FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] Remove Tampered and set Lock/Unlock/Relock with Revone (requires S-OFF)

307 posts
Thanks Meter: 389

By electronical, Senior Member on 25th October 2013, 06:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
If you have successfully unlocked your HTC One M7 Bootloader, you will see the following text at the top of your Bootloader screen:
Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
And, if you installed a custom recovery, it will change to the following:
Code:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
You can get rid of your TAMPERED text and/or change your LOCKED, RELOCKED or UNLOCKED status. This guide applies to all HTC One M7 Hboot versions.

Minimum requirements:
1. Your HTC One must be S-OFF.
2. Your device must be rooted.

There are different ways of achieving the same results, but this is the easiest (and safest) method using a tool called revone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314582. Note that revone is primarily intended to be used to S-OFF but it also has some very useful additional features, which are exactly what we're going to use here. You will find all the commands in the original revone thread but if you're having difficulties, then this guide for "noobs" should be helpful.

Stepwise procedure:
1. You need adb and fastboot. Download both in a single package: http://goo.gl/T6InE - credits to mike1986. Extract the folder "mini-sdk" and place it at C:/
2. Download revone: http://revolutionary.io/revone. Place it in your adb and fastboot folder, for example, C:/mini-sdk/
3. Connect your HTC One to your PC via USB cable. Boot up your HTC One and leave it on its homescreen. Test if the USB connection is working by clicking on the Start button > Run > type "CMD". This will open the Command Prompt window. From there, type:
Code:
cd c:\
cd mini-sdk
adb devices
You should see the serial number of your phone to confirm successful adb connection. This is what i get:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\
C:\>cd mini-sdk
C:\mini-sdk>adb devices
List of devices attached
FA36********    device
4. Now, you need to copy revone to your phone. In the same Command Prompt window, type:
Code:
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
Here is my log to confirm that revone has been successfully copied:
Code:
C:\mini-sdk>adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
2893 KB/s (648208 bytes in 0.218s)
5. Now, open an adb shell by simply typing:
Code:
adb shell
You should see the following:
Code:
C:\mini-sdk>adb shell
[email protected]:/ #
If you see the $ symbol instead of the # symbol, type su (your HTC One needs to be rooted otherwise this won't work).
6. Use the Command Prompt to move to the folder where you placed revone on your phone and and set new permissions:
Code:
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 revone
Here is what it looks like on my Command Prompt window:
Code:
[email protected]:/ # cd /data/local/tmp
cd /data/local/tmp
[email protected]:/data/local/tmp # chmod 755 revone
chmod 755 revone
7. Now, you can finally remove the TAMPERED text and switch between LOCKED, RELOCKED or UNLOCKED. Following from above, if you want to get rid of the TAMPERED text, type:
Code:
./revone -t
If you want to set the Bootloader as LOCKED, type:
Code:
./revone -l
If you want to set the Bootloader as RELOCKED, type:
Code:
./revone -r
If you want to set the Bootloader as UNLOCKED, type:
Code:
./revone -u
After you've made the changes according to what you want, you can now reboot the device and check if the changes have been applied. Type:
Code:
exit
exit
adb reboot bootloader
You should now be in the Bootloader menu and you can confirm the changes.

If this was useful, just click on the THANKS button!
The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to electronical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electronical Ad-Free

27th October 2013, 12:23 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
tried it but stuck here
c:\sdk>adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
then it just sits there any ideas?
27th October 2013, 01:01 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathlynn22

tried it but stuck here
c:\sdk>adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
then it just sits there any ideas?

Make sure your phone is on its homescreen (not bootloader or fastboot). Did you follow step 2 and 3? Did you see your serial no. after typing adb devices?
The Following User Says Thank You to electronical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electronical Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 01:13 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronical

Make sure your phone is on its homescreen (not bootloader or fastboot). Did you follow step 2 and 3? Did you see your serial no. after typing adb devices?

yeah mate followed it all just in the end tried couple more times as revone thread said it can crash ETC SO ALL SORTED NOW THANKS. sorry about useless post
5th November 2013, 05:52 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi, I havev a problem during the procedure :

"You should see the following:
Code:
If you see the $ symbol instead of the # symbol, type su (your HTC One needs to be rooted otherwise this won't work)."

I see the $ symbol, but when I type su, nothing happend, error " "su"is not recognized as an internal or external command"

I need to reflash a modded recovery to root device ?
I want to return 100% stock

EDIT : the response was : YES ! thanks for your work !
5th November 2013, 12:47 PM |#6  
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 3,666

More
@electronical

thanks for this very easy to understand tutorial buddy
7th November 2013, 07:10 PM |#7  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 341

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

... Note that revone is primarily intended to be used to S-OFF (applicable only if you have Hboot 1.44)...

So does that apply only to S-OFF'ing or to everything?

EDIT: I found another method and I successfully reset the TAMPERED flag
7th November 2013, 09:33 PM |#8  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 3

More
worked perfectly. thanks for the great guide
7th November 2013, 09:50 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by commencal661

So does that apply only to S-OFF'ing or to everything?

EDIT: I found another method and I successfully reset the TAMPERED flag

By "... Note that revone is primarily intended to be used to S-OFF (applicable only if you have Hboot 1.44)..." what i meant is that you can use revone to S-OFF only if the device has Hboot 1.44, otherwise Rumrunner is required in order to S-OFF.

It's simple enough, but to avoid the remote possibility of anyone else having the same confusion, i have edited that bit of info out. However, it's important to keep in mind that you can't S-OFF with revone if your device has Hboot 1.54 or above. But if your device is already S-OFF, you can use revone to remove the tampered flag and lock/relock/unlock, irrespective of your Hboot version.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to electronical For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift electronical Ad-Free
10th November 2013, 05:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Perfect!! Great and simple to follow tutorial.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to Goatshaver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Goatshaver Ad-Free
12th November 2013, 10:37 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronical

If you have successfully unlocked your HTC One M7 Bootloader, you will see the following text at the top of your Bootloader:

Code:
*** UNLOCKED ***
And, if you installed a custom recovery, it will change to the following:
Code:
*** TAMPERED ***
*** UNLOCKED ***
You can get rid of your TAMPERED text and/or change your LOCKED, RELOCKED or UNLOCKED status. This guide applies to all HTC One M7 Hboot versions.

Minimum requirements:
1. Your HTC One must be S-OFF.
2. Your device must be rooted.

There are different ways of achieving the same results, but this is the easiest method using a tool called revone: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2314582. Note that revone is primarily intended to be used to S-OFF but it also has some very useful additional features, which are exactly what we're going to use here. You will find all the commands in the original revone thread but if you're having difficulties, then this guide for "noobs" should be helpful.

Stepwise procedure:
1. You need adb and fastboot. Download both in a single package: http://goo.gl/T6InE - credits to mike1986. Extract the folder "mini-sdk" and place it at C:/
2. Download revone: http://revolutionary.io/revone. Place it in your adb and fastboot folder, for example, C:/mini-sdk/
3. Connect your HTC One to your PC via USB cable. Boot up your HTC One and leave it on its homescreen. Test if the USB connection is working by clicking on the Start button > Run > type "CMD". This will open the Command Prompt window. From there, type:
Code:
cd c:\
cd mini-sdk
adb devices
You should get the serial number of your phone. This is what i get:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\
C:\>cd mini-sdk
C:\mini-sdk>adb devices
List of devices attached
FA36********    device
4. Now, you need to copy revone to your phone. In the same Command Prompt window, type:
Code:
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
Here is my log to confirm that revone has been successfully copied:
Code:
C:\mini-sdk>adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
2893 KB/s (648208 bytes in 0.218s)
5. Now, open an adb shell by simply typing:
Code:
adb shell
You should see the following:
Code:
If you see the $ symbol instead of the # symbol, type su (your HTC One needs to be rooted otherwise this won't work).
6. Use the Command Prompt to move to the folder where you placed revone on your phone and and set new permissions:
Code:
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 755 revone
Here is what it looks like on my Command Prompt window:
Code:
[email protected]:/ # cd /data/local/tmp
cd /data/local/tmp
[email protected]:/data/local/tmp # chmod 755 revone
chmod 755 revone
7. Now, you can finally remove the TAMPERED text and switch between LOCKED, RELOCKED or UNLOCKED. Following from above, if you want to get rid of the TAMPERED text, type:
Code:
./revone -t
If you want to set the Bootloader as LOCKED, type:
Code:
./revone -l
If you want to set the Bootloader as RELOCKED, type:
Code:
./revone -r
If you want to set the Bootloader as UNLOCKED, type:
Code:
./revone -u
After you've made the changes according to what you want, you can now reboot the device and check to see if the changes have been applied. Type:
Code:
exit
exit
adb reboot bootloader
You should now be in the Bootloader and you can confirm the changes.

If this was useful, just click on the THANKS button!

This is very useful and it works. I am able to S-OFF (Windows 8, 32Bits) and removed the "tempered" and change "unlocked" to "locked" just like original. Crushalot, thanks for this, but can you point out how I can remove the "red descriptions (the development purpose...)" on boot screen and the Tell HTC, please?
Wait to hear from you
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky-Lim For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ricky-Lim Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)