FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RECOVERY][N8000/N8013]CWM 6.0.4.4{Fully Working}

1,640 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,155

Post Reply Email Thread
Disclaimer:

By flashing this recovery you take full responsibility to whatever happens on your device. The developer will NOT be held responsible to whatever happens on your device. Ofcourse, the recovery has been tested but whatever happens on your device will not be held against the developer.

What Is CWM Recovery ?
CWM recovery is a way that enables you to falsh a custom rom , customize your rom and can save you from bad situations. To Be fully in controll of your android device you need a recovery and this is one of them.
How To Install CWM Recovery ?
There are 2 methods for installing CWM
1.Method (dd method)
You need root before you continue.
now copy recovery.img from second post to your sd card and :
1.On PC :

Make shure that device is on usb debugging mode.
Plug device and open Terminal/command prompt.
Copy Pasta the Following Commands :
PHP Code:
adb shell
dd 
if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 
make shure that partion is mmcblk0p6 or you will brick device !
now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) and enjoy CWM 6.0.4.4

2.On Phone :

First Download Terminal Emulator From Play Store.
Plug device and open Terminal apk
Right the Following Commands :
PHP Code:
su (you need root acess for it )
Then
dd 
if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 
make shure that partion is mmcblk0p6 or you will brick device !(guys with fat fingers stay away !)
now you can reboot to recovery (volume up + home +power) and enjoy CWM 6.0.3.3

Second Method Is Via ODIN.
First Download ODIN
Now Download the N8000/N8013-CWM-6.0.4.4.tar From Second Post and put it in same directory as odin.
Go To Download Mod (Volume Down +Home+Power) and plug device.
Now in Odin You Will see {added} and a light blue figure on top that means that device has been recognized if you dont get them uninstall devices drivers and retry.
Now click PDA and select N8000/N8013-CWM-6.0.4.4.tar And Then Click Start .
After Device reboots Your Done and CWM Is Flashed.
Thanks To :
CM Team For CWM recovery .
@Dees_Troy @bigbiff @anders3408 @cybojenix @invisiblek {These Guys Are The Best And I Thank Them for helping me every step in the way and not thinking that i am a nut job }

Please Hit The Thanks Button If You Like My Work
Follow Me On Twitter SamerDKingCobra
If You Have Any Kind Of Trouble Feel Free To PM Me As I Am Here Almost 19 Hours A Day.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Samer Diab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Samer Diab Ad-Free

20th October 2013, 04:49 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beyrouth

Donate to Me
More
Angry Downloads And Q&A
Downloads :
1.IMAGES
N8000-CWM-6.0.4.4.img {For dd Method , Please rename to recovery.img }
N8013-CWM-6.0.4.4.img {For dd Method , Please rename to recovery.img }

2.TAR FILES
Change Log :
Build #1 Fully Working.
Whats To Do In Future Build ?
Enable Touch .
Add OTG Support.
FAQ:{Please Read Before Posting}
Q: OMG ! Recovey Not Booting What To Do ?
A:Please Dont try entering recovery first time from advanced power menu just do it the hard way
Q:My Device is not getting read by windows ?
A:Uninstall all drivers that you installed for the device .
Please Hit The Thanks Button If You Like My Work
Follow Me On Twitter SamerDKingCobra
If You Have Any Kind Of Trouble Feel Free To PM Me As I Am Here Almost 19 Hours A Day.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samer Diab For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Samer Diab Ad-Free
20th October 2013, 04:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beyrouth

Donate to Me
More
For Later Use
21st October 2013, 09:28 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
it can't mount the external sd
24th October 2013, 01:15 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beyrouth

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRoNX

it can't mount the external sd

seriously i did not notice such error, i will see what i can do tomrrow Thanks
26th October 2013, 11:00 PM |#6  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 16

More
First, PC odin couldn't flash the device with this recovery (Odin 3.7, PC Win 8.1 x64, Odin works fine with it, checked many times).
After flashing this recovery from terminal it cannot boot by some reasons, and i'm rebooted the device with terminal command "reboot recovery", and i get the bootloop with the orange styled frame of "CWM-based recovery 6.0.4.4", then i reflashed the old version with odin.
P.S. My ROM is ARHD. Device: N8000.
26th October 2013, 11:53 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Beyrouth

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmong

First, PC odin couldn't flash the device with this recovery (Odin 3.7, PC Win 8.1 x64, Odin works fine with it, checked many times).
After flashing this recovery from terminal it cannot boot by some reasons, and i'm rebooted the device with terminal command "reboot recovery", and i get the bootloop with the orange styled frame of "CWM-based recovery 6.0.4.4", then i reflashed the old version with odin.

Well thats odd :/ are you sure you have n8000 build not n8013 as i am recovery fine
27th October 2013, 12:05 AM |#8  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Yes, i'm pretty sure. I've tried to do this few times via both terminal and odin. Now will try one more time...
UPD: I've repacked the img file with the tar archiver+ put md5 checksum (tar.md5) and flashed it with odin successfully.
And like iRoNX said it can't mount extSD: "error mounting /storage/sdcard1"

UPD2: The recovery from similar thread have another issue: cannot format "/data" and cannot explore internal flash )))
2nd December 2013, 11:49 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 292

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmong

+1.

The Odin tar file is not OK. Although I did not get a bootloop, the indicator on phone in download mode goes to the end and then stays there at "NAND write". I has to disconnect the phone and reboot manually, and my old version of CWM was still there (phew!). The .img files and dd worked fine.

Thanks anyways for this update !!!! It worked to get me on JB 4.4 !

Update: When phone is powered off and charger connected, upon starting there is a garbled green image that comes on for several seconds - most likely the battery charging icon - and then the phone will start up. It was not there before flashing 6.0.4.4. Anyways my phone does start up........ :-p
The Following User Says Thank You to chappatti For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chappatti Ad-Free
3rd December 2013, 10:46 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 405

More
Tar file not working.. gets stuck at "Nandwrite"
3rd December 2013, 07:59 PM |#11  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,785

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the recovery, I made it into CWM zip files so you can flash in CWM or TWRP here:

http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/G...y-v6.0.4.4.zip
http://downloadandroidrom.com/file/G...y-v6.0.4.4.zip
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm 6.0.4.4, note10.1, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)