FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] c6806 no lte on AT&T

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By eureka9, Junior Member on 17th October 2013, 07:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys,
I just got my C6806, and went to AT&T to activate it. But I'm only getting HSPA+, and no LTE speed. I'm using the apn setting that the phone automatically downloaded. Do I need to change the apn setting myself in order to get LTE? The phone is on 532 firmware.
Thanks.

17th October 2013, 07:48 PM |#2  
Retired Forum Mod
Flag Mid-Missouri
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka9

Hi guys,
I just got my C6806, and went to AT&T to activate it. But I'm only getting HSPA+, and no LTE speed. I'm using the apn setting that the phone automatically downloaded. Do I need to change the apn setting myself in order to get LTE? The phone is on 532 firmware.
Thanks.

You may need to edit your APN. I would take the settings from another ATT LTE phone and create a new APN or just edit yours if necessary. I should be getting mine tomorrow and if you can't get yours to work I will do mine and let you know what I did.
Later
17th October 2013, 10:35 PM |#3  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 11

More
this is what I've got for att. I have c6833, so it's not on lte, but you can try it anyways. got those settings off att website.

pw is CINGULAR. things capitalized need to be put in capitalized.

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382042084168.jpg
Views:	975
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	2332291  
18th October 2013, 02:26 AM |#4  
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi eureka9, I don't think this has to do with the APN settings. I believe this is an issue with AT&T based on my research with my dad's Xperia ZL.

Based on what I have read, AT&T has a list of approved devices (or IMEI, not sure which) that can use the LTE network (basically the phones you can buy from AT&T). Because Sony's new devices (XZ, XZL, XZU, etc.) are not offered by AT&T, the best you can get is HSPA.

The way to get around this is to have your line associated with an approved LTE device (e.g.: SGS3) then just take the SIM and put it in your ZU. I came off of a Galaxy Note 2 but I didn't not call AT&T to "activate" or anything, just put the SIM in. My ZU connects with LTE (when there's reception of course but that's a whole other issue). I can do a screenshot and post if you want (just need to know how to do that, got my ZU just yesterday and loving it).

With my dad's Xperia ZL, he was coming off a Moto Atrix 2 which has no LTE capabilities. Calling AT&T and activating the Xperia ZL didn't help as he still only got HSPA. I did a test and put in my SIM from my Galaxy Note 2 (this was several months back BTW) and voila, LTE connection.

As mentioned, I did some digging when working with my dad's XZL and besides having a SIM already activated with a LTE phone, some AT&T stores may be nice enough to put a "dummy" IMEI from a LTE phone (like a demo unit or something). If you Google "AT&T Xperia ZL LTE" (or something like that), you should find some posts on other forums that talk about this method (but YMMV depending on the store). I haven't done this myself but I'm planning on switching to T-Mobile anyways.

Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to nOrbX187 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nOrbX187 Ad-Free
18th October 2013, 02:44 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you very much for your replies!
I tried the APN on a HTC One with LTE working, but no luck.
I think it's probably as nOrbX187 said, AT&T didn't want me to have LTE speed if I'm not buying stuff from them.. Anyway I'll try putting my gf's HTC One's sim card in the Ultra and see if it works.
18th October 2013, 04:03 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
By the way, if I register the HTC One's imei with the sim card of my Ultra, will the HTC One still have LTE?
18th October 2013, 07:54 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My understanding is that if the ph is international unlocked, then you will not get lte on att. So my question is whether the xperia z ultra sold by sony USA is international unlocked or non international unlocked?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks
18th October 2013, 04:20 PM |#8  
Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antmay1

My understanding is that if the ph is international unlocked, then you will not get lte on att. So my question is whether the xperia z ultra sold by sony USA is international unlocked or non international unlocked?

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Thanks

It's completely unlocked.

As for the OP, his sim probably isn't provisioned for LTE. It works completely fine in my Ultra.
18th October 2013, 04:52 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk2641

It's completely unlocked.

As for the OP, his sim probably isn't provisioned for LTE. It works completely fine in my Ultra.

Funk2641,
Thanks for your reply. I have another question.
Since unlocked's IMEI isn't in the ATT database, do I need to provide another IMEI number from another LTE ph in order to get LTE service for my c6806?

Can you explain your process of having it provisioned for LTE?

Thanks again
18th October 2013, 06:02 PM |#10  
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi antmay1,

I believe that is the case. All you really need is to have the IMEI of an AT&T LTE phone on the SIM card. Again, the key is that the IMEI needs to be an AT&T LTE PHONE.

Again, I just took the SIM which has been activated for my Galaxy Note 2 and put it in my ZU and I get LTE.

As mentioned in my post, some AT&T stores may be able to help you out but YMMV per store.

Hope this helps.
18th October 2013, 06:21 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nOrbX187

Hi antmay1,

I believe that is the case. All you really need is to have the IMEI of an AT&T LTE phone on the SIM card. Again, the key is that the IMEI needs to be an AT&T LTE PHONE.

Again, I just took the SIM which has been activated for my Galaxy Note 2 and put it in my ZU and I get LTE.

As mentioned in my post, some AT&T stores may be able to help you out but YMMV per store.

Hope this helps.

Thanks nOrbX187 for your prompt reply. I have an iphone 4s LTE capable that I am not using. But the iphone 4s uses a different sim card and I cannot just drop it into the z Ultra. I will have to bring both the iphone 4s and Z Ultra to the ATT store for them to activate my ultra with LTE service.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)