*** UNLOCKED ***
*** TAMPERED *** *** UNLOCKED ***
1. Your HTC One must be S-OFF.
2. Your device must be rooted.
There are different ways of achieving the same results, but this is the easiest (and safest) method using a tool called revone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314582. Note that revone is primarily intended to be used to S-OFF but it also has some very useful additional features, which are exactly what we're going to use here. You will find all the commands in the original revone thread but if you're having difficulties, then this guide for "noobs" should be helpful.
1. You need adb and fastboot. Download both in a single package: http://goo.gl/T6InE - credits to mike1986. Extract the folder "mini-sdk" and place it at C:/
2. Download revone: http://revolutionary.io/revone. Place it in your adb and fastboot folder, for example, C:/mini-sdk/
3. Connect your HTC One to your PC via USB cable. Boot up your HTC One and leave it on its homescreen. Test if the USB connection is working by clicking on the Start button > Run > type "CMD". This will open the Command Prompt window. From there, type:
cd c:\ cd mini-sdk adb devices
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\ C:\>cd mini-sdk C:\mini-sdk>adb devices List of devices attached FA36******** device
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
C:\mini-sdk>adb push revone /data/local/tmp/ 2893 KB/s (648208 bytes in 0.218s)
C:\mini-sdk>adb shell [email protected]:/ #
6. Use the Command Prompt to move to the folder where you placed revone on your phone and and set new permissions:
cd /data/local/tmp chmod 755 revone
[email protected]:/ # cd /data/local/tmp cd /data/local/tmp [email protected]:/data/local/tmp # chmod 755 revone chmod 755 revone
exit exit adb reboot bootloader
If this was useful, just click on the THANKS button!