Post Reply Email Thread
18th December 2013, 07:35 PM |#71  
Flag jacksonville
Thanks Meter: 487

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhan Jufri

In the video, the person said that the battery will last 1 and 1/2 days. (Not a China dude but I still understand their Singlish)

Btw the battery life is probably the same for other similar smart watches unless they have battery tweaks like the Qualcomm toq and the pebble smart watch which reduces or fully disables touchscreen and colour

Okay guys.... making a little progress here. I am running ADW EX launcher here so anyone interested may want to try this....

I wanted to disable the launcher and lockscreen analog clock so that when i lock the screen i can actually wake the device and it will be in ADW Home screen with my own clock widget instead of waking to the white analog clock and launcher.... Try this (also, be rooted already

Step 1: Download "NO LOCK" from play store... Yellow Iphone looking icon. Or bluetooth transfer / side load application to watch's internal storage and INSTALL

Step 2: Go into SETTINGS >> APPS >>> ALL TAB >> Navigate to COM.SZKCT.ACTIVITY and click on it >>> Force STOP & DISABLE if possible

I am not sure if this is permanent after rebooting but i'm looking for long term solution. So if it's not, i will try and update with that next.

Cheers

*****UPDATE**** Used ROM TOOLBOX PRO to freeze Com.szkct.activity and after a reboot, the lockscreen and stock launch is completely gone!! SUCCESS!!!

So you will need ROM TOOLBOX to freeze the above package... or an app of the same functionality

*****UPDATE 2 **** Used CPU Spy it appears the device has no trouble entering deep sleep either, so battery life shouldn't be affected. I am back using the stock governor by the way. Will also try ON DEMAND GOV.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigBison420 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BigBison420 Ad-Free

18th December 2013, 10:43 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
BigBison , you're the MAN!

My watch just arrived 2 days ago.
I've been trying to remove that watch unlock screen for hours with no luck , i've installed RootAppDelete and i was disableing apps that i considere usless but i didn't want to touch that app as i did not know what was it.
Disabled it via the program and now the luncher kicks in.

you.are.awsome!
18th December 2013, 10:55 PM |#73  
Flag jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigiwidmore

BigBison , you're the MAN!

My watch just arrived 2 days ago.
I've been trying to remove that watch unlock screen for hours with no luck , i've installed RootAppDelete and i was disableing apps that i considere usless but i didn't want to touch that app as i did not know what was it.
Disabled it via the program and now the luncher kicks in.

you.are.awsome!

thanks man... it was killing me too - i've started a new thread... so bookmark it for future purposes. glad you were able to get what you wanted.
19th December 2013, 01:39 AM |#74  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Link for the new thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420

thanks man... it was killing me too - i've started a new thread... so bookmark it for future purposes. glad you were able to get what you wanted.

19th December 2013, 01:59 AM |#75  
Flag jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzSnitz

Link for the new thread?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575556

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
20th December 2013, 04:02 AM |#76  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Info 2 Applications
Known Working:
Play Store
Youtube
Gmail
Skype (from Play Store)
ooVoo
Pandora

Not Working:
Facebook
Skype (default installed)

[U[Highly recommended:[/U]
Framroot
Rom Toolbox Pro
ADW Launcher EX

I will continue to update this list as I try out more applications.
20th December 2013, 04:25 AM |#77  
Flag jacksonville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBison420

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575556

Put it in my other thread so i can update the OP

21st December 2013, 07:37 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
zgpax
Does this smart watch need to have its own phone plan or will it sink to my phone?
Thanks
24th December 2013, 06:43 AM |#79  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Smile Tablet Talk worked to sync with my phone
Yes, it syncs with Android phone but with a paid app Tablet Talk $2.99, To begin with I only use this watch to sync with my phone and when I bought it I didn't realize that the watch does not support sync. The watch is working like a charm for the notifications but I had go through hoops to get it to work. Member OP has posted good instructions to get it work which even Table talk did not explain clearly in their help or FAQ. Link to his post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2575556

The problem I had with Tablet talk was the watch could not find the phone no matter how many times I tried. I was almost about to return it but decided to give it a try and it worked. Here is what I did:
Navigated to Settings n the Tablet talk and I changed the my Samsung Galaxy phone to "Tablet" and changed the watch to a phone and viola it paired and the notifications worked from my watch to phone meaning, I had a sim card on my watch and galaxy s3 was showing the notifications. Now that I know that the app works, I powered off the watch and changed the phone type to "phone" in my galaxy s3, recycled the power just to make sure and then I turned on the watch and changed it to "Tablet" type and viola it paired instantly with my phone. I am still testing it to make sure it is reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionrgod

Does this smart watch need to have its own phone plan or will it sink to my phone?
Thanks

25th December 2013, 11:07 AM |#80  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 417

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionrgod

Thanks

The watch actually uses has its own sim card slot so that makes it a standalone watch phone. if youre searching for smartwatches that syncs to your phone then theres other choices such as galaxy gear, sony smartwatch 2, pebble and so on. what the person before me said was how to call from your phone/tablet using your watch which has a sim
25th December 2013, 06:41 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,

my zgpax S5 works pretty good, I also made it now to sync with my google calender, so everything runs in a good shape.
But I have a big problem by connecting the S5 to my PC, it always connect and a few seconds later, it disconnect and reconnect again, and this goes the whole time. So I could'nt get a stable connection, to copy music, files and so on to the internat SD Card. Has anybody found a solution for this problem, or am I the only one with it?

I activated USB Debugging at the watch and use windows 7 64bit, but also when USB debugging is not activate, it connect/disconnect and reconnect the whole time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)