FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][AOSP][DEV][WIP][S4] Unofficial OmniROM 4.4 CLOSED!

1,084 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,117

By mo976, Senior Member on 31st October 2013, 11:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Why Omni?
Omni is what custom ROMs used to be about – innovation, new features, transparency, community, and freedom. Our goal is to experiment with Android development because we enjoy it. Omni isn’t better, just different. It’s another option for the billion Android users out there. Android (vs. iOS and every other mobile OS) has thrived on options as well as the gigantic, talented development community that has emerged to build those options. That’s the beauty of Android – that you can pick and choose from a smorgasbord of devices with varying features and functionality.

Omni is a chance to get involved, no matter who you are. Developers, whether you’ve been developing apps for a week, or ROM features for 3 years, you’re welcome. Users, we know you want to help out, and now you can – Omni actively encourages bug reports and feature requests, which can be added to our publicly accessible roadmap. What’s the point in giving you a ROM, and forcing you to not tell us about any bugs you find?

We also recognise how people use Custom ROMs – we’re all custom ROM users and developers ourselves – the argument that “nightlies are not for end users” is over-used, and no longer valid. We’ve found that the vast majority of users want to get nightly updates to their ROM. For that reason, nightlies aren’t a playground – nightlies are for new features that are finished. You should be able to expect the same stability and reliability from a nightly as you would from a “release” ROM, and can report any bugs that prevent this from happening.

We know not everyone wants to update their ROM daily, and you are free to update as frequently or infrequently as you like. Omni is about flexibility and giving users what they expect – and we are excited to see where the community goes with it.
Taken from http://omnirom.org/why-omni/

Screenshots and more info are here

BACKUP YOUR PHONE!!!
* Your warranty was void when you started messing around with your phone.
* These builds are unofficial and are unsupported.
* ONLY YOU AND NO ONE ELSE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING BAD THAT MIGHT RESULT FROM FLASHING THIS ROM!
* Finally Blah Blah Blah good luck!

This ROM probably has the same requirements as any other AOSP 4.4 based rom with the 3.4.x kernel.
Nandroid and then a full wipe.
ROM when its up you can Download Here
PA 0-Day Gapps Get it here
if needed SuperSU 1.75

KNOWN BUGS
Probably whatever is wrong with other KitKat 4.4 roms so...you tell me?

This is based on work done by xHausx for the HTC Evo 4g LTE. You can view the original thread HERE

Thanks

Especially xHausx for the device and common repos and for taking the time to help me get the build process running.

intervigilium for kernel and device repos, because without him most HTC devices would still have Sense :D

XpLoDWilD, pulser_g2 and all of Team OmniROM

CM for the various repos and for all they've done for the community

XDA:DevDB Information
OmniROM, a ROM for the HTC One S

Contributors
mo976, xHausx
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: OmniROM

Version Information

Created 2013-10-31
Last Updated 2013-12-03
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mo976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mo976 Ad-Free

31st October 2013, 11:39 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jerusalem Israel

More
Reserved

NO SD CARD!!!

A fix is being worked on but... NO ETA's
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mo976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mo976 Ad-Free
31st October 2013, 12:55 PM |#3  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
Looks promising. Cant wait to try it.

Thanks for keeping the One S alive.
31st October 2013, 01:13 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Gotta try this! Thanks

Sent from my One S using XDA Premium HD app
31st October 2013, 02:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
HTC evo is a CDMA radio, maybe the process is crashing because we have a GSM radio.
31st October 2013, 02:04 PM |#6  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 265

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nespresso33

HTC evo is a CDMA radio, maybe the process is crashing because we have a GSM radio.

I dont want to speak for the devs (sorry for that). But if he use the repos for our phone there will be no problem i think? Please correct me if im wrong
31st October 2013, 02:23 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jerusalem Israel

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nespresso33

Quote:
Originally Posted by yooouuri

I dont want to speak for the devs (sorry for that). But if he use the repos for our phone there will be no problem i think? Please correct me if im wrong

I am looking into the possibility that something in one of the config files is looking for CDMA. However all the ville specific stuff is from CM but edited to use omni sources for the build instead of CM and the msm8960 and s4-common repos that I forked are for all of the HTC S4 based devices regardless of radio support and could have just as easily been forked from CM but required to much editing of the various omni dependencies so I used his stuff.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mo976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mo976 Ad-Free
31st October 2013, 06:02 PM |#8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 2,671

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo976

I am looking into the possibility that something in one of the config files is looking for CDMA. However all the ville specific stuff is from CM but edited to use omni sources for the build instead of CM and the msm8960 and s4-common repos that I forked are for all of the HTC S4 based devices regardless of radio support and could have just as easily been forked from CM but required to much editing of the various omni dependencies so I used his stuff.

Cm repo is all messed up for Ville as far as I cab see from the other devs who source build for the one s

Sent from my HTC One S using Prism Pirates ModPack
The Following User Says Thank You to Flashalot For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flashalot Ad-Free
31st October 2013, 09:22 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jerusalem Israel

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashalot

Cm repo is all messed up for Ville as far as I cab see from the other devs who source build for the one s

Sent from my HTC One S using Prism Pirates ModPack

Well I'm trying anyhow after going through the various dependency files just to double check. I'm hoping it was just a bad build or something so I am pulling down the repo from scratch and hopefully will have a new build in a few hours.

Sent from my One S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mo976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mo976 Ad-Free
31st October 2013, 11:38 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Looking forward to this

And maybe try the 1.20 radio...
3rd November 2013, 11:47 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jerusalem Israel

More
First working build is up try it out let me know!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mo976 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mo976 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)