Remove All Ads from XDA

unexpected increase in admob revenue

88 posts
Thanks Meter: 7

By ankur.walia, Member on 10th October 2013, 02:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello friends,
i use admob for for my apps(for oonetization), which is my second app
i was using only banner ads in the starting, while using that,i only used to get $1-$2 per day only..
then i added interstitial ads also in the same app.after that revenue increased to $10 per day!!
i want to know is this normal?
my ecpm - $0.33
fill rate -99.71%
ctr -0.46, most of my ad clicks and downlaods are from US.does this affect this?
thanks in advance

10th October 2013, 09:10 AM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitlinM

It's normal on any ad network for interstitials to perform better than banners. I would recommend avoiding a banners-only approach for almost all apps. Here's some stats from AppFlood.

In this experiment, the blogger did the math for a CPC campaign with a $0.3 bid and a CPI campaign with a $3.00 bid, both based on 100,000 impressions. For the CPC campaign, banner ads earned $9.60 and interstitials earned $1,024.40. That's huge! And in the CPI campaign banners earned nothing and interstitials earned $96.

Then check out AppFlood's August click-through-rates, 0.23% for banners and 5.70% for interstitials.

AppFlood also has some other nice ad formats like app lists and panels, and rich media is on its way soon. Hope that clears it up!

thank you very much
i was afraid that it ws getting false clicks or something and my admob account will get banned...
thnks
15th November 2013, 09:16 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur.walia

hello friends,
i was using only banner ads in the starting, while using that,i only used to get $1-$2 per day only..
then i added interstitial ads also in the same app.after that revenue increased to $10 per day!!
my ecpm - $0.33
fill rate -99.71%
ctr -0.46, most of my ad clicks and downlaods are from US.does this affect this?
thanks in advance

Hi,
This is normal as ecpm is higher with Admob interstitials (but fill rate is lower), US clicks have a very good ecpm, all this explains why you get that, Don't forget the effect of increasing number of users that will bring more revenue too. I recommend you using mediation with other ad networks like MMedia or InMobi
18th February 2014, 09:59 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
wow.. that's great.. I don't have a good experience using interstitial.. my uninstall rate is higher since using interstitial.. so, I'm just using banner for my prospecting top apps now
20th February 2014, 06:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
You just need to be careful with the interstitials. If you show them too often, or at an annoying time for the user then your uninstall rate will obviously increase. On exit is probably the least intrusive, and limit the number shown to a max of one or two a session.
29th June 2015, 11:19 AM |#6  
Flag Potsdam
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellissimo75

You just need to be careful with the interstitials. If you show them too often, or at an annoying time for the user then your uninstall rate will obviously increase. On exit is probably the least intrusive, and limit the number shown to a max of one or two a session.

On exit is a pretty bad idea, although many devs fall for this. It will result in a very low CTR and is actually against the AdMob TOS:
Quote:

Do not place interstitial ads on app load and when exiting apps as interstitials should only be placed in between pages of app content.

(support.google.com/admob/answer/6201362)
1st July 2015, 09:27 PM |#7  
San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by monetizerPro

We tested over 30 different ad provider and mediation networks and can say Appodeal
is by far the best monetization plattform with the highest revenue and fillrates.

Take a look at our stats from the last days:

The eCPM is ALWAYS between $ 10 and $ 30! Thats the highest eCPM we've ever seen.
The SDK is very easy to integrate! Appodeal serve ads based on revenue.

See the stats. There is nothing more to say

Have heard great things about Appodeal.
26th August 2015, 04:54 AM |#8  
Flag Ha Noi
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It is normal
I think the increase is reasonable
- Interstitial ads are always known to be more effective in reaching the customers and calling to their actions (download or install). So by using it, you actually gets more downloads for the advertisers, which bring you more money. However, Interstitial ads are also known to be intrusive if used carelessly. It may harm the user experience in a long run. So be mindful with that.
- Your app can be good and it attracts users gradually. --> more people exposed to your app.

However, I recommend that you use several mobile ads network at a time to maximize your revenue.
I have tried using Adsota, Appstart, Revmob, Airpush and only adsota seems to work well for me. ITs eCPM is decent, quick and smooth SDK integration, quick payment. You will earn more with it. You can find by googling "ads.appota"
Best of luck.
14th February 2019, 06:09 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Increase Admob Revenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur.walia

hello friends,
my ecpm - $0.33
fill rate -99.71%
thanks in advance

It is Good Sir you don't worry for that but I think you Earning is not so good to you need to increase your revenue by Keyword research and by good Apps Like Shayari Apps for For More Check TechnicalArp site in Google
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)