FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[apk] Google Maps 6.14.4

226 posts
Thanks Meter: 86
 
By soadzoor, Senior Member on 16th October 2013, 09:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I dont know what you guys think about the new maps, but I think it sux.. It's slower,uglier, and especially the street view with compass mode became slow and choppy. It was perfect,and now it's not enjoyable. So I decided to go back to a previous version,now it works perfectly, here it is.

cheers


UPDATE: I found this thread useful, especially for those who don't have root access on their phone. You can install this modded apk as a regular app, no need to disable the new maps and no need to have root. You can use old maps and new maps simultaneously. Check it out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49889624
I don't take any credits for this, thank for those guys in that thread.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Maps_6.14.4.zip - [Click for QR Code] (6.59 MB, 14425 views)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to soadzoor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soadzoor Ad-Free
 
 
23rd October 2013, 11:53 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soadzoor

I dont know what you guys think about the new maps, but I think it sux.. It's slower,uglier, and especially the street view with compass mode became slow and choppy. It was perfect,and now it's not enjoyable. So I decided to go back to a previous version,now it works perfectly, here it is.

cheers

Just what i was looking for. Does this install the navigation part as well?

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to treetop777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift treetop777 Ad-Free
24th October 2013, 08:54 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetop777

Just what i was looking for. Does this install the navigation part as well?

Thanks.

Yepp, I think so
The Following User Says Thank You to soadzoor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift soadzoor Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 05:05 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soadzoor

Yepp, I think so

It does!

Thanks.
21st November 2013, 09:43 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Cool
thanks
30th November 2013, 12:49 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
THANKS FOR SHARING!

The new maps was actually crashing after the recent update, so going back to this version will work best for me!
8th December 2013, 04:57 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hello Folks,

great to that I'm not allone with my constrains about the new maps Version. does anybody know, if the Version 6.14.4 is running on jelly bean 4.3?

the Installation of apk file fails. are there any hints for me?

best regards
ceffi
8th December 2013, 05:34 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceffi

hello Folks,

great to that I'm not allone with my constrains about the new maps Version. does anybody know, if the Version 6.14.4 is running on jelly bean 4.3?

the Installation of apk file fails. are there any hints for me?

best regards
ceffi

Try putting the apk in the /system/app folder and rebooting.
8th December 2013, 06:50 PM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
helo treetop777

thx 4 helping. should I deinstall and deactivate the main 7.x version before reinstalltion of 6.14?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

sorry I forgot, my device isn't rooted.
8th December 2013, 07:14 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag United States
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceffi

helo treetop777

thx 4 helping. should I deinstall and deactivate the main 7.x version before reinstalltion of 6.14?

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

sorry I forgot, my device isn't rooted.

Not being rooted limits your options (a nice way to say you're dead in the water). On my tablet, the option to uninstall updates and deactivate the maps app wasn't available so what i did was cut the maps 7 apk out of /system/app and moved it to the SD card. Then copied this apk into /system/app and rebooted. The maps icon wasn't in the app drawer so i though it didn't installed but for some reason i went to the market (play store) and there was an option to "activate" it under "my apps". When i went back to the app drawer, both maps and navigation was there now.

It's no guaranty this would work on 4.3 (i'm on 4.2.2) but by not being rooted, you can't even try. Do a little more searching, i found 2 apk's in different places on the web, it just happens i tried this on first and it worked.

Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to treetop777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift treetop777 Ad-Free
8th December 2013, 10:03 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
it should work on 4.3 , yes, it also works on 4.4 kitkat (nexus 5), I tested it myself. Root is needed, though, I dont know how to install it without root..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes