FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Tutorial: Build OmniRom for Nexus 7

3,374 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,547

By GethPrime, Senior Member on 26th October 2013, 05:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
How to build Omnirom for Nexus 7 (grouper)

Quote:

Requirements:
* Decent computer with Ubuntu or Linux Mint
* Fast internet connection
* A brain

1. Open up a terminal and install all the required packages:

If you use 64bit:

Quote:

sudo apt-get install bison build-essential curl flex git-core gnupg gperf libesd0-dev libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre pngcrush schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev g++-multilib gcc-multilib lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z1-dev

If you use 32bit:

Quote:

sudo apt-get install bison build-essential curl flex git-core gnupg gperf libesd0-dev libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre pngcrush schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev

2. After those packages have been installed you are going to create the directories for the sources and repo tool.

Quote:

mkdir omnirom

Quote:

mkdir bin

3. Now your going to download the repo tool and chmod it so that it's executable:

Quote:

chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

4. Add the /bin/repo tool to your bashrc file:

Quote:

gedit ~/.bashrc

A editor should show up, now add this line at the end of the file and then save it:

Quote:

export PATH=${PATH}:~/bin

5. Now it's time to initialize the repo:

Quote:

cd omnirom

Quote:

git config --global user.email "youremail"

Quote:

git config --global user.name "yourname"

Quote:

repo init -u git://github.com/omnirom/android.git -b android-4.3

6. Sync the sourcecode (will take a while):

Quote:

repo sync -j32

7. Add the prebuilts for Nexus 7:

Quote:

cd vendor

Quote:

git clone git://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_asus.git -b cm-10.2 asus

8. Building the rom:

Quote:

cd ..

Quote:

source build/envsetup.sh

Quote:

breakfast grouper

Quote:

make

9. After it's finished you will find the .zip file with the rom in the “out” folder.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GethPrime For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GethPrime Ad-Free

30th October 2013, 01:28 AM |#2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Nice tutorial - may I suggest that at the end of step 4 you add "source ~/.bashrc" so ~/bin is added to the PATH for that session.
8th November 2013, 02:46 PM |#3  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Agreed, and may I suggest that adding -f flag when Invoking $ "repo sync -f -j32" for possible sync errors/network/broken objects.
29th November 2013, 03:58 PM |#4  
Flag Somewhere in the desert
Thanks Meter: 2,073

More
Hello. I want to build using local_manifests. I have synced already to the source, my device tree, and my vendor files. Where and which makefiles will I need to edit/create? And is there anything else I'll need to do/know? Thanks.
20th September 2015, 01:58 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry for the thread resurrection, are these steps the same for building the omnirom 5.1.1 for nexus 7 grouper? Thanks in advance.
9th January 2016, 10:14 AM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag cd /world/europe/italy
Thanks Meter: 1,454

More
Hi guys I'm building OmniROM 6.0.1 for LG L90 (w7).<br />
I got into an error: http://hastebin.com/dujufeyelu.pas<br />
Now the point is: I've Omnified all my device tree, tried everything but nothing...still got this error.<br />
I'm building on Ubuntu 14.04. I chatted into the IRC of Omni but no one replied me..And I thought here someone would give me an hand..<br />
This is my local_manifest in case you wanna see device/vendor/kernel trees: http://hastebin.com/siyivamudu.xml<br />
Thank you very much in advance.
9th January 2016, 11:11 AM |#7  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 3,548

More
@SlimShady's try to remove the "-Werror" compile flag within your makefile
The Following User Says Thank You to AndDiSa For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndDiSa Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)