1. First of all your device should be rooted with SuperOneClick or any other method (if you don't know how to do it search on google)
2. Download Flipout System Recovery from the market.
3. Download CM7 ROM here.
4. Download Google Apps here
5. Put both the CM7 ROM and the Google Apps on the root of the sdcard.
6. Open FlipOut Recovery and select Install Recovery System. Grant it superuser permission. After that select Recovery Boot
7. Wipe data, cache and open Advanced and wipe Dalvik cache
8. Select "install zip from sdcard" - "choose zip from sdcard" - select the CM7 ROM and go to - yes - and wait until finish installation, then use the same procedure to install the Google Apps.
9. Repeat step ''7'' again
10. Reboot and enjoy CM7.
I didn't have any problem(s) doing it so I hope it goes smoothly for you
Note: If it ain't broken don't fix it
Here are some screenshots
somewhere in africa