FORUMS

[XAP][TOOL] WPH Tweaks - Customize your Windows Phone!

478 posts
Thanks Meter: 313

Post Reply Email Thread
WPH Tweaks was originally developed by @Jaxbot for Windows Phone 7.

WPH Tweaks allows you to change various settings in your phone's registry that you would usually change with a registry editor. Some of these settings never meant to be changed so they may not have the desired effect. We take no responsibility of the possible damage caused to your device.

WPH Tweaks for Windows Phone 8 is currently very limited, but the main features are adding Google to search providers, and adding a 'Never'-timeout option in lock screen settings. There are currently some other tweaks that do not work well so do not expect everything to work.

The project is open source and located in GitHub. The experimental code can be found here and the stable code can be found here.

Special thanks to @GoodDayToDie ! This project uses his native access libraries and full capability unlock.

If you really want to try out this still experimental project you can find links below.

DOWNLOAD:
Windows Phone 8 with Enable all sideloading:
Attached wphTweaks_wp8-bXX.xap
Please use the Unlock all capabilities XAP before deploying this app.

Windows Phone 7 with Root Tools:
Attached wphTweaks_wp7-bXX.xap

You can read more about the WP7 version of WPH Tweaks on the WindowsPhoneHacker website: http://windowsphonehacker.com/articl...weaks-04-09-12
Attached Files
File Type: xap wphTweaks_wp7-b48.xap - [Click for QR Code] (781.5 KB, 2970 views)
File Type: xap wphTweaks_wp8-b50.xap - [Click for QR Code] (757.5 KB, 13904 views)
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to jessenic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jessenic Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 06:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great job Jesse!
This is definitely needed on WP8!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterframe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheInterframe Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 06:55 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInterframe

Great job Jesse!
This is definitely needed on WP8!

Well I listed them already :P As I said, this is still very experimental. I think the only unique feature is adding Google to search providers at the moment.
16th October 2013, 07:20 PM |#4  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,950

More
Cool stuff! Good to see more homebrew coming out. Let me know if you need a hand finding any tweaks.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GoodDayToDie Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 07:24 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDayToDie

Cool stuff! Good to see more homebrew coming out. Let me know if you need a hand finding any tweaks.

I've been using this thread by @megasounds as a reference, but sadly most of the possible tweaks are not writable.
16th October 2013, 08:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessenic

Well I listed them already :P As I said, this is still very experimental. I think the only unique feature is adding Google to search providers at the moment.

Yeah I missed that, I read it again and re-worded the post (guess you didn't see the edited version :P ). Anyways I'm assuming the app is device independent (if we had a interop unlock on other devices) it would technically work on other devices right?
16th October 2013, 08:53 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Yeah, it uses the samsung diagnostic component for automatic restarts, but that's not essential.
16th October 2013, 08:54 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 399

Donate to Me
More
Is there a tweak to set the search key to open a google page instead of Bing?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th October 2013, 08:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
Can this be re-uploaded? I can't seem to be able to download it. It keeps telling me Jenkins is restarting. Maybe attach it here or Dropbox, mediafire or support ms with skydrive Or someone could PM me the file?
16th October 2013, 09:32 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Add Google work for italian Samsung Ativ S
The Following User Says Thank You to Mattemoller90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mattemoller90 Ad-Free
16th October 2013, 09:48 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlvinPhilemon

Can this be re-uploaded? I can't seem to be able to download it. It keeps telling me Jenkins is restarting. Maybe attach it here or Dropbox, mediafire or support ms with skydrive Or someone could PM me the file?

Sorry, forgot to actually restart it. Should work now. When I get some stable builds I will upload the releases here at XDA, but until then I'll keep them in the CI.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homebrew, tweaks, wph

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)