FORUMS

[APP] Mod to replace S-Voice with Google Voice Search (no root necessary!)

286 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

By vgergo, Senior Member on 21st October 2013, 10:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Would it be possible? Including the voice wake functionality "Okay, Google Now" instead of "Hi Galaxy"?

How many would be interested in something like this?

Should not be too hard to do, what do you think?

Probably will need root to achieve it

----

SOLVED: using a very simple tasker profile/action (see here)

UPDATE: Install this tiny free app from the Play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....deathtosvoice (created using Tasker App Factory)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vgergo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vgergo Ad-Free
22nd October 2013, 12:10 AM |#2  
Flag Brasil
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Talking Works on galaxy advancement
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgergo

Would it be possible? Including the voice wake functionality "Okay, Google Now" instead of "Hi Galaxy"?

How many would be interested in something like this?

Should not be too hard to do, what do you think?

Probably will need root to achieve it

Works on galaxy advancement? thank you
22nd October 2013, 04:22 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardosilvaa

Works on galaxy advancement? thank you

For some reason, I can now double tap home button and I get the option for S-voice or Google voice. I think I cleared the defaults in app settings.
23rd October 2013, 10:58 AM |#4  
Flag Okinawa, Japan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presjar

For some reason, I can now double tap home button and I get the option for S-voice or Google voice. I think I cleared the defaults in app settings.

Any idea how to replicate this?
23rd October 2013, 11:11 AM |#5  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presjar

Yeah I got this too. It happened after I installed SoundHound.
Now I have the options of
Google
S Voice
SoundHound
23rd October 2013, 11:40 PM |#6  
Flag Hennef
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Interesting but without the option to activate gvoice with screen off its not a huge benefit. I tested open mic+ but it lacks admin rights to bypass the lockscreen etc.
24th October 2013, 01:02 PM |#7  
Flag Hennef

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk

Yeah I got this too. It happened after I installed SoundHound.

The free version? I've tried that but I don't see a menu after double clicking home.
24th October 2013, 10:17 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgutt

Interesting but without the option to activate gvoice with screen off its not a huge benefit. I tested open mic+ but it lacks admin rights to bypass the lockscreen etc.

You mean root permissions?
25th October 2013, 11:04 AM |#9  
Flag Hennef

Donate to Me
More
Sorry, I was wrong. I thought S-Voice is able to bypass a pin lockscreen but it isn't. It is only admin (not root) to allow the screen off command.

The problem of open mic+ is, that it is buggy. It seems to freeze after a short time. Sometimes Google Now freezes as well so I think it is because of Open Mic+ but I didn't tested it enough to verify it. S-Voice seems to be more stable, but is not present if you are in other apps like Maps.

But both systems are too weak in rights. e.g. I'm not able to stop apps (ok root would be needed), not able to say my lockscreen pin, stop a phone call, etc.
1st November 2013, 03:48 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Budapest

More
Tasker
I just had an idea: it should be possible to create a very simple tasker action, which would be triggered by opening s-voice. It would exit s-voice and switch immediatelly to Google Voice Search. This should work even without rooting.

If this would work, all the convenient ways to start S-Voice would become actually useful to start Google Voice search, including voice-wake, home-double-click, headset-long-press.

I will try this as soon as I get my N3
2nd November 2013, 11:30 AM |#11  
Flag Hennef

Donate to Me
More
How do you want to exit S-Voice without root
The Following User Says Thank You to mgutt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mgutt Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)