FORUMS

[Q] note3 n9008 available roms?

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By davidchenliu, Junior Member on 29th October 2013, 04:11 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys, my dad is bring a n9008 back from China. It has the qualcom 800 cpu onboard. I have done alot research on this phone, and only found the guide to root and flash recovery. So my question is: is it possible to flash roms made for other variants( such as n9005) onto n9008? Since the n9008 won't support the wifi calling from TMO, i would rather put a CM or AOSP on it.
28th November 2013, 03:29 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidchenliu

Hi guys, my dad is bring a n9008 back from China. It has the qualcom 800 cpu onboard. I have done alot research on this phone, and only found the guide to root and flash recovery. So my question is: is it possible to flash roms made for other variants( such as n9005) onto n9008? Since the n9008 won't support the wifi calling from TMO, i would rather put a CM or AOSP on it.

forget it~!not possible to install a CM rom
13th December 2013, 10:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haigel

forget it~!not possible to install a CM rom

is it possible to flash a tmobile rom and have the wifi calling working?
17th December 2013, 05:25 PM |#4  
Flag COATZACOALCOS
Thanks Meter: 623

Donate to Me
More
as always, you got your phone from china, get help there, in other words, if you want support, get yor phones in your own country, imagine this, you will get a warranty also, is not that amazing?, yes you save some money buying overseas, or from a no one knows about seller, but, at the end, you get no support, think abot that in the future,
17th December 2013, 05:28 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Pray its not a fake

Teleported from my SM-N9005 from the Enterprise
19th December 2013, 10:38 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by winol

as always, you got your phone from china, get help there, in other words, if you want support, get yor phones in your own country, imagine this, you will get a warranty also, is not that amazing?, yes you save some money buying overseas, or from a no one knows about seller, but, at the end, you get no support, think abot that in the future,

well i got the phone as a gift. so its not my choice at first place.

so far i'm able to install all of the n9005 roms(x note, omega, lidroid) and everything works flawlessly.
the tmobile rom can be installed normally, but i just cant turn on the wifi( it stucks at turning on screen)
anyone got a solution to that?
10th January 2014, 03:12 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Now you can install a CM11 ROM!
3rd February 2014, 04:35 PM |#8  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I too have been given a GN3 as a gift but it's the N9008 model.

I tried flashing the latest N9005 KK stock firmware, but I had no luck.

Do you know if there's a possibility of "changing" the model to a N9005? Hardware wise I believe they are exactly the same?

I imagine LTE is also not on this particular model? Am I correct to say that all Snapdragons are capable of having LTE? Would it be the firmware that "enables" LTE?

I don't really want to be on the Chinese firmware.

I've rooted the device and got gapps on their, but I'd rather a proper international firmware.

If anybody can help, it'd be great.
15th March 2014, 05:52 AM |#9  
Flag Tijuana City
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mR_CaESaR

I too have been given a GN3 as a gift but it's the N9008 model.

I tried flashing the latest N9005 KK stock firmware, but I had no luck.

Do you know if there's a possibility of "changing" the model to a N9005? Hardware wise I believe they are exactly the same?

I imagine LTE is also not on this particular model? Am I correct to say that all Snapdragons are capable of having LTE? Would it be the firmware that "enables" LTE?

I don't really want to be on the Chinese firmware.

I've rooted the device and got gapps on their, but I'd rather a proper international firmware.

If anybody can help, it'd be great.

I wonder if anyone tried this?
25th March 2014, 10:15 AM |#10  
Flag Tijuana City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitanFantasma

I wonder if anyone tried this?

31st March 2014, 09:25 AM |#11  
Flag Tijuana City