FORUMS

s4 and PC connection

34 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By jarold143, Member on 27th October 2013, 09:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
hello! i was searching through the internet and I can't seem to find a definite answer for this type of problem.

my galaxy s4 can't seem to have a stable connection with my PC. it works

so far what I've done
-plugged it directly to the motherboard usb port
-used samsung original cable
-install all USB drivers (installer, kies)
-uninstall, reinstalled drivers but no avail
-used different cables. ( the original cable doesnt seem to work. whenever i plug my device, it only charges. but there is no notificcation that tells me the phone and PC are connected to something) and then i used a motorola cable and the phone and PC seem to detect each other. but only in one of the motherboard ports.

and also, if ever the PC detects my phone, the "connect/disconnect" loop appears... the "connect/disconnect" loop DISAPPEARS when i plugged the phone to a specific port. BUT, it cant seem to have a stable connection. whenever i transfer a large file, lets say a movie. it copies the file half way then the phone suddenly disconnects then reconnects by itself automatically like nothing happened. I couldn't also flash firmwares cuz whenever odin tries to push the files into my phone, suddenly odin will stop and says "disconnected"..... by the way, my PC's usb ports are OK. it can detect and transfer large files from my brother's optimus G and my sister's motorola droid with no problem. I have used this PC for flashing my previous phones with no problem (SGS2, SGS3, SGS1, Gnex, NOTE2, SGmini, china tablets). Yes i do change phone frequently.

can someone please enlighten me on this..and oh! by the way, I tried flashing and transferring files from my gf's laptop and there seem to be no problem at all... I even used the original samsung cable which doesn't work on my PC at home. I would really like to flash my s4 with the latest 4.3 jellybean, and my gf is back in her home town for the sem break so I can't use her laptop for now cuz she has brought it with her..

I would really any comments and insights will be highly appreciated. thank you!

Mobile INFO
SGS4 GT-I9505 (GLOBE Philippines)
4.2.2 I9505XXUDMH8
3.4.0-adam-1.6+
JDQ39.I9505XXUDMH8

PC INFO
windows 7 ultimate 64bit (latest updates installed)
ga-ep45ud3lr
4gb ram
1.5tb hdd
27th October 2013, 09:26 AM |#2  
Flag Ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarold143

hello! i was searching through the internet and I can't seem to find a definite answer for this type of problem.

my galaxy s4 can't seem to have a stable connection with my PC. it works

so far what I've done
-plugged it directly to the motherboard usb port
-used samsung original cable
-install all USB drivers (installer, kies)
-uninstall, reinstalled drivers but no avail
-used different cables. ( the original cable doesnt seem to work. whenever i plug my device, it only charges. but there is no notificcation that tells me the phone and PC are connected to something) and then i used a motorola cable and the phone and PC seem to detect each other. but only in one of the motherboard ports.

and also, if ever the PC detects my phone, the "connect/disconnect" loop appears... the "connect/disconnect" loop DISAPPEARS when i plugged the phone to a specific port. BUT, it cant seem to have a stable connection. whenever i transfer a large file, lets say a movie. it copies the file half way then the phone suddenly disconnects then reconnects by itself automatically like nothing happened. I couldn't also flash firmwares cuz whenever odin tries to push the files into my phone, suddenly odin will stop and says "disconnected"..... by the way, my PC's usb ports are OK. it can detect and transfer large files from my brother's optimus G and my sister's motorola droid with no problem. I have used this PC for flashing my previous phones with no problem (SGS2, SGS3, SGS1, Gnex, NOTE2, SGmini, china tablets). Yes i do change phone frequently.

can someone please enlighten me on this..and oh! by the way, I tried flashing and transferring files from my gf's laptop and there seem to be no problem at all... I even used the original samsung cable which doesn't work on my PC at home. I would really like to flash my s4 with the latest 4.3 jellybean, and my gf is back in her home town for the sem break so I can't use her laptop for now cuz she has brought it with her..

I would really any comments and insights will be highly appreciated. thank you!

Mobile INFO
SGS4 GT-I9505 (GLOBE Philippines)
4.2.2 I9505XXUDMH8
3.4.0-adam-1.6+
JDQ39.I9505XXUDMH8

PC INFO
windows 7 ultimate 64bit (latest updates installed)
ga-ep45ud3lr
4gb ram
1.5tb hdd

Your phone has a defective usb port, replace it if it has warranty
27th October 2013, 09:37 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1V4L

Your phone has a defective usb port, replace it if it has warranty

not really. because it works with my gf's laptop no problem. but thanks for your reply.,
27th October 2013, 03:06 PM |#4  
OP Member

More
please help
27th October 2013, 06:20 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3,251

More
The hint's in your 2nd last post. There's obviously something PC-side going on; your PC - probably with the USB ports, if it works on your GF's PC. Think about it, that's logic. If it was phone-side, it wouldn't work with any PC.
27th October 2013, 07:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Fix
First connect ur phone to the pc whit the original white cable
them in ur S4 prees the notification of the usb is connected
Enjoy

If u just connect the phone it will only charge. U have to touch the notification.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
connect/disconnect, galaxy s4, i9505, pc connection, usb problem

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)