FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][ODIN]SPH-L720 MF9 (MF9 Modem/Kernel/Bootloader/ROM - No Data Wipe - Rooted)

4,643 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,874

By rwilco12, Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep on 16th October 2013, 02:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
First, a HUGE thanks goes @garwynn for being my partner through all of this and then to @sfhub for teaching me how to create Odin One-Click.exe files and creating the original thread I'm using as a template for this one, @agat63 for helping me get the hang of what sfhub started teaching me, @MoHoGalore for helping test and put together so many of these one-clicks, @crawrj for providing the TAR I used to compile the one-click, and to everyone else in our community who makes this possible!

This Odin One-Click.exe contains a Rooted Stock MF9 ROM, Bootloader, Kernel and Modem for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 (SPH-L720).

The only changes to the ROM from the initial build released by Samsung are that root access has been added along with SuperSU and BusyBox.

This will NOT trigger the Yellow Triangle NOR will it increment the Odin flash count.

This one-click resets your whole phone to a rooted stock MF9 experience and it does not wipe user data.

Instructions:
1: Backup anything important and Disable any PINs.
During this process your phone's software will be returned to the Stock setup. All system data will be lost. To be safe, it is best to archive your backup off your phone, ie on your PC or Dropbox.

2: Install Samsung USB/Android drivers (if necessary).
Samsung Drivers Download Link

3: Download the MF9 Stock ROM One-Click.
SPH-L720_MF9_Rooted_NoData_Restore(compressed archive).exe

4: Unzip One-Click ROM using 7zip (this package is a self-extracting exe you should just be able to double-click on it after download and it will do the rest).

5: Start the Odin One-Click.
Navigate to the location where the SPH-L720_MF9_Rooted_NoData_Restore.exe was saved upon extract from the 7Zip archive.
Double-click on SPH-L720_MF9_Rooted_NoData_Restore.exe. *On Vista or newer, you may need to right-click on the file and Run as Administrator.

6: Place phone in Download Mode.
- Power phone completely off.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons, all at the same time.
- Release the buttons only when the ‘Warning!!’ message appears.
- Press [Volume Up] to enter Download mode.

7: Connect USB cable to PC and phone.
Odin should show a yellow COM port in the second column. If you do not see a yellow COM port, you may need to run the Odin One-Click as Administrator and/or unplug/plugin the USB cable after starting Odin One-Click.

8: Start Odin flash process.
Press [Start].

9: Complete - PASS!
Status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.

Android Instructions:
Download and install ZArchiver on your phone. Use it to unpack the Odin One-Click 7zip self-extracting exe file (long press on the 7zip exe. Select "Open As Archive". Select the One-Click.exe and then select Extract). Use Mobile Odin to Open File the SPH-L720_MF9_Rooted_NoData_Restore.exe. FYI - Modem will not flash with Mobile Odin.

The boot process will take slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the Sprint 4G logo screen.

Congratulations! You've flashed the Rooted No Data Factory Restore MF9 build!
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

16th October 2013, 02:29 PM |#2  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer / AndroidFileHost Rep

Donate to Me
More
Download Link: http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2013, 02:40 PM |#3  
Flag Brooklyn,Ny..
Thanks Meter: 331

More
Lol.. You guys ain't playing here...that's what's up.... again a Big Thanks...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BIGSAMDA1ST For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BIGSAMDA1ST Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 05:36 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Thank you very much!

This might be a crazy question, but do you plan on offering a rooted, data wipe version of this?
The Following User Says Thank You to Parnelli98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Parnelli98 Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 06:19 PM |#5  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnelli98

Thank you very much!

This might be a crazy question, but do you plan on offering a rooted, data wipe version of this?

I should be able to work something out.

Gotta find the time to do it though. This one was easy as Crawrj did the work of building the TAR already. I'll have to either build the TAR or find one that has the data wipe written in.
The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2013, 06:43 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

I should be able to work something out.

Gotta find the time to do it though. This one was easy as Crawrj did the work of building the TAR already. I'll have to either build the TAR or find one that has the data wipe written in.

No rush! Having a data wipe rooted option makes it easy to do some "spring cleaning" and start fresh if a flashed ROM gives me trouble. Thanks again for both files! I'm a new owner of a GS4, and I'm learning all over again. Had a GS3 for a year and found that to be extremely easy to root/restore and flash. I hope the GS4 is the same!
The Following User Says Thank You to Parnelli98 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Parnelli98 Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 09:34 PM |#7  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

9: Complete - PASS!
Status should change to green PASS! At this point your phone should automatically reboot.
The boot process will take slightly longer than usual during which time you'll see the Sprint 4G logo screen.

Congratulations! You've flashed the Rooted No Data Factory Restore MF9 build!

Odin flash passes, and phone reboots, but never makes it past the solid yellow Sprint screen with the LED pulsing slowly in blue (waited 10min).
unplugged from pc, powered off and rebooted, still hangs
pulled battery, and rebooted, still hangs
powered off, switched to download mode, and re flashed with Odin, same deal...

any suggestions ?
16th October 2013, 09:45 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshawk

Odin flash passes, and phone reboots, but never makes it past the solid yellow Sprint screen with the LED pulsing slowly in blue (waited 10min).
unplugged from pc, powered off and rebooted, still hangs
pulled battery, and rebooted, still hangs
powered off, switched to download mode, and re flashed with Odin, same deal...

any suggestions ?

Try flashing the full restore from the link below and then retry flashing the rooted no data restore. Could be some incompatible data in your previous build.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485502
The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2013, 09:48 PM |#9  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12

Try flashing the full restore from the link below and then retry flashing the rooted no data restore. Could be some incompatible data in your previous build.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2485502

tried booting to recovery, wiped data, then rebooted phone (without re-flashing from Odin again)
this time it did boot, and I am now waiting for all of the Spring bloatware to finish loading...

looks good so far

Ian
The Following User Says Thank You to xshawk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xshawk Ad-Free
17th October 2013, 12:06 AM |#10  
Forum Moderator / Retired Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Team
Flag Chi-town
Thanks Meter: 8,538

Donate to Me
More
Sorry I didn't get to this. Things came up over past week. Thanks rwilco12, I'll help get a rooted together if not done this weekend.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to garwynn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2013, 11:30 PM |#11  
Recognized Themer
Flag NOLA
Thanks Meter: 12,027

Donate to Me
More
Thank you rwilco, and garwynn. You two are great people and helped us so much. Thank you both

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cerj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cerj Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)