will arrive at the "hard reset" area, but when choosing hard reset, it will take you to TWRP (without actually resetting).
Method 2: Download the free app "Rebooter" from Google Play. If you have root, you will be able to select to reboot into recovery (among other options).
SLOW WIPE CACHE FIX
1) Once in TWRP, go into Settings.
2) Check off the box, "Use rm -rf instead of formatting."
3) Go back and now go into Wipe.
4) Wipe Cache (or another option with wiping cache).
Credit: Credit goes to Dees_Troy and wolfgart, djrbliss who made all recoveries for this phone possible, WACOMalt for his steps, and thecubed for his auto-install code.
- To access USB-OTG devices, go into the desired area (Install, Backup, or Restore). Select "Internal Storage" at the top. Press your USB-OTG device. It may take a second to show as selected on the screen. Once selected, press OK.
- If your device does not show up, you can first try going to Mount and check off the USB-OTG box. If it doesn't allow you to check the box, then it doesn't support that device.
- Folder Name - There is an "issue" with the date and time . This issue is reflected in the backup folder names. There are two options to change a backup folder name:
- Go into recovery and select Restore. Select the folder you wish to rename. There should now be an option to change the backup folder name.
- Go into your TWRP folder by connecting to a PC or using a file explorer and change the backup folder name.
- Time Zone - The time zone may be wrong but can be changed in Settings.
- Please always include with whether you are rooted or not.
- Please always include the variant you are using.
- Please always include the method you used.
- Please always explain what happened in as much detail as possible.
- Anything else that may be relevant.