Post Reply Email Thread
Type in dialer:

3845#*802#,then the secret menu will come up...Then:

1. Go to LTE-Only
2. Modem Settings
3. RAT Selection
4. Select GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto or what ever selection you want

Job done...

P.S If you have another D80x just enter your model number instead " X " in dialer etc: 3845#*802 or 803 or xxx
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to stefan063 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stefan063 Ad-Free

23rd October 2013, 01:39 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan063

Type in dialer:

3845#*802#,then the secret menu will come up...Then:

1. Go to LTE-Only
2. Modem Settings
3. RAT Selection
4. Select GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto or what ever selection you want

Job done...

P.S If you have another D80x just enter your model number instead " X " in dialer etc: 3845#*802 or 803 or xxx

that is the stock network mode lol...
23rd October 2013, 02:10 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
WTF? What is the point of this? If you're on an LTE network then you have LTE.
23rd October 2013, 05:41 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhayn

WTF? What is the point of this? If you're on an LTE network then you have LTE.

Not necessarily.. phone such as the D801 for Wind Mobile in Canada, has LTE disabled by the carrier and needs to be enabled manually. This is mainly because Wind does not have a LTE network and so if you have a non Wind LTE SIM you will need to unlock the LTE option in order to use the LTE network or be stuck with 4G speeds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vortex1212 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vortex1212 Ad-Free
23rd October 2013, 06:05 AM |#5  
Flag -
Thanks Meter: 171

More
What is the method to enable it permanently with root?

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
23rd October 2013, 10:39 AM |#6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5nickers

What is the method to enable it permanently with root?

you dont want to permanent enable LTE because then voice would not work maybe sending SMS would be a problem too, this is the case for T-mobile and I imagine the same for ATT, verizon and sprint uses CDMA technology so it may be different, but if you insist on doing it, follow op guide and check LTE only...
The Following User Says Thank You to G1_enthusiast For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift G1_enthusiast Ad-Free
23rd October 2013, 10:47 AM |#7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Indian Model also has LTE disabled, but this should enable it. Only problemwe do nt have LTE in the country anyway :P

I guess it will help me when i am travelling to Europe next.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amankapoor4 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amankapoor4 Ad-Free
23rd October 2013, 11:55 AM |#8  
Flag -
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast

you dont want to permanent enable LTE because then voice would not work maybe sending SMS would be a problem too, this is the case for T-mobile and I imagine the same for ATT, verizon and sprint uses CDMA technology so it may be different, but if you insist on doing it, follow op guide and check LTE only...

Sorry i should have expressed more clearly what i meaned! I am looking for a solution that once i set it to GSM / WCDMA / LTE auto, this setting survives a reboot.
Untill now i have to set the optinion after every reboot again
The Following User Says Thank You to 5nickers For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 5nickers Ad-Free
23rd October 2013, 02:15 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Unfortunately this solution not run for me, I must activate it manually with an app.

23rd October 2013, 03:07 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 348

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1_enthusiast

that is the stock network mode lol...

It is not STOCK/pre-enabled on most of D802 int... And because of that I posted,how to enable!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to stefan063 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stefan063 Ad-Free
23rd October 2013, 03:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have a d80210a_EURO_xxx and when I try to click the LTE=only it says not supported. I am using Telia.Dk service but the phone was bought unlocked from another non-Telia vendor.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)