CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.
Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.
We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.
Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.
Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously. But here is one for now:
Here are just a few of our features:
Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations
Unofficial Voodoo Sound support on Note 2 and i9300 devices.
Option to hide lockscreen hints
Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
Chronus clock widget
Customizable hardware and software keys
Transparent navbar and status bar
Customizable navbar ring
Navbar arrow keys
Navigation bar widgets
Customizable power menu
Notification power widget
Notification brightness adjustment
Customizable quicksettings panel
Statusbar mods including center clock and color
Volume rocker music controls
Customizable battery and notification light
More that haven't even been mentioned, and more to come!
You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon
1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.
5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.
Who is Team Carbon?
Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon! Donate here to team Carbon.
Carbon 4.3.1 ROM Build 4 - Some bugs fixed ;)
Google Apps for Android 4.3
coderzs for building the great ROM for the HTC Glacier
mikeioannina for the kernel and port base
The Pear Crew Team
Mustaavalkosta for the support in all of my developer career (Small one LOL! )
My family for the support
The XDA community for supporting and answering to all my n00b questions
Everyone mentioned in the original ROM's thread
The CWM Recovery Project
glevitan for helping me get started with my device
Carbon ROM, a ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc
CedArctic, akateha, coderzs, besttt, randomblame, Mustaavalkosta
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
Based On: Unofficial CM Builds by LXP
Current Beta Version: Build 4
Beta Release Date: 2013-10-27
Last Updated 2013-10-27