[TOOL/UTILITY][TWRP][3.2][RECOVERY] TWRP 3.2.1-0 TeamWin Recovery Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Schrotty35

Oct 30, 2010
Vienna
I dont have failed boot but i have restore problem from backup and whene i make a full wipe for flashing a new rom i get error with low space. With kit kat all working fine. For now i am back to kit kat complete. I dont install lollipop for now and wait for working recovery.

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
I dont have failed boot but i have restore problem from backup and whene i make a full wipe for flashing a new rom i get error with low space. With kit kat all working fine. For now i am back to kit kat complete. I dont install lollipop for now and wait for working recovery.

Guys I know you think I am psychic but I need logs to debug issues.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
If you execute in adb shell:

Code:
echo 0 > "/sys/devices/mdp.0/qcom,mdss_fb_primary.173/leds/lcd-backlight/brightness"

Does the screen go black?
It goes darker than the slider at 10%, but not completely black. It's similar to what the screen looks like in 2.8.4 before it goes completely black.

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

Lollipop bootloader is not the same. I have and many other users too problems with 4.4 twrp.
I, in the other hand, have absolutely no problems with TWRP and the Lollipop bootloader (N9005XXUGBOB6). So the problem is not universal which, unfortunately, makes it more difficult to fix.

Reactions: 954wrecker

celderic

Dec 1, 2010
I, in the other hand, have absolutely no problems with TWRP and the Lollipop bootloader (N9005XXUGBOB6). So the problem is not universal which, unfortunately, makes it more difficult to fix.
I've noticed nothing wrong with the latest bootloader and rom N9005XXUGBOB6 the same as you. Although i have only used TWRP for flashing roms, i haven't tried restoring a backup or anything.

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
No, the slider doesn't work at all....
and that code is working perfectly!!! The display is dimmed. :good::highfive:

And the built in TWRP keyboard got some bug on long press " character.
Long press on [X] doesn't work at all. So I have to go to [?123] to press "

Thanks so much... ;)

Please see if http://techerrata.com/bigbiff/openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-ha3g.img.tar works with the slider

Not sure what's going on with blanking yet. Does anyone know if display drivers have updated?

Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph

gopzzz

May 23, 2008
Battery charging conflict with MTP connection

First of all I would like to THANK bigbiff for the effort and time spent on creating this useful custom recovery :highfive:

Let me first describe my issue: ( I am using N9005 (lte) unloacked, knox 0x1 and darklordrom in BOB6 bootloader and Lollipop based Note4 port ROM and latest 2.8.5.0 version of TWRP recovery as recommended by darkloard)
Issue: When ever my battery drains , it drains normally and then if I want to charge my phone using supplied samsung charger or using any other chargers, it says "charging __%"
BUT it stays in the same percentage even after 1 hour ( my battery doesn't charge). After disconnecting the charger from the phone, It would say " dock connected" or "charging" in frequent intervals.... The battery will start to drain faster and faster......

Problem identified? : Yep after a long hours of effort and charging the battery through "wireless" ( wireless charging works) and rulled out the port hardware defect by cleaning and attaching the OTG cable to transfer files ( works) then I surprisingly connected my phone to laptop.... MTP did not work properly... Kept saying :windows failed to recognised the usb attached"... SO finally I decided that it is the MTP connection that INTERFERES with the charging port and prevents the charging.
Work around: has to go to download mode and attach it to the computer then wait for the MTP connection and then swith back to boot into system, connect it to laptop and wait for MTP link and eject safely, then start to charge using the power charger ---- MY Note 3 charges ....

Why here? I concluded that it is the custom recovery along with kernel? may be that has a problem...... so please help me to establish a proper mtp so that I doesn't conflict will charging.
This happened with the twrp 2.8.5.0 regular version and with all lollipop rom...... finally now I am in darkloard... still I have
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________--
:rolleyes: waiting for you to help if it is related to the custom recovery..... I shall help you with all related files if any needed.

Last edited:

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
First of all I would like to THANK bigbiff for the effort and time spent on creating this useful custom recovery :highfive:

Let me first describe my issue: ( I am using N9005 (lte) unloacked, knox 0x1 and darklordrom in BOB6 bootloader and Lollipop based Note4 port ROM and latest 2.8.5.0 version of TWRP recovery as recommended by darkloard)
Issue: When ever my battery drains , it drains normally and then if I want to charge my phone using supplied samsung charger or using any other chargers, it says "charging __%"
BUT it stays in the same percentage even after 1 hour ( my battery doesn't charge). After disconnecting the charger from the phone, It would say " dock connected" or "charging" in frequent intervals.... The battery will start to drain faster and faster......

Problem identified? : Yep after a long hours of effort and charging the battery through "wireless" ( wireless charging works) and rulled out the port hardware defect by cleaning and attaching the OTG cable to transfer files ( works) then I surprisingly connected my phone to laptop.... MTP did not work properly... Kept saying :windows failed to recognised the usb attached"... SO finally I decided that it is the MTP connection that INTERFERES with the charging port and prevents the charging.
Work around: has to go to download mode and attach it to the computer then wait for the MTP connection and then swith back to boot into system, connect it to laptop and wait for MTP link and eject safely, then start to charge using the power charger ---- MY Note 3 charges ....

Why here? I concluded that it is the custom recovery along with kernel? may be that has a problem...... so please help me to establish a proper mtp so that I doesn't conflict will charging.
This happened with the twrp 2.8.5.0 regular version and with all lollipop rom...... finally now I am in darkloard... still I have
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________--
:rolleyes: waiting for you to help if it is related to the custom recovery..... I shall help you with all related files if any needed.

I don't understand, are you trying to charge in recovery mode or booted into Android?

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
No, the slider doesn't work at all....
and that code is working perfectly!!! The display is dimmed. :good::highfive:

And the built in TWRP keyboard got some bug on long press " character.
Long press on [X] doesn't work at all. So I have to go to [?123] to press "

Thanks so much... ;)

I am a bit confused for your keyboard issue. You are wanting to have
"
typed when you long press X?

Reactions: Crescendo Xenomorph
There's the screenshot...
And I did it while pressing x, no outputs at all...
It should output " as x's secondary char, right?

But it did nothing... If I press it normally, it output x.... But no " whatsoever.

Other char works perfectly.

b83ad644451684f7deafe3421477f90a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

gopzzz

May 23, 2008
I don't understand, are you trying to charge in recovery mode or booted into Android?

Hi Bigbliff,
I am trying to say that the MTP connection interferes with phone charging....

Whenever I try to charge my phone (not in recovery mode but in normal phone use mode), my phone doesn't charge because it thinks that it is connected to MTP for data transfer only... and also sometimes the sync with laptop doesn't work ( it doesn't get recognized in my laptop)... take multiple attempts.

Note: the TWRP 2.8.5.0 modified by darkloard rom WORKS...( able to charge and also connect to my laptop ALL times) BUT the regular TWRP 2.8.5.0 has MTP sync and charging bug???

Thank you.

bigbiff

Jun 8, 2010
Hi Bigbliff,
I am trying to say that the MTP connection interferes with phone charging....

Whenever I try to charge my phone (not in recovery mode but in normal phone use mode), my phone doesn't charge because it thinks that it is connected to MTP for data transfer only... and also sometimes the sync with laptop doesn't work ( it doesn't get recognized in my laptop)... take multiple attempts.

Note: the TWRP 2.8.5.0 modified by darkloard rom WORKS...( able to charge and also connect to my laptop ALL times) BUT the regular TWRP 2.8.5.0 has MTP sync and charging bug???

Thank you.

When you are in android TWRP has nothing to do with the functioning of MTP. It's a separate boot kernel and library inside Android that handles MTP wrt TWRP.

dragansk

Sep 14, 2014
I formatted my andorid OS on my samsung galaxy s2 with this TeamWin recovery software, anyone help me how can I reinstall the OS? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [RECOVERY] [4/5/16] TWRP 3.2.1-0 - TeamWin Recovery Project

TeamWin is proud to present TWRP 3.2.1-0 for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Interntional Qualcomm and Exynos)!

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvWVS_Rkxo

Full TeamWin credits are on the TWRP page on the TeamWin website: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2

Introduction:

Team Win Recovery Project or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It's a fully touch driven user interface , no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Key Features:

Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
    XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
    Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
    Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
    Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
    Onscreen keyboard
    Decryption of /data
    Easy selection of internal/external storage
    See changelog below for new features

In addition to the above new features, TWRP features a scripting engine that allows an app to send commands to the recovery for the recovery to perform during startup. We call this scripting engine OpenRecoveryScript. This engine will be put to use immediately in the GooManager app. GooManager will be able to install recoveries automatically for most supported devices. The app will also let you choose to install multiple zips from within Android, wipe cache & dalvik, and run a backup.

We are looking for other talented developers, themers, and device maintainers if they are interested in helping with a free, open source project.

Source Code:

GitHub - https://github.com/omnirom/android_bootable_recovery

Gerrit for TWRP Official Device Configs - http://gerrit.twrp.me

Gerrit Instance - http://gerrit.omnirom.org

If you have made your own twrp build for an unsupported device, please let us know. We might add your build to the list of unofficial builds. Bear in mind that we are working hard to add more devices and we may add your device to our official build list later.

hlte Device Config: https://github.com/TeamWin/android_...ithub.com/TeamWin/android_device_samsung_ha3g

Kernel: https://github.com/bigbiff/android_kernel_samsung_n900

DOWNLOAD:

All official devices are listed at the top of the page on the Team Win website. Search for the device in the textbox.

http://twrp.me

Support:

Click http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=twrp for live support or join us in #twrp on Freenode IRC servers
    Changelog

Please see http://twrp.me for the most up to date changelog.

3.0.2-0
    - Fix a bug with the input box that affected masked inputs (passwords). This fixes decrypt of full device encryption on devices that support decrypt. This bug also impacts encrypted backups. Users are highly encouraged to stop using 3.0.1 if you use encrypted backups or if you need decrypt of data in TWRP.
    - Add Greek translation to some builds.

3.0.1-0

-support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    -fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    -libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    -fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    -TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    -translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    -progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    -fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    -reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    -other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements

TWRP 3.0.0-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What’s new in 3.0.0-0:

Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    Update AOSP base to 6.0
    A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

You can track the progress of builds here

Head over to the devices page to find install instructions and download links.
    TWRP 3.0.0-0 is out now for all currently supported devices.

What’s new in 3.0.0-0:

Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    Update AOSP base to 6.0
    A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks

WARNING: This is our first release in a long time. We have a lot of new and somewhat aggressive changes in this new release. The changes to the graphics back-end may cause some devices to not boot up properly or have other display-related issues. If you are not in a position to reflash an older build of TWRP, then wait until you are or at least wait until others have tried the new version for your specific device. You don’t want to end up with a non-working recovery and have to wait several hours or days to get to a computer to be able to fix it.

Notes for themers: In addition to the udpated theme, we have introduced a theme version variable to the TWRP theme system. If the theme version does not match the version that TWRP expects, TWRP will reject the custom theme and load its stock theme. This change will ensure that people who update TWRP without updating their theme will still have a workable recovery. We have removed libjpeg support. The stock theme was only using a jpeg image for the splash / curtain. This change means that any custom themes will no longer be able to use jpeg images. It also means that tools used to repack recovery images with a different curtain / splash will need to be updated to use the new method.

Version number notes: For a while we’ve been using a 4 digit version number and reserved the 4th digit for device-specific updates. For instance, we find and fix a device-specific issue like decryption of data on Nexus 5, we would release that as a 2.8.7.1. After a while, some people would start asking where 2.8.7.1 was for other devices. So, going forward we have decided to change the numbering scheme to 3.0.0-2, etc. Our hope is that this version numbering scheme will more clearly identify that the 4th digit does not indicate a version change for the code base.

We need your help! The bulk of TWRP work is done by 3 people on a volunteer basis. We have pushed most of our device files to our github and we have a gerrit instance. If you have the ability, please help us maintain our official devices and/or add your device to our official device list. Thanks in advance!

You can track the progress of builds here

Head over to the devices page to find install instructions and download links.

- Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    - Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    - Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    - Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
    - Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    - Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    - Add system read only option - more details below (Dees_Troy)
    - Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    - Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    - Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won't prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won't try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don't take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at https://jenkins.twrp.me and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at https://gerrit.twrp.me to help us keep devices up to date and working.

hlte only
    - Fix cmupdater build issues by building in omni-5.1

- Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
    - Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
    - Keyboard improvements (_that)
    - Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
    - Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
    - Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
    - Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
    - Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
    - Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
    - Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
    - Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
    - Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)

- Scale the GUI - TWRP can read the theme's resolution and scale it up or down to fit the theme to your screen's resolution
    - Improve thread handling and move input handling into the main rendering thread to improve stability
    - Make MTP work even if unplugged and plugged back in
    - Unify scrollable list code and make kinetic scrolling feel more natural
    - Fix handling of mapped zip files for OTA updates (CM12 updater)
    - USB keyboards should now work on all devices that support USB host mode via a USB OTG cable
    - Add Cancel Backup capability
    - Other small fixes and improvements

- MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
    - Add flashing of boot and recovery images via the TWRP GUI (Find the Images button on the Install page)
    - Fix some MTP related crashes and bugs
    - Eliminate TWRP toggling USB IDs during boot if MTP is enabled
    - Fix various adb sideload issues
    - Improve threading of actions
    - Eliminate separate thread for screen timeout
    - Update libblkid to 2.25.0
    - Use power button as back button on watch themes for easier navigation
    - Add mutex locking to data manager
    - Improve custom theme handling on encrypted devices
    - Allow the stock theme to be offset by build flags so we can center a lower res theme on a higher res screen especially for watches with round screens

- MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
    - MTP will now tell the host PC that storage is removed instead of disabling MTP completely
    - MTP will now report the correct max file size based on the file system in use to the host PC (may fix transfer of large files)
    - Update and improve fix permissions and make fixing contexts optional
    - Update SuperSU in TWRP to 2.40 and update install process
    - Make TWRP work properly on AArch64 (Nexus 9 is now built in true 64-bit binaries and libraries)
    - Attempt to set correct permissions and contexts on all files placed in storage so backups will show in Android
    - Fix kernel panic during MTP start on some devices
    - Support unicode fonts on devices with True Type Font support
    - Fix slider value not showing sometimes (vibration settings page)
    - Toggle MTP off during adb sideload to set correct USB IDs
    - Reduce library requirements for 5.0 L decrypt
    - Other minor fixes and improvements

hltecan
    -add F2FS kernel

hltecan
    - add F2FS mkfs utilities

- TrueType Font support - optional as it takes up a decent amount of space so may not be available on all devices - thanks to Tassadar
    - Temperature support - thanks to bigbiff
    - Various other bugfixes and tweaks

- Fix brightness path

hlte only
    - fix mtp device to use to send mtp commands through

- Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy
    - Add command line capabilities - you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen
    - Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors
    - Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress
    - Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower
    - Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]
    - Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar
    - Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming
    - Add support for 1440x2560, 280x280, and 320x320 resolutions and update 240x240
    - Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain
    - Other minor fixes and improvements

2.7.2.1 - hlte
    - fix hlte kernel to mount f2fs

All thanks to @Dees_Troy
    - fix crash in setting contexts on datamedia
    - fix restoring data partition as f2fs after formatting f2fs
    - mount data after being formatted

- Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    - Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    - Improvements to USB storage handling
    - Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    - Various other bugfixes and tweaks

ha3g
    -fix ramdisk size for dd and zip flashing

hlte
    -fix encryption of backups
    ha3g
    -fix booting

hlte
    -Fix efs restore without md5 generated

-Fix splitting /system and backup size display

2.7.0.0:
    -Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    -Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    -Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    -Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    -Text wrap in the console output
    -Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    -Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    -Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    -Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions thanks to Samer Diab
    -Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    -Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    -Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    -Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    -USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    -Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    -Add 4.4 decrypt support
    -Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    -Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes

Note: 2.7 marks the first time that we are dropping support for older devices. We are doing this because of the SELinux support needed to install 4.4 Kit Kat ROMs. The non-TWRP parts of the recovery image have to be built in at least a 4.1 tree and the kernel that is included in the recovery image has to support writing SELinux contexts. We don't own most of the devices that we support so we depend on outside testers and developers to help us update devices. In many cases we can't find someone readily. Come to #twrp on Freenode if you want to help bring your device up to date. You can tell right away if your device will support 4.4 ROMs in 2.7. Boot TWRP and press the console button (the square-ish button either in the bottom middle or upper right) to view the console output. If it doesn't say "Full SELinux support" in the console, then your device still needs some work. Help us help you.

hlte only 4.4 Bootloader
    2.6.3.8-4.4-BL
    Fix time
    Update kernel for 4.4 Bootloader (exfat tested and supported)

Fix EFS Backup and Restore

Fix USB Storage flags again by adding storage flag
    Alright , here for an update!

Version 3.0.2-1 brings the following changes:
    • f2fs updated to latest kernel.org f2fs-stable 3.4.x sources (2016-04-01)
    • modemst1, modemst2 returns to EFS backups
    • modem/firmware partitions marked as rw temporarily to fix restore issues
    • all variants of hlte now report ro.product.device as hlte. ro.product.name is their variant name, and ro.product.model is their actual model (ex. N900W8)
    • CyanogenMod 13.0 hardware encryption is now supported (using matching libraries from @mon@diac's Purify CM13.0 build) - may or may not work on 12.1 or other CM 13.0 builds
    • Kernel drivers downgraded to N900W8VLU2DOD1 to fix touch key bug with older stock FW (you will need to use dialer code to re-update tkey fw if you have this issue)
    • The recovery image now lies to the Samsung bootloader about SEAndroid state, removing the RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING message
    • Switch to LZMA compression, freeing up extra space for future TWRP additions
    • Fix a couple small USB initialization bugs
    • Add /dev/block/bootdevice symlinks for increased future compatibility

For device tree code changes see here: https://github.com/jcadduono/androi...mmit/4c195995251fbedb3894dc55292f38da28badbb9
    For kernel code changes see here: https://github.com/jcadduono/twrp_kernel_samsung_hlte/commits/twrp-5.0

It should be up soon, don't say it's not there, the site only updates every so often lol.
    Update: The builds are now up. @ 8:45 PM EST

Please let me know if you encounter any serious issues.

By the way, the screen slider from lock screen may move a bit slow. I set the gpu governors to minimum frequency to hopefully keep cpu temps down, as they were sometimes reaching as high as 94 Celsius during 6 GB+ restores.
    (also set cpu to interactive which should give the cores some small breaks when possible)
    Confirmed. Had the same issue and had to downgrade twrp to install aroma based roms.

I'm gonna take a look when I get home next week at the framebuffer drivers and see what I can do to get aroma and screen-off working. Hopefully it will be fixed by 3.0.1 or if necessary a 3.0.0-1 release.
    I'm also going to see if I can get the exynos parts merged into my tree and get N900 working.