FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][DUAL-BOOT][4/1] Dual Boot backup & Restore V2.3a

4,307 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,268
 
By rlorange, Senior Member on 20th October 2013, 11:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to Dual Boot Backup & Restore

A utility app for noob-dev type dual-boot system on Galaxy S4 LTE variants

=================================
DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION:
>>Dual Boot Backup V2.3a 4/1/14
Release:

Multi Boot Backup & Restore Utilities V4.0

Finally I have combined all operations into a single AROMA zip!

Functions:

-Backup for Secondary, multi-slot-1, multi-slot-2, multi-slot-3

-Restore for Secondary, multi-slot-1, multi-slot-2, multi-slot-3

-Delete backups and delete multiROMs

PLUS!!

You can restore a backup from any slot to any other!

For now you MUST:

-Patch a suitable kernel before hand corresponding to the desired slot.

Rename your backup folder to the desired slot.

Eg.

'/external_sd/dual-boot-bk/dual'

to

'/external_sd/dual-boot-bk/multi-slot-1'

Then run restore and after flash your patched kernel. Note this will also overwrite whichever secondary kernel you have backed up so you may have to flash and set two kernels.

I will improve this function in the next version
Enjoy!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwq2kxxlwj...store_V4.0.zip


=================================



The Title of this App is pretty self explanatory. Being a user and fan of the Dual Boot mod I decided to expand upon it by creating an app which can:

>>> Backup 2ndROM to your choice of Internal Memory OR external SD card

>>> Backup with your choice of Compression or No compression.

>>> Backup by running the app from Primary OR 2ndROM (Restore only from primary ROM)

>>> Restore 2ndROM backup


=============================
PLANNED FEATURES IN FUTURE VERSIONS:

- Backup Primary ROM

-Restore EITHER Primary or 2ndROM backups to EITHER/OR Primary or 2ndROM locations... allowing you to:

-clone EITHER ROM to both locations
-swap Primary and 2ndROM positions.

=============================

Please refer to the thread for the original Dual Boot mod by @chenxiaolong if you are new to this. This app REQUIRES an understanding of Dual Boot and a working Dual Boot setup

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447534

[PATCHER][APP] Dual boot any ROM on all Galaxy S4 variants!
=============================

How it works:

I've used Tasker app factory to make an app with a GUI interface which will execute Linux terminal commands creating .tar or .tar.gz backup files in /dual-boot-bk folder which it will create in either your Internal or external memory.

The restore function will restore the tar files to the required folders.

=============================

How to use:

>>>Backup

#1.Simply install the app on either primary or secondary ROM and run the app.

#2. Tap the backup button and the chose your storage location and compression level.

#3. Wait for the operation to complete!

Your backup will be created in a folder /dual-boot-bk/ in three files:

dualsys.tar
dualdata.tar
dual-kernel.tar


To delete your backup simply delete this folder /dual-boot-bk/ using a file manager.

If you manually move your backup tar files after creating a backup from one location to another (say to your computer hard drive) just be sure to move them back to your phone in a folder named:

/dual-boot-bk/

Before you want to do a restore so the app will detect it. (This folder can be in your internal memory or extrenal SD card).

>>> Restore

You can only restore when running this app from your PRIMARY ROM.

#1. Make sure you have your three backup .tar files in the expected /dual-boot-bk folder on your Internal Memory or external SD Card.

#2. Tap the restore button.

#3. Wait until the operation has completed and you are done!

=============================

>>>IMPORTANT

#1. You CAN restore a backup onto a Primary ROM which has just been clean installed and DOESN'T yet have the necessary dual-boot folders... My app will create them if necessary.

#2. The secondary kernel will be backed up and restored BUT you may not have set your primary ROM kernel using 'dual boot switcher' app my app should detect if this file doesn't exit and warn you to do this.

=============================

[B]DOWNLOAD: Dual Boot Backup V1.2

LINK>>https://www.dropbox.com/s/adnuvmyykc...Restore1.2.apk
The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rlorange Ad-Free
 
 
20th October 2013, 11:02 AM |#2  
rlorange's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,268
 
More
Reserved...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
20th October 2013, 12:57 PM |#3  
Diabl0z's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Great app but why I should move my old back before backup new rom can u make it as cwm
Thanks again for this helpful app
The Following User Says Thank You to Diabl0z For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Diabl0z Ad-Free
20th October 2013, 01:03 PM |#4  
Arjav23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,241
 
More
I didn't understand
Can I flash a i9505 song on i9500?

Sent from my DEATH NOTE with Shinigami by my side!
20th October 2013, 01:23 PM |#5  
rlorange's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,268
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabl0z

Great app but why I should move my old back before backup new rom can u make it as cwm
Thanks again for this helpful app

Sorry I don't understand. You don't have to move anything back.

If you move your backup to say your hard drive then you need to move out back otherwise the backup it makes is in the folder that the app expects

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
20th October 2013, 01:26 PM |#6  
rlorange's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,268
 
More
Deleted. ..
20th October 2013, 01:29 PM |#7  
Diabl0z's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlorange

Sorry I don't understand. You don't have to move anything back.

If you move your backup to say your hard drive then you need to move out back otherwise the backup it makes is in the folder that the app expects

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I mean if I backup rom then I want back another rom should I first move the old one I think app rewrite the previous one on new rom
20th October 2013, 01:32 PM |#8  
rlorange's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,268
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjav23

I didn't understand
Can I flash a i9505 song on i9500?

Sent from my DEATH NOTE with Shinigami by my side!

Sorry I don't understand your post at all...

This app will only work with the Dual Boot mod by @chenxiaolong for the i9505

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
20th October 2013, 01:47 PM |#9  
rlorange's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,268
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabl0z

I mean if I backup rom then I want back another rom should I first move the old one I think app rewrite the previous one on new rom

Oh ok I understand now. .. Yes you are correct you should rename the /dual-boot-bk folder to something or move the .tar files to another folder if you wish to make a new backup and keep the old one.

The files in /dual-boot-bk will be overwritten if you run another backup

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to rlorange For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rlorange Ad-Free
20th October 2013, 03:39 PM |#10  
Arjav23's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,241
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlorange

Sorry I don't understand your post at all...

This app will only work with the Dual Boot mod by @chenxiaolong for the i9505

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

I meant "rom" not song
Was a typing mistake

Hmm not for i9500??

Sent from my DEATH NOTE with Shinigami by my side!
20th October 2013, 05:36 PM |#11  
chenxiaolong's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Solon
Thanks Meter: 7,500
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlorange

Welcome to Dual Boot Backup utility app



The Title of this App is pretty self explanatory. Being a user and fan of the Dual Boot mod I decided to expand upon it by creating an app which can:

>>> Backup 2ndROM to your choice of Internal Memory OR external SD card

>>> Backup with your choice of Compression or No compression.

>>> Backup by running the app from Primary OR 2ndROM (Restore only from primary ROM)

>>> Restore 2ndROM backup


=============================
Please refer to the thread for the original Dual Boot mod by @chenxiaolong if you are new to this. This app REQUIRES an understanding of Dual Boot and a working Dual Boot setup

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2447534

[PATCHER][APP] Dual boot any ROM on all Galaxy S4 variants!
=============================

How it works:

I've used Tasker app factory to make an app with a GUI interface which will execute Linux terminal commands creating .tar or .tar.gz backup files in /dual-boot-bk folder which it will create in either your Internal or external memory.

The restore function will restore the tar files to the required folders.

=============================

How to use:

>>>Backup

#1.Simply install the app on either primary or secondary ROM and run the app.

#2. Tap the backup button and the chose your storage location and compression level.

#3. Wait for the operation to complete!

Your backup will be created in a folder /dual-boot-bk/ in three files:

dualsys.tar
dualdata.tar
dual-kernel.tar


To delete your backup simply delete this folder /dual-boot-bk/ using a file manager.

If you manually move your backup tar files after creating a backup from one location to another (say to your computer hard drive) just be sure to move them back to your phone in a folder named:

/dual-boot-bk/

Before you want to do a restore so the app will detect it. (This folder can be in your internal memory or extrenal SD card).

>>> Restore

You can only restore when running this app from your PRIMARY ROM.

#1. Make sure you have your three backup .tar files in the expected /dual-boot-bk folder on your Internal Memory or external SD Card.

#2. Tap the restore button.

#3. Wait until the operation has completed and you are done!

=============================

>>>IMPORTANT

#1. You CAN restore a backup onto a Primary ROM which has just been clean installed and DOESN'T yet have the necessary dual-boot folders... My app will create them if necessary.

#2. The secondary kernel will be backed up and restored BUT you may not have set your primary ROM kernel using 'dual boot switcher' app my app should detect if this file doesn't exit and warn you to do this.

=============================

DOWNLOAD: Dual Boot Backup V1.0b

https://db.tt/KJG5mNxG

=============================

DOWNLOAD: Original Dual-Boot app/mods

Dual Boot Patcher
[LINK]
Dual Boot Switcher app
[LINK]
DualBootUtility zip
[LINK]

=============================


This is awesome! I could really use something like this. I've hit my thanks limit already, so I'll thank you in a couple hours
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chenxiaolong For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chenxiaolong Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes