Deprecated-> This thread is about learning to build your own ROM following the instructions in post #2.
Quick Change Log
- 10/21 - Updated guide to reflect Android version 6.0.0_r1. No ROM for download (at this time).
- 1/17 - Updated build with official 5.0.2 Binaries. Fixed Browser "Settings" crash.
- 12/19 - Updated my Flo builds to Android 5.0.2_r1
- 12/9 - Updated my Flo build. Will not be doing a Deb Build any more.
- 12/2 @GROGG88 has updated his builds. I have not! I will update tomorrow. I did however get thefactory stock rooted ROM up HERE!
- 11/18 - @GROGG88 and I have joined forces to create two ROMS! I will be creating PURE AOSP ROMS and he will be creating Modified ROMS with many useful features! Each ROM can als be user built because all commits are shared in post #2!!!
- 11/15 - B8 - Updated the 5.0.0_r6. Deb is only using preview binaries due to lack of final binary files.
- 11/14 - B7 - Updated the 5.0.0_r5. Deb is only using preview binaries due to lack of final binary files.
- 11/10 - B6 - File system install instead of block install, Added Google Location Services to framework, Fixed a root issue that couple DEB users were having
- 11/9 - B5 - Changed wallpaper again. Fixed stock recovery at source level (Thanks to @Gnome and @GROGG88)
- 11/8 - B4 - Changed wallpaper to android 5 Wallpaper, fixed reverting to stock recovery (No need for save-recovery.zip), pre-rooted boot.img (No need for extra boot.img!)
- 11/7 - B3 - Removed it. Bad files. Reverted back to Build 2.
- 11/5 - B2 -- Fixed MTP bug that google has left in every version of AOSP, made ROM recovery flashable and added 2 zips to the OP
- 11/4 - B1 - Update to 5.0.0_r2. PC install via fastboot
- Root by @Chainfire HERE!
- Gapps for Lollipop HERE! There may be others so shop around!
- Stericson's Busybox in flashable zip format is attached! Thanks to @Stericson for the binaries!