FORUMS

[ROM] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2

269 posts
Thanks Meter: 598

By Quallenauge, Inactive Recognized Developer on 26th October 2013, 10:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, if anyone would like to run a 4.3.1 Google OS on a Archos G9 80S device (and currently only this), download and extract this file:
19_01_2014-13_32_32

Installation (tested only with linux) :

- reboot into SDE menu and under "Format System" perform a "Reset Android & Storage" to clear all data of previous installations (this is really important!).
- reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Menu -> "Export Data Partition"
- mount this usb drive
Code:
sudo mkdir <Mount_Path>/local
sudo cp archos.ext4.update <Mount_Path>/local/archos.ext4
sudo sync
sudo umount <Mount_Path>
- wait until the unmount process is done
- reboot into SDE menu and under Developer Edition Mernu , Flash Kernel and Initramfs : copy zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo on the new driver that appears on desktop/laptop
- Wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android prepares the system for a while .....be patient !

What's new ?
  • ------------ since 19_01_2014-13_32_32 -------------
  • Last attempt to satisfy "H" model users. Wrong fstab definition file was used.
  • ArchosControlCenter: Alternate command for enabling disabling 3G service activation/deactivation.
  • ------------ since 17_01_2014-20_17_32 -------------
  • KSM (Kernel samepage merging) support. (Enable it in CM performance options).
  • HDMI enable for 101 models too.
  • WLAN MAC address taken from device. Until now in my releases, the MAC address where the same for all devices. (gave some conflicts, when two devices are used in parallel).
  • ------------ since 22_12_2013-13_29_20 -------------
  • Deactivated PCB temperature sensor. It is not part of the devices, and (my) default setting gives the cpufreq
    module a wrong view of the situation. Now it should reduce the reboot which is caused by critical temp, by reducing core speed.
  • ------------ since 19_12_2013-23_43_36 -------------
  • Using CPUFreq from 3.0.31 omapzoom reference kernel
  • Included app from @mordesku (modified by me) -> 3G should work!
    Note that if you only pushed the image as update, please make sure to delete the /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db
    (adb shell rm /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db) and reboot the device to rebuild.
    I forgot to include the apns-conf.xml so there are no APN's available (as result no data connection can be established).
  • Removed my Widget to not affect the archos control center app
  • Some kernel changes.
  • Enabled zram and init.d
  • Initial support for H models (testing and patches are welcome).
  • Newest CM Updates: Changes since last release
  • ------------ since 02_12_2013-22_56_07 -------------
  • Removed clicks when audio driver is closed
  • Reduced the volume a little bit to avoid scratches
  • Removed default dpi setting on build
  • Newest CM Updates: Changes since last release
  • ------------ since 21_11_2013-21_45_53 -------------
  • Using new pvr library SGX-BIN: DDK binaries and KM source [email protected]
  • HWComposer 1.1 interface
  • No ICS audio blob anymore. Adapted omap upstream audio HAL.
  • Some internal audio extensions by TI (omap_enhancement)
  • Kernel audio sources updated to 3.0.31 omap upstream release.[/INDENT]
  • ------------ since 08_11_2013-22_14_52 -------------
  • CM10.2
  • Upstream init.rc
  • TI Openlink WLAN driver R5.SP6.01
  • Temporary disabled ClockworkMod Recovery
  • A widget "Archos Control Center" where the user can activate the deep sleep behavior. Warning: If you use the archos as alarm clock you will oversleep! (It only will wake up, when pressing the power button).
    Also the 3G port can be activated with this widget. I discovered some hangs, which can only solved by removing and re-adding the widget on the screen. If someone can help me with this widget, please have a look at: github It's my first app ever... so it is very ugly =)
  • Initial A101s support.
  • Something I've not tried...
  • 3G USB Stick is working.

Issues:
- GPS not reliable (as usual for every release....) -> After complete new system ("Reset Android & Storage") the GPS is working very good. Subsequent boots later it gets worse at my device(s):
My Workaround: Go into Settings->Apps->All->Google Service Framework and delete data and cache. Then reboot and GPS should e working. Also I get sufficient results with the GPS Toolbox App.
21_11_2013-21_45_53:
Microphone as degraded sound quality compared to the stock rom.
Some sound clicks here and there when system sounds are turned on.
Audio sound is a little bit quiet compared to the stock rom. (Needs to be adjusted by myself).

Can't test HDMI (both audio/video). (It's also not an use case for me). If someone would like to help....
HDMI scaling issues
"H" models doesn't seem to work.

Rebuild: All used revisions for this release are stored in a separate folder in the archive.

Additions:
Archos Control Panel App from @mordesku: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2&postcount=88

Archive:
17_01_2014-20_17_32
22_12_2013-13_29_20
19_12_2013-23_43_36
02_12_2013-22_56_07
21_11_2013-21_45_53
08_11_2013-22_14_52
07_11_2013-22_53_33
Archos CM10.2 - 26_10_2013-23_26_11
The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 02:03 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Toruń
Thanks Meter: 1,020

Donate to Me
More
Thanx for your work now i'm bakcig up my data and will test as soon as possible. Is this build run from disk images or it replace original archos system?
27th October 2013, 02:11 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordesku

Thanx for your work now i'm bakcig up my data and will test as soon as possible. Is this build run from disk images or it replace original archos system?

As usual for the custom Android releases for this archos device , they don't replace the original partitions. But it is not possible to run both in parallel. So practically yes, it replace the original system.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 02:40 PM |#4  
Flag Toruń

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quallenauge

- Wait for reboot your devices : after reboot you can see Android prepares the system for a while .....be patient !

Hi again. My tab is displaying archos logo for long time (about 10-15 minutes) now is this normal. I have question where exacty i should put the update file. In debian i put it to /media/data/data/local where /media/data is my mount point.
The Following User Says Thank You to mordesku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mordesku Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 02:49 PM |#5  

More
Quote:

Hi again. My tab is displaying archos logo for long time (about 10-15 minutes) now is this normal. I have question where exacty i should put the update file. In debian i put it to /media/data/data/local where /media/data is my mount point.

Sorry, my fault.....

Can you please rename the file while you copy? (I have corrected my first post).
Code:
sudo mkdir <Mount_Path>/local
sudo cp archos.ext4.update <Mount_Path>/data/local/archos.ext4
The Following User Says Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 02:53 PM |#6  

More
Quote:

Sorry, my fault.....

Can you please rename the file while you copy? (I have corrected my first post).

Code:
sudo mkdir <Mount_Path>/data/local

(Just for reference, when using the update mechanism the file has to placed here:
Code:
sudo cp archos.ext4.update <Mount_Path>/data/media/archos.ext4.update
)
The Following User Says Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 03:27 PM |#7  
Flag Toruń

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry, my fault.....

Code:
sudo mkdir <Mount_Path>/data/local

Renamed file as you said but still tab is stuck on archos logo.

--- edit

My bad . Got to many data directories. Rom boots form /media/data/local/archo.ext4 before was /media/data/data/local/archos.ext4
The Following User Says Thank You to mordesku For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mordesku Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 06:12 PM |#8  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Renamed file as you said but still tab is stuck on archos logo.

--- edit

My bad . Got to many data directories. Rom boots form /media/data/local/archo.ext4 before was /media/data/data/local/archos.ext4

Thanks for your reply. I corrected the paths in previous posts.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quallenauge For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Quallenauge Ad-Free
27th October 2013, 08:18 PM |#9  
berlin
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Is it stable for very day use???
Everithing working lie Cam and HW video?
28th October 2013, 07:38 AM |#10  
Flag Toruń

Donate to Me
More
Using it since yesterday. It's very smooth and fast. No freezes at all.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 4
28th October 2013, 07:20 PM |#11  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Installation on Mac OS X
For those of you who want to brave installation from a Mac, you can use FUSE to mount the data partition. You'll need to follow the directions here to be able to mount the partition with write access. Once the partition is mounted, follow @Quallenauge's fabulous instructions! I'm watching a spinning CyanogenMod logo right now!

Note: If you copy the file from the command line, you'll probably get a message saying "could not copy extended attributes to data/local/archos.ext4: Operation not permitted". Don't worry, the file copied just fine. If you're really paranoid, run md5sums on the file to verify.

- Dave
The Following User Says Thank You to stealthdave For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stealthdave Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)