FORUMS

Soft Bricked. Help Please.

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 50

By natethegreat131, Junior Member on 29th October 2013, 03:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Okay so I've been around the block and back when it comes to ROM flashing, rooting, and the like, but I recently installed the ElementalX kernel on my Htc one and now it won't boot. Black screen. I've tried booting into recovery, but all that happens is the HTC logo comes up for a bit and then boom. Black screen. Help please.
29th October 2013, 03:34 AM |#2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10

More
How did you try booting into recovery? manually? try it through adb as seen in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1853159

If you can get to recovery that way, you can restore from a nandroid backup or sideload a rom to restore to and see if that helps

You can also try holding down your power button while holding your phone directly under a bright light for around 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, try holding down the power and volume buttons together, again under a bright light until your bootloader screen appears.
29th October 2013, 08:30 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirfk12

How did you try booting into recovery? manually? try it through adb as seen in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1853159

If you can get to recovery that way, you can restore from a nandroid backup or sideload a rom to restore to and see if that helps

You can also try holding down your power button while holding your phone directly under a bright light for around 30 seconds. If that doesn't work, try holding down the power and volume buttons together, again under a bright light until your bootloader screen appears.

Hold down power and volume down until the phone boots into recovery. Or as the person above said try adb reboot recovery while the phone is booting up.

You will need to download a working kernel or rom and push the file to your phone with adb command. i.e. adb push rom.zip /sdcard/ .. once you have the rom or kernel file on your phone, you should just install it via CWM recovery of TWRP. I would first try to just flash a different kernel that works so you wont lose data. make sure you are flashing a 4.3 kernel for 4.3 rom.. or GE kernel for GE rom.. or sense kernel for sense rom etc.. if that doesnt work.. you will likely need to wipe data and start fresh. I wipe my phone constantly and it isnt really as big of a deal as it seems. it takes prob an hour to set everything up and you wont lose pictures, music or video.. just text messages, app logins/data and desktop icon settings unless you back them up which i do before installing any kernel, rom or mod. hope that helps.

if you can get into fastboot you can try to "fastboot reboot-bootloader" or "fastboot reboot recovery"
30th October 2013, 10:56 AM |#4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by natethegreat131

Okay so I've been around the block and back when it comes to ROM flashing, rooting, and the like, but I recently installed the ElementalX kernel on my Htc one and now it won't boot. Black screen. I've tried booting into recovery, but all that happens is the HTC logo comes up for a bit and then boom. Black screen. Help please.

Your recovery is ****ed. Follow this guide to erase everything and start over, which is going to be your best bet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)