[L7][Recovery] TWRP Recovery v2.6.3.0

Search This thread

tudorsirb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2010
Timisoara
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Phone look:
AgsV.png

Notes about encrypted backups:
Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
P700

Instalation:

Flash via CWM.

BUGS:

none so far

Contributors
Dees_Troy, bigbiff

Last edited:

TrivialPanPan

Aug 2, 2011
Mantes-la-Jolie
Thanks a lot!! That's a wonderful surprise!!!
Good job OP!! I try it now! :fingers-crossed:

Edit: I keep it! TWRP is really nice!

Last edited:

miki89

May 21, 2010
Belgrade
@tudorsirb in Recovery when you tried to install something from Phone memory, Recovery shows folder "0" on Phone memory as a main foleder of Internal (a.k.a. Phone) memory.. Can you change that destination on "sdcard0" because like this, you can not pick anything from sdcard0 to install, if that is not in "0" folder on sdcard0 memory.. :) Sorry on bad English, i hope you understand.. :D

tudorsirb

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2010
Timisoara
@tudorsirb in Recovery when you tried to install something from Phone memory, Recovery shows folder "0" on Phone memory as a main foleder of Internal (a.k.a. Phone) memory.. Can you change that destination on "sdcard0" because like this, you can not pick anything from sdcard0 to install, if that is not in "0" folder on sdcard0 memory.. :) Sorry on bad English, i hope you understand.. :D

0 is the default destination on 4.3. If you are on older ROMs create that folder.

L5 is out of the question because I don't have that phone to test and a bad recovery bricks your phone pretty bad.

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto
Great Recovery, Thanks! One question tho, all the ROMs come with CWM so is there a way i can keep TWRP through flashing ROM's / Kernels?

Last edited:

anwarkhan25

Oct 25, 2012
Toronto
I just restored a backup to test this. Can you be more specific on your problem?

Basically i made a full wipe (system, data, cache & dalvik cache) and then tried restoring my backup i made just a hour or so ago. It starts, but restoring data starts and stays for a while but then after ~5 mins at the top it says Finished and under it says Failed. just to be on the safe side, i didnt reboot into system. I just flashed back to vanir. It's my first time playing with backups so it might be my fault somewhere. thankss!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Phone look:
    AgsV.png

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    P700

Instalation:

Flash via CWM.

BUGS:

none so far

Contributors
    Dees_Troy, bigbiff
    It should be compatible with p705.

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app
    If device is off... How to come into TWRP? Same as CWM?

Yup

Sent from my LG-p705 using Tapatalk
    I really new to whole LG development. I have LG Optimus L7 II. Would this work on that device?

Thanks!

This is not compatible with P710 (L7 II). Here is a CWM for P710. This is not my work. I am only directing you to a link for P710. I am not resposable for any damage to your phone. I did not test this,
    This is not compatible with P710 (L7 II). Here is a CWM for P710. This is not my work. I am only directing you to a link for P710. I am not resposable for any damage to your phone. I did not test this,

;):good: