FORUMS

Motorola Charm update to CM7 (Android v2.3.7 gingerbread)

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By raymondadutwum, Member on 14th October 2013, 11:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I recently updated my Charm to CM7 and I thought I should share with you guys.

1. First of all your device should be rooted with SuperOneClick or any other method (if you don't know how to do it search on google)

2. Download Flipout System Recovery from the market.

3. Download CM7 ROM here.
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_9PV...xport=download

4. Download Google Apps here
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B_9PV...xport=download

5. Put both the CM7 ROM and the Google Apps on the root of the sdcard.

6. Open FlipOut Recovery and select Install Recovery System. Grant it superuser permission. After that select Recovery Boot

7. Wipe data, cache and open Advanced and wipe Dalvik cache

8. Select "install zip from sdcard" - "choose zip from sdcard" - select the CM7 ROM and go to - yes - and wait until finish installation, then use the same procedure to install the Google Apps.

9. Repeat step ''7'' again

10. Reboot and enjoy CM7.

I didn't have any problem(s) doing it so I hope it goes smoothly for you

Note: If it ain't broken don't fix it

Here are some screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381789143593.jpg
Views:	2464
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	2325223

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381789175473.jpg
Views:	2505
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	2325225

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1381789246439.jpg
Views:	2283
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	2325228

somewhere in africa
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to raymondadutwum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raymondadutwum Ad-Free
20th October 2013, 06:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It works but in the app we have the Fm and the rootexplorer app in chinese
21st October 2013, 04:00 PM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunezfuente

It works but in the app we have the Fm and the rootexplorer app in chinese

for the root explorer replace it with this (attachment) but for the FM you have to bear with it.

Please could you upload this folder(system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default) and write your network providers name.
am trying to create a universal baseband switcher app.
Sorry to bother you
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer-2.14.2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (218.3 KB, 614 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raymondadutwum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raymondadutwum Ad-Free
24th October 2013, 04:55 AM |#4  
Flag Black Mesa :P
Thanks Meter: 68

More
hello friend, I want to install this 2.3.6 gb my MB502 charm, but in steps, the market can not find any "Flipout System Recovery"

I have understood that this recovery is only for "motorola flipout", there is a section in the forum where they mentioned "FlipOut Recovery (CWM based v2.5.1.2)" does not mention charm, motorola charm MB502 is "[PORT] [CWM v5.0.2.6] Boostrapped Recovery for Charm and Flipside "or am I wrong?

24th October 2013, 03:13 PM |#5  
OP Member

More
incase you haven't noticed, Flipout and Charm share certain qualities because they're both Motorola phones besides why do you think this forum is under Flipout and Charm General.
just install the app and follow the instructions above, you should have no problems.
and i'll be very gratefull if you could help me with my research(check above). Please!
here is the app. enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: apk Flipout System Recovery 1.0.0.3_1003.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.86 MB, 964 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to raymondadutwum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raymondadutwum Ad-Free
25th October 2013, 09:26 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
do you have the default background ? i set a background ,and it dont set back to default
25th October 2013, 01:03 PM |#7  
OP Member

More
make the number of homescreen 1 and set the desktop configuration for ''4 corners'' under the homescreen in the pereference from the background.
you can use this for the wallpaper (attachment)
guys help me out(above)
Attached Files
File Type: apk GOMultipleWallpaper 1.4_8.apk - [Click for QR Code] (815.1 KB, 260 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raymondadutwum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raymondadutwum Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 07:44 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Hello friend .. even I do not install it cm7 it wanted that I was helping myself with folder (system/etc/motorola/bp_nvm_default) of t-mobile my this cel liberated and I use it with the telephony tigo colombia ... I am grateful for his response to him
31st October 2013, 08:18 PM |#9  
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
What works and what doesn't work?

edit: I went ahead and flashed and so far so good but i noticed that it's only 2g. Anyway to switch it to 3g or is this a bug?
31st October 2013, 09:55 PM |#10  
Flag Black Mesa :P
Thanks Meter: 68

More
I've worked some things just do not work properly,

1. In the text message box, when you have text messaging on it, when you hit menu button gives FC.

2. No LED notifications work on haptic buttons, so it is impossible to know if you have received a missed call or text message.

NOTE: As a note I recommend making a backup of "system / etc / motorola / bp_nvm_default" because if not for your country will lose the signal.
31st October 2013, 11:24 PM |#11  
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Seem like it picks up 3g but doesnt reflect on the status bar also the status bar doesnt update so everything just overlaps. only way to get rid of the overlapping is to hold power button and hit reboot and the status bar will refresh and did notice the messaging app closes when one hits menu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)