By Esjolund, Junior Member on 6th October 2013, 10:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd November 2013, 10:28 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Prompt
Quote:
Originally Posted by robhuffster

In DFS you can read and write pretty much anything except mdn min which I have figured out how to do now. I figured out how to enable the hidden menu and the iot hidden menu on this phone. I cant take the credit though. Adam Outler came up with the script for the note 2 Verizon but it works like a champ and now I have a fully flashed note 3 without getting the msl from sprint working on cricket.

Heres the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2077653

but ill post what I did.

adb shell
su
am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://HIDDENMENUENABLE (then select enable hidden menu)
am broadcast -a android.provider.Telephony.SECRET_CODE -d android_secret_code://IOTHIDDENMENU (and here you go a menu to enable diag edit mdn and min and some other features.

And I just want to thank adam as well for all the great work he has put into all the Samsung devices.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

If anyone has figured out the msl yet I would love to hear but its nice that its not needed to flash to other carriers

thats cool that we can edit the min and mdn but how do you edit the esn or do you not need to once you edit min and mdn? dfs tools wont let me edit anything with this phone it says : when i try to read anything?

get sec code cps error bad spc mode

3rd November 2013, 05:03 PM |#72  
Flag Salt Lake
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus441

thats cool that we can edit the min and mdn but how do you edit the esn or do you not need to once you edit min and mdn? dfs tools wont let me edit anything with this phone it says : when i try to read anything?

get sec code cps error bad spc mode

OK sorry I forgot to mention that in dfs when you send the 16digit sp you must also make sure that ignoreSPC is also selected that will let you do what you need to do
3rd November 2013, 06:05 PM |#73  

More
Prompt thank you thank you :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robhuffster

OK sorry I forgot to mention that in dfs when you send the 16digit sp you must also make sure that ignoreSPC is also selected that will let you do what you need to do

you are officially the most coolest guy i ever met it worked! You are a genius my friend! now lets see if i can flash this baby

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

[QUOTE=robhuffster;47081256]OK sorry I forgot to mention that in dfs when you send the 16digit sp you must also make sure that ignoreSPC is also selected that will let you do what you need to do[/QUOT

Okay DFS tools is reading the phone with 16 digit sp and ignore spc but when i want to write the meid or esn it does not stick and SPC/MSL becomes the issue again. Why is it doing this im running dfs tools 13.9.29.0 demo do you have any ideas to why its not letting me write robhuffster? the log is what shows below again i did use the ignore spc option and used 16 digit pass 2012112120131219

SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM19) Complete
DEVICE UNLOCKED
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
SET MEID CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET PAP_USER_ID CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET HDR_AN_AUTH_NAI CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET PPP_USER_ID CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET HDR_AN_AUTH_PASSWD_LONG CPS_ERROR BAD_PARAM
GET DS_MIP_SS_USER_PROF CPS_ERROR BAD_PARAM
GET DS_MIP_DMU_MN_AUTH CPS_ERROR BAD_PARAM
GET DS_MIP_SS_USER_PROF CPS_ERROR BAD_PARAM
GET DS_MIP_DMU_MN_AUTH CPS_ERROR BAD_PARAM
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
GET FSC CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET OTKSL CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET FSC CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET OTKSL CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
GET SEC_CODE CPS_ERROR BAD_SPC_MODE
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
4th November 2013, 03:18 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Cool
---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------
I'd say do a search for Sprint Chat. I've tried ever which as well. here's my 3 mins conversation:

Jonah O.: Thank you for contacting Sprint, my name is Jonah O.. I am happy to help you today.
Jonah O.: Hi ****
You: great. thanks
You: hello how's your evening?
Jonah O.: It is good.
You: Please provide my SPC 6 digit code.. Im having issue with apps. Im a developer with Rack Space. thank you.
Jonah O.: I understand that you need the 6 digits security code for your phone on the line ***-***-****.
You: yes sir it is. thanks.
Jonah O.: I sure will be glad to provide you with information and it is ******.
You: Great.. I hope now I can complete my project before Wednesday. have a great week.
Jonah O.: Thank you
Jonah O.: Based on our conversation today, do you feel I have resolved your issue?
You: yes. sir. i will provide a 10 for your assistance.
Jonah O.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: no sir this will do . have a great evening.

that was easy.. OMG. not its ON!!!!!!!
4th November 2013, 04:36 AM |#75  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compudizzal

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------
I'd say do a search for Sprint Chat. I've tried ever which as well. here's my 3 mins conversation:

Jonah O.: Thank you for contacting Sprint, my name is Jonah O.. I am happy to help you today.
Jonah O.: Hi ****
You: great. thanks
You: hello how's your evening?
Jonah O.: It is good.
You: Please provide my SPC 6 digit code.. Im having issue with apps. Im a developer with Rack Space. thank you.
Jonah O.: I understand that you need the 6 digits security code for your phone on the line ***-***-****.
You: yes sir it is. thanks.
Jonah O.: I sure will be glad to provide you with information and it is ******.
You: Great.. I hope now I can complete my project before Wednesday. have a great week.
Jonah O.: Based on our conversation today, do you feel I have resolved your issue?
You: yes. sir. i will provide a 10 for your assistance.
Jonah O.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
You: no sir this will do . have a great evening.

that was easy.. OMG. not its ON!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadricksimms

I just use sprint chat first time and told them that I was a developer and I just got the phone today which was true and I needed my MSL code and they gave it to me right away no problem

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I'm glad to hear that and that its worked out for you but I've tried several times telling them I'm a developer to telling them I need to reset the phone or program some settings the require the msl with no luck to the point where ive given up asking them because they start asking right away for the 10 digit pin number or security question and since its a bad esn phone i do not have it but just the number and name of the previous user. At first they would only say that they couldn't give me the msl because the device was not currently activated run around and unable to msl unless it was. Then I guess it got red flagged along the way or something because I did ask different reps through the chat for the msl where now they immediately ask for that pin or security question. All in all even if I did get spc or msl I'm having a hard time getting any program to write meid/esn to stick on the phone every time I try to change the meid/esn it reverts back qxdm use to be a good tool for this using the 16 digit pass code but like i said it fails as well as using dfs tools although with dfs tools I'm only using the 16 digit pass it does say it requires the msl as well so now I'm stuck til I can get the msl or a program that would effectively write the meid/esn successfully on this newly secured phone. My goal is to flash it to boost which is owned by Sprint it was a piece of cake to do with the Note 2 and galaxy s2 before it but at least retrieving msl was not difficult for those phones or let alone writing the meid/esn using qxdm if someone who is knowledgeable in this please help me. I appreciate the input others have given on here. Robhuffster and insane 209 and every one else who has contributed but I'm still in the dug out on this one.
4th November 2013, 01:27 PM |#76  
Flag Modesto, ca
Thanks Meter: 429

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus441

I'm glad to hear that and that its worked out for you but I've tried several times telling them I'm a developer to telling them I need to reset the phone or program some settings the require the msl with no luck to the point where ive given up asking them because they start asking right away for the 10 digit pin number or security question and since its a bad esn phone i do not have it but just the number and name of the previous user. At first they would only say that they couldn't give me the msl because the device was not currently activated run around and unable to msl unless it was. Then I guess it got red flagged along the way or something because I did ask different reps through the chat for the msl where now they immediately ask for that pin or security question. All in all even if I did get spc or msl I'm having a hard time getting any program to write meid/esn to stick on the phone every time I try to change the meid/esn it reverts back qxdm use to be a good tool for this using the 16 digit pass code but like i said it fails as well as using dfs tools although with dfs tools I'm only using the 16 digit pass it does say it requires the msl as well so now I'm stuck til I can get the msl or a program that would effectively write the meid/esn successfully on this newly secured phone. My goal is to flash it to boost which is owned by Sprint it was a piece of cake to do with the Note 2 and galaxy s2 before it but at least retrieving msl was not difficult for those phones or let alone writing the meid/esn using qxdm if someone who is knowledgeable in this please help me. I appreciate the input others have given on here. Robhuffster and insane 209 and every one else who has contributed but I'm still in the dug out on this one.

try asking foxf&f think he knows a method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4788585
this was his thread but got MODERATOR EDITED....http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485764
4th November 2013, 05:47 PM |#77  
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane209

try asking foxf&f think he knows a method: http://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=4788585
this was his thread but got MODERATOR EDITED....http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485764

Sounds like its time to fork out the cash or hit up craigslist for a good ESN phone. Sorry with KNOX and new boot loader I dont have any options to help ya.
4th November 2013, 06:19 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
I think I got my MSL - not sure. Sprint gave me a number when they wanted to program my phone. How many characters, combination of characters should it be? Does this format look right ##XXXXXX# (where the Xs are numbers)?
4th November 2013, 07:05 PM |#79  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail_flicker

I think I got my MSL - not sure. Sprint gave me a number when they wanted to program my phone. How many characters, combination of characters should it be? Does this format look right ##XXXXX# (where the Xs are numbers)?

Msl is a 6 digit pass code specific to each phone in programming your device so yeah that would be your MSL/spc.
The Following User Says Thank You to cyrus441 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cyrus441 Ad-Free
4th November 2013, 08:07 PM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 328

More
Thanks, I was pretty sure. Heh, heh, heh. As soon as they started saying it I started typing - then I keyed it in.
5th November 2013, 05:19 AM |#81  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toenail_flicker

Thanks, I was pretty sure. Heh, heh, heh. As soon as they started saying it I started typing - thn I keyed it in.

At least they were willing to give you the msl as for me they want to give me the run around before they give it to me asking for information I Do not have such as security questions to the account. I wigan a developer would get on this already so it could be achieved already
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)