Sami OS for the SGSA
Current Version: 1.4 (Check under ROM Updates for Download link)
Total Download Count: 10040
The most hyped ROM is finally here! Being in XDA Developers' forum for quite some time, it tempted me to contribute something to our device and after EIGHT Months, I finally present Sami OS 1.0 for our Galaxy S Advance!
Based on Samsung's UBLPH firmware, the Sami OS 1.0 is a Custom ROM bundled with a lot of features along with a stunning Dark UI which obviously makes it a great alternative to Samsung's stock firmware because the purpose of creating this ROM is for Faster Performance, Longer Battery life and Smoother UI. Just like a Lamborghini, its both FAST and BEAUTIFUL!
/* * I am not responsible for bricked devices, loss of data, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about the features included * in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, * and so please don't point your finger at me for messing up your device. */
FEATURES OF SAMI OS 1.0:
Here's a summarized list of almost all the features that makes this ROM so special...
NOTE: The features/changelogs of Sami OS 1.1 and above are under Changelog (in Post #2)
There's a lot more to add to this HUGE list and obviously I have forgotten a few of them myself!
- Rebuilt using Samsung's UBLPH firmware
- Pre-rooted with SuperSU (v1.65)
- Debloated i.e Removed most of Samsung's Bloatwares like Music Hub, Social Hub, Samsung Apps, etc.
- Removed unnecessary library files from system > lib folder
- Removed all Bloatware and Customization made by Claro AR
- Deodexed System Apps and System Framework
- Zipaligned System Apps (for better utilization of RAM)
- Completely themed Samsung's TouchWiz UI and most System apps with Premium Black color to make it look more Elegant
- Updated all System Apps to their latest version (with the multi DPI version of Google Play 4.4.21)
- Added a couple of languages like Arabic, Urdu and Farsi (but the ROM isn't completely multilingual yet)
- The entire UI is 100% Hardware Accelerated - so no or less lags will be seen (but at cost of some battery life)
- 1% Battery mod added
- Tonnes of Build.prop tweaks added
- Enabled and Added a couple of init.d tweaks (note: some of the values set in those init.d tweaks are experimental)
- Several Miscellaneous tweaks added for Faster (and Lag free) UI and smoother live wallpaper animation
- Fixed Home Button Lag
- Replaced all the Default Jellybean transitions and animations with ICS transitions and animations
- Added a couple of Audio and Volume tweaks (still experimental)
- "Under the Hood" Performance tweaks for Aggressive Gaming
- "Under the Hood" Power tweaks for Maximum Battery Life
- Performed many several tweaks for MUCH Better Ram management; and therefore more multitasking!
- The color of the Status Bar has been Darkened
- Themed and Rearranged the Toggle Buttons in the Notification Bar
- Disabled auto-scrolling of the quick settings toggles when the notification bar is pulled down
- Added a couple of hidden Toggles (like driving and airplane mode toggles)
- Replaced Stock Wallpapers with Better Alternatives - also added a few extra HD wallpapers
- Added HOSTS file - no more ads in any app or on websites (Doesn't yet block each and every ads)
- Miscellaneous Internet/Network tweaks added
- 4-Way Rotation hack enabled - now you can use the phone while holding it upside down too!
- Phone will not not Wake up (when in Sleep) with "Refreshing Sim Data" message when its in Airplane Mode
- Unplugging Charger doesn't wake up the Phone/Screen (its a small mod)
- Adaptive Multi-Rate wideband encoding enabed to improve in-call audio quality
- Disabled APK signature verification
- Added Custom Boot Animation support
- (Realistic) Ripple Effects on lock screen enabled
- Enabled stock AOSP lock screen from Android 4.1.x (with four shortcuts)
- Slightly modified Samsung's Circle lockscreen with four lock screen shortcuts instead of three
- Integrated several tweaks from Pimp My ROM app
- Modded TouchWiz to enable "wallpaper scrolling" which Samsung decided to remove for some reason
- Removed Ascending Ringtone functionality
- Partially themed and optimized Phone and Contacts app (with single color and compressed png files) to decrease loading time delay to some extent
- Enabled Smart Rotation feature
- Enabled a couple of hidden and important features in stock Messaging app
- Revamped the Settings app and gave it a new and Better set of Icons
- Revamped the Power Menu and also added Hot Reboot and Reboot to Recovery Option
- Enabled Call and Message Blocking option in Settings app (can be used as an Alternative to Blocking Mode)
- Removed "Software Update" menu from About Phone section
- Removed "Software Update" widget
- Updated Polaris Viewer 4.1 with Polaris Viewer 5
- Disabled scrolling cache across OS (for smoother scrolling)
- Disabled annoying Startup and Shutdown sounds
- Added Google Edition phones' Camera and Gallery app with working Photosphere and Photo editor!
- Added Genie Widget
- Added Nova Launcher
- Added FlipBoard
- Added Root Browser
- Added shortcut to Task Manager on App Drawer
- Replaced Stock Internet Browser with the AOSP Web Browser
- Replaced Samsung keyboard and SWYPE with Stock Android 4.2 Keyboard
- Replaced Stock Music player with Play Music+ (a modified version of Google Play Music)
- Replaced Stock Calender app (aka SPlanner) with Android 4.2.2 Calender app
- Replaced Stock Calculator app with CyanogenMod calculator app
- Replaced Stock Memo app with a modified Notes app from Sony Xperia T
- Replaced the stock Clock app with a Ported version of MIUI Clock (only digital clock widget doesn't work/load)
- Modded the TouchWiz launcher to reduce sluggish animation which occurs occasionally (to some extent)
- Added SunBeam Live Wallpaper (the awesome LWP found in Google Edition phones)
- Removed some stock Ringtones and Notification tones and added a few "better" ones by myself
- Added iPhone's "well recognized" Ringtone and Notification tone
- Added Samsung Galaxy S4's Over the Horizon ringtone
- Added Ubuntu font and the new Roboto font seen in Android 4.3
Screenshots can be found on the "Screenshots" tab above.. Get ready to blow your mind by finding out how BEAUTIFUL my ROM is!
DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING SAMI OS:
To Download my ROM, please visit its webpage and while it downloads you can spend your time reading all the instructions and tips that are mentioned in this thread. After the Download completes, you can start reading the instructions given below and please read all the instructions carefully to successfully install Sami OS...
- A fully functional GT- i9070 or i9070P of course
- Your phone must be having enough Battery charge (30% or more - just to be safe)
- Your External SD Card must be having enough Storage capacity
- Your phone must be running any of Samsung's Jellybean (4.1.2) firmware. If you're running Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread, then please upgrade to Jellybean 4.1.2 first! Or if you're running Android 4.2 or above then please downgrade to Jellybean 4.1.2, then you'll be able to install my ROM.
- Your phone must be Rooted
- Your phone must be running a custom kernel which has either TWRP or ClockworkMod recovery installed (Recommended Recovery: TWRP)
- (Optional) You must have Odin and Samsung's USB Drivers Installed on your PC. You must also have a USB cable and a copy of Samsung's Jellybean firmware; just in case you fail to install Sami OS and end up with having no OS on your phone
- (Optional but Recommended) You must backup all your Apps, Games, App data, Memos, Messages, Call logs, etc. to your External SD Card. But do note that I will not be held responsible if you lose all your files, apps and all your data since installing any ROM will require deletion of user data for preventing common installation errors.
Installation of Sami OS:
- Download my ROM and put it on your External SD Card (make sure it has sufficient space to store my ROM in there)
- Reboot to Recovery. To do that, turn off your phone and Press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power button and release it when you see the Samsung Logo after a short vibration...
For people with TWRP Recovery:
- Go to Settings and Disable (un-check) Zip Signature Verification
- Then go to Mount and check (mount) System
- Then go to Wipe > Advanced Wipe and check System, Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache. Then swipe to wipe/erase them. As stated above, doing all these will erase pretty much everything on your phone so make sure you backed up everything first
- Then go back and select Install, switch to external_sd card and select "Sami_OS_For_GT-I9070.zip"
- Then swipe to flash it and the rest of the Installation should be automated, so wait for a while for the installation to finish
- After the Installation is over, it should show a "Successful" message in Blue text. Now all you have to do is press on Reboot to do Reboot to System!
For people with CWM Recovery:- Your phone should now reboot and it will be "stuck" on that "awesome" Boot Animation for a while; so don't worry.. it happens every time you install any Custom ROM - so there's nothing to worry about. Just wait for about 3 to 5 minutes.. BUT if your phone is experiencing a bootloop (i.e taking way too much time) then reboot to recovery and wipe your cache, dalvik cache and data again. If that too doesn't fix it then please refer "If Sami OS didn't successfully get installed" section below....
- Go to Wipe data/factory reset and Confirm its deletion
- Then go to Wipe cache partition and Confirm its deletion
- Then go to Advanced, then select wipe dalvik cache and Confirm its deletion
- Then go to Mounts and Storage and mount your system
- Then on the same menu, select Format /system, /cache, /data and /preload folders one by one
- Now go back to Main menu and select Install zip from sdcard
- Then toggle signature verification to DISABLE it
- Then on the same menu, select "choose zip from sdcard"
- Now search for "Sami_OS_For_GT-I9070.zip" and select to install it... the rest of the Installation will be automated, so wait for a while for it to finish
- After that's done you can now go back to main menu and choose "reboot system now" to Reboot your phone. And that's it!
- If everything goes OK then you will see Sami OS' final installation wizard which requires you to setup your user language, your Wi-Fi, your Google Account, etc...
If you constantly keep getting Force Close errors on the Setup Screen, then do this:
Even though I never experienced this after flashing my ROM, this is what you should do if you have this problem:
- Reboot to Recovery
- And Fix Permission (TWRP: Advanced > Fix Permissions.... CWM: Advanced Menu > Select Fix Permissions)
If that did not work then here's what shut_down did to fix this issue:
- Reboot to Recovery
- Perform a Factory Reset and then Wipe Cache (Refer the instructions above.. you're just basically doing the same thing)
If Sami OS didn't successfully get installed:
If things go horribly wrong then...
- DON'T PANIC
- Reboot to Recovery and wipe Data, Cache and Dalvik Cache AND/OR perform a Factory Reset
- If that did not work then make sure that the zip you downloaded is "complete" and not "corrupted" and install again
If none of the above helps then follow the instructions below:
- Reboot to Recovery and wipe your entire System (i.e Everything!)
- Then reboot to Download Mode (to do that, turn off your phone and Press and hold Volume Down, Home and the Power button and release it when you see a picture of an Android logo after a short vibration...)
- Press volume up to continue and connect your phone with your PC using the USB Cable
- Open Odin and wait for it to recognize your phone
- Then click on PDA and choose your stock firmware
- After it verifies the .md5 checksum; click on Start without checking any other check-boxes or anything else
- It should then install Samsung's 4.1.2 firmware
And that's pretty much it! So Congratulations, you just installed Sami OS on your phone! So now there's only one last crucial step remaining.. And that is to take pride and update your Signature and click on the Thanks Button. I hope that you will all enjoy using it...
Sami OS for i9070, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: Samsung's Jellybean VJLPE Firmware
Current Stable Version: 1.4
Stable Release Date: 2015-09-30
Last Updated 2016-01-08