FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Smartwatch 2 problems

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By shaz2sxy, Senior Member on 12th October 2013, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
got a couple of problems with my smartwatch 2

1) its starting to lift from the power button area?

2) calender is a day out of sync?
The Following User Says Thank You to shaz2sxy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shaz2sxy Ad-Free

12th October 2013, 03:49 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
I have the first problem as well... So I've brought mine back... See if a new one has the same problem....

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
13th October 2013, 03:25 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have the same problem, do you know if its typical?

When i press the back of the watch it moves as pictured

14th October 2013, 07:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My SW2 arrived today. It works perfectly and I love it but it is lifting the same as yours. My was a gift from Clove in UK (I'm in Australia) and I can't be bothered sending it back. I'm going to put a couple of drops of Superglue on it to hold it down.
14th October 2013, 07:18 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 340

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaz2sxy

got a couple of problems with my smartwatch 2

1) its starting to lift from the power button area?

2) calender is a day out of sync?

Got the same issue, instead to return it back I removed it from the metal frame and applied myself the glue. Now is perfect!
14th October 2013, 07:27 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAddYE

Got the same issue, instead to return it back I removed it from the metal frame and applied myself the glue. Now is perfect!

Made some pics from the inside?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
14th October 2013, 07:31 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 340

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiel

No but is dead simple is a 1 single piece of hardware embedded in the metal frame with (weak) glue.

You just need to press from the bottom (where there written CE 0682 .. Sony and and so on) with your thumbs, first from the side of the power button and then from the other side.

That's it, add a bit of new glue.

Total time to do that 2 minutes (the time I had to wait my uber cab )
14th October 2013, 11:54 AM |#8  
Flag Lille
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Same problem here and same idea: pick some glue and now it's perfect.
15th October 2013, 08:48 AM |#9  
SmartWatch 2 taken apart for glueing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiel

Here you go

Glue, well, as far as I can tell this is just a black version of the silicone you have in your bathroom. It's like rubber when scraped/peeled off.

The question is: Is there a reason for this choice? Did they use this to be able to service it later?

If you use Super Glue, you'll never be able to take it apart again. Regular contact glue? The glue used to repair a flat bicycle tyre (Cement something) or just silicone like they did?

When poking ever so gently with a tiny flathead screwdriver along the underside of the screen, I can tell they have a similar silicone seal between the screen and the body. In time, this could probably be cut a bit and pried open with a small box cutter or some other method to remove the screen to replace the battery. It's of course much too new of a product for iFixit to have a repair guide yet, much less anyone selling spare parts. I'll look for a disassembly article/video at regular intervals. Until then and to be on the safe side, I'm staying away from Super Glue or the Epoxy I've got lying around and going to try something less permanent. Worst case scenario: it won't hold it together, and I'll just have to redo it with something stronger, but that's not too much of an inconvenience to me.

EDIT: Having scraped off some of the excess glue, I then re-assembled it using a thin layer of contact glue on both the watch and the case sides and waited 2 minutes. Assembled I can still smell the solvent, which is great, since that means its evaporating, instead of remaining wet like inside the glue tube. Heat resistant to 60 degrees celsius, which hopefully means that, if necessary, it can be heated a bit with a blow dryer and pushed apart.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SW2 inside.jpg
Views:	4094
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2326079  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adso3000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Adso3000 Ad-Free
17th October 2013, 03:22 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same here, 2 days and starting to come away, dont really want to glue myself incase anything else goes wrong with it, would probably invalidate the warranty.
17th October 2013, 03:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanders64

same here, 2 days and starting to come away, dont really want to glue myself incase anything else goes wrong with it, would probably invalidate the warranty.

same for me, contacted Sony and the clock is gone for repair.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)